It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Brainer: Bankster Bailout is Unconstitutional

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

No Brainer: Bankster Bailout is Unconstitutional

www.infowars.com

In 1789 it was decided the Constitution would provide all legislative powers to the Congress, not the executive. A century later, in Field v. Clark, the Supreme Court ruled that “Congress cannot delegate legislative power to the President [and this] is a principle universally recognized as vital to the integrity and maintenance of the system of government ordained by the Constitution.”

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
there is a Ron Paul video on that link to. Ron Paul is who people should be listening to.

they are trying to collapse the dollar people! the more money in circulation the less its worth, until its known as toilet paper!

really why cant people get this? money dosen't grow on trees!!

why do I have to pay for what you sheep dont understand?
ba!! ba!! sheeple.... go graze in a different country if you dont want your constitutional freedoms. I want mine!!!

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I don't see how the article in question makes this unconstitutional. Presidents are allowed to make temporary laws with executive agreements/executive orders. Yes, I do not agree with the bailout but I don't see how what the article said conflicts with the bailout.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
They are nothing but "political criminals" and they should be denied offices of election, people should kick their you know whats out of positions of responsibility and power. The longer they control the worse it will get. Hopefully I'm wrong but the writing on the wall says, the moneys gone.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
This is suppose to be a nation with a representative form of government. The politicians of this nation were bombarded with letters and calls that were opposed to the bailout and they voted for it anyways. That is taxation with misrepresentation and that is 100% comparable to taxation without representation which started the First American Revolution and led to the creation of this nation.

We were deliberately misrepresented by our elected officials, not a small part of the people, but a vast majority were misrepresented. Voting against the wishes of the people has chained every American for the next several generations to a mountain of unwanted and forced upon debt. What could be more unconstitutional and treasonous than that?

[edit on 16/1/09 by Pfeil]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Well in this day and age when all people do is believe what is presented before them, how will they know what is really going on behind the scenes? We all know that their are a few people in the media who may have tried to do their part, yet it seems it merely fell upon deaf ears. Not to mention the fact that TV in itself helps drown people out from reality in which we have brought upon us. All they (politicians) have to do is merely slap the words 'help' and 'bailout' with maybe 'financial help' on it and they are pretty much golden. While people are off worrying, they can then make a move to do what they have intended.

Side-track the populace enough and they won't even know what's going on in their own backyard.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Pfeil

Indeed. If the below video of Senator Feinstein doesn't sum up what absolute CONTEMPT all of these criminals have for the tax-payers of this nation, then nothing does:

85,000 out of 91,000 phone calls and e-mails from her constituents telling her how VEHEMENTLY opposed to the bail-out they were, and she ends her speech with, "there's only one way to vote, and that is YES".

More betrayal and treason of this nation by our bought and paid for elite-serving puppets.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

It is not her duty or any other politician's duty to do anything more than to vote the way the majority of her constituents want her to vote. To interpret the peoples opinions as misinformed and wrong is in itself misinformed and wrong. We are not children in need of babysitters and the Senators and Representative of this nation are not our mommies and daddies.

We the people need a change and I guess We the people will, in the end, need to make it happen to save ourselves. Swine, almost all of them are swine. That video angers me to no end.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
They are collapsing the dollar to collapse China.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

This is typical fear mongering to get support for an unpopular course of action, we saw similar during the buildup to the Iraq war. In the long run I feel the situation will be made worse by their actions. Not only will the situation be made worse but billions will be transfered, both directly and indirectly from tax payers to select private companies.

I think a number of very wealthy individuals who got their money because of the free market are worried the same free market will re-distribute that money to those with fresh ideas who are more worthy. So they are trying to keep their power via government involvement in the free market. In the long term they will simply destroy the system and will lose much of their wealth regardless.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

We really should "tar and feather" these scoundrels and crooks. Oh how that video makes my blood boil. I have never hated anyone, but that video has caused me to hate.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

And after watching this it makes me wonder why it wasn't presented on CNN, or Fox or any other channel for that matter that tries to promote "news" could it be because they don't want the nation to know? They put it on C-Span because well most of the people I know in this town, and even in the airports none of the channels are ever on C-Span and are mainly on CNN or Fox. This really is getting quite ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by FightLies
they are trying to collapse the dollar people! the more money in circulation the less its worth, until its known as toilet paper!

Of course they are.

Give the money to the banks, while not giving citizens their tax returns and welfare payments in California. And then the banks can repossess more houses too.

It's a great plan to screw the people. And they seem very good at it.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Techsnow
They are collapsing the dollar to collapse China.

I am intrigued, could you elaborate more on this? How will this help America as a whole if they make our money so worthless that it collaspes china. Even if it does collaspe them our money is still worthless!

[edit on 16-1-2009 by Aleksander]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleksander

China makes a lot of cash one business that has left the US to go there. They also make a lot of money through cheap labor allowing for cheap products which eventually killed the textile mills and other industries in the US. The influx of cash has also given the people of China a taste of luxury. Many, but not all of the people in China has had a significant increase in standards of living since the pre 90s which has also led to increase portests for a more democratic government.

People always have feared that China could dump the US dollar and destroy our economy, government and way of life, but no one seems to realise that it could the US that destroys the dollar in order to break the communist stronghold that is China. China falls into revolution and industry, jobs, wealth return to the US or at least more US friendly countries to help bring the strength of the dollar back. If democracy is established in China it would give the West a great stepping stone back into the Far East and allow the West, the US specifically, to dictate policy to nations in S.E. Asia such as our good friends the N. Koreans which depend heavily on China for its energy needs.

This is all hypothetical and pretty much stream of consciousness related to many things I have learn on this site. Don't take it that what I say above in this particular post is something I take seriously.

new topics

top topics

join