It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Writings on Glacier in Tibet??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Very interesting and thanks for bringing it to our attention, I eagerly await translation, S+F for sure! Cosmic harmonic ontological prodigal.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Any news on anyone translating this?

I would be really interested to see what it says.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
lol the first one is a huge hotel complex made in the sea for the rich.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Just as an update, I'm attempting to find these using Google Earth for validation, and I've found the first one. For those that don't know how, simply copy and paste the following coordinates into any Google Search box, and you'll be taken to the anomaly. I'll only list those that I find. So, without further adieu:

32°54'36.39"N, 97°2'46.38"E - Sanskrit writing on glacier,

18°31'45.67"S, 70°15'05.25"W - Coca~Cola etched into hillside,

51°39'3.55"N, 3°15'20.91"W - Horse carved into hill,

31°6'14.73"N, 121°0'52.87"E - Aircraft Carrier in pond.... I'm still unsure how the heck they did this!!! That's freakin' amazing!!!

These are the only ones that I could substantiate. I'm just blown away by the aircraft carrier!!! How the heck could they do that, unless they transferred it there by truck.... but still, HOW???

TheBorg

Edited cause I forgot how to spell in my haste to get this post up. Yes, even we mods make mistakes...

[edit on 17-1-2009 by TheBorg]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBorg

Regarding the Aircraft Carrier - One of the nearby photographs on Google Earth is labelled 'Fake Concrete Carrier Amusement Park'. If you take a look at some of the close-ups, it does appear to be fake.

[edit on 17/1/09 by Myrdyn]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Myrdyn

Gotcha... Thanks for that. Can't believe I missed it.

TheBorg

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Hi,
found this: Message in the Ice

Ethnic Tibetans write a Tibetan prayer for good fortune on the surface of a frozen river in Yushu, China. A human rights group accused China of actively trying to undermine the Tibetan language in an effort to assimilate the region’s unique culture.

The accompanying image seems to be from the same location as the one visible on Google Earth. The text seems to be the same as well.

[edit on 17-1-2009 by timelapse]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
im less curious about the writing in the ice after seeing that article about the tibetans writing on frozen rivers before and more interested in the cocacola etched into the mountain side. for the following reasons, 1 Why there its outside of a city heading into the barren waste land. 2 can somebody please tell me what that is south of the cocacola symbol, it looks like a city demolished by a war or a bunch of holes drilled for water/oil and scattered around are really large crater that are obviously from explosion/ somethign impacting.

18°31'45.67"S, 70°15'05.25"W cocacola etch co-ords
edited for spelling and pasting of co-ords

[edit on 17-1-2009 by JustInCase101]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
The nonsense music killed it your a jerk

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
It is either in Bengali or Bangla (the language is known as Bengali in West Bengal in India and Bangla in Bangladesh)

or Tibetan script

[edit on 17/1/09 by coredrill]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I came across this last year and showed it to my wife, who is a buddhist, and she told me it looked like a prayer. That's not confirmation by any means, just thought I'd mention it...

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
im less curious about the writing in the ice after seeing that article about the tibetans writing on frozen rivers before and more interested in the cocacola etched into the mountain side. for the following reasons, 1 Why there its outside of a city heading into the barren waste land. 2 can somebody please tell me what that is south of the cocacola symbol, it looks like a city demolished by a war or a bunch of holes drilled for water/oil and scattered around are really large crater that are obviously from explosion/ somethign impacting.

18°31'45.67"S, 70°15'05.25"W cocacola etch co-ords

Repost because no one read my post

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBorg

Thanks for tracking those down for us!
If you click the"You tube link" below the video, it lists coordinates for all of the sites. Sorry I did not post these in the OP, but I guess I was being a little narrow minded and focusing solely on the writings.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by timelapse

Awesome find! I had to look twice, because I thought the picture in the article was the same as the G E picture. But the images dont seem to match up. Now I really would like to find someone who can read both of them

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by JustInCase101

Hmmm. Took a long, long time to find that. I would not say that it is South of the Coke....and I saw no crater. But what I DO see, I have seen before, just not at this location.

Apply what you see elsewhere to this.
First, a Cantera Mine. Cantera is mined in such a fashion. I know, because I sell it wholesale. However, that is not a Cantera Mine(s,) though they are mining something.
Second, A. computer memory or B. batteries...I have not determined which one these are.
(we dig down,replace with specialized 'soils'...wound with metal(between layers)....more 'dirt'...and there you have memory or a battery, can be created for either)

If you could diagram an electrical outlet...or a cpu motherboard, that would help to better identify 'lines' you have looked at in the past, but could not figure them out.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Sorry Double post

[edit on 1/17/09 by Cheyracingchick]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by JustInCase101

I am sorry we didn't get back to you sooner. I was still asleep

I think it looks more like an Archeological dig site personally but I am not sure, I tried to look up the "Quebrada de Acha" which seems to be the roadway near the site? (found some user created images stating name) and since I am not up on my Spanish and translator sites leave much to be desired I was unable to find out anything of importance.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Lol duh!

It's the mantra.. " Om mani padme hum"

or at least the bit that I could make out is. It's written several times - the larger bits of script. The rest is probably similar stuff.

See it on this page written in the same Tibetan script in the very top right hand corner just above the picture of the rock..
en.wikipedia.org...

If I'd guessed, I could have found that page right away instead of sitting here for an hour with pen and paper squinting at the thing duh..

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join