It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ufos on ATS who can judge

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

well said superman I am of the opinion that you to have never seen a ufo or filmed one a well 40 years of looking at other peoples footage you still don't know any better take care nice speech.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I think a UFO reported sighting with several witnesses and videos from seperate sources and opposite locations at the same date and time would be more credible. That doesn't conclude it was yet an alien craft or government project. I usually don't trust the opinions of others as if fact.

But when it's doubtful, it's still boring. Even the best pictures so far don't say much to me. It still lacks the personal experience. I'm waiting for the tours of the ship and of the solar system and bases. You people can argue all you want about boring particulars of the equipment.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufosbri
reply to post by blupblup

Why do you think you can judge something that you have never seen before that's all I,m saying

I have never seen an UFO, but I can judge anything I very well want to judge. After all, judging is giving an OPINION. And if something looks like it is an identifiable object, I will JUDGE it as so. I may be right, I may be wrong. But I still have every right to judge it if I want.

And who cares how much one has filmed. Doesnt mean anything. I can go out and film stuff all day long - it matters not.

Seriously
to this trolling thread....bad GEL for feeding it. *sigh*

[edit on 1/16/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Ok superman Its of my opinion that you have never seen a ufo or filmed one 40 years of looking at other peoples footage very good what a wast of time I rest my case AGAIN. Ps Nice speech

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Well your judgement means nothing at the end of the day to me if your not seen a UFO or filmed One it means NOTHING.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Quick question-

If nobody can judge a video of a ufo unless they've seen/filmed one themselves,
then what's the point of filming them or showing these films to anyone?

Another question-

Would you consider someone like Billy Meier qualified to judge?

Just trying to follow your logic...

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by subject x

Billy Meier footage is FAKE Iv already answered your other question.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I guess I missed the answer. I'll re-read.

So you would not consider Meier qualified to judge?

edit: Ok, I re-read the thread and still did not see an answer to my first question.
Did you answer it in another thread or what?

[edit on 16-1-2009 by subject x]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

If nobody can judge a video of a ufo unless they've seen/filmed one themselves,
then what's the point of filming them or showing these films to anyone?

there is a point to showing ufo videos so people that no what they are talking about can compare. But others that Just judge others footage because they think the know what there talking about is totally different.
Bills footage is a wast of time.

[edit on 24/09/2008 by ufosbri]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ufosbri

Good grief. What an aggressive person you are.

The only people on ATS that can judge ufos are the people that spend time filming ufos anybody that thinks thay can judge what a ufo is and has not spent any time looking at the sky's is just talking nonsense.

Your logic is amazingly flawed. By this reasoning, all quantum theorists are talking out of their backsides, as they have yet to witness the defining evidence that confirms their innovative hypotheses’. We know that the quantum world exists, as we know UFOs exist in the form of mysterious phenomena, and theorists perform calculations and research to rationalize their models as viewers of UFO videos draw personal conclusions based on their own assumptions and suppositions.

We are all permitted to form an opinion on UFOs, whether those opinions are right or wrong. And we can debate those opinions on ATS as it is a discussion board open to all and sundry.

But the main reason that we can all form our own opinions is that no one knows for a certainty what UFOs are. Some can state with confidence they have intimate knowledge of the truth, whilst others simply create their own reality and lie so as they can belong to a group they desperately wish to be part of. There is yet to be common ground discovered that can tie in all of these disparate views

By the tone of your posts it is obvious that you consider yourself an authority on UFOs, and somewhat of an expert because of your sightings. If that were actually to be the case, then God help the field of ufology. It would be fair to state that your belligerent and egotistical attitude to the subject, and to those who have yet to experience a sighting, promotes the unhealthy, stereotypical view of anyone who confesses an interest in the whole ETH.

I expect you to understand little to anything I have posted.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ufosbri

Ok, that answers my question. I don't agree with your reasoning but that's ok. Thanks for answering.

I do, however, agree with you on the B. Meier stuff.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

have a look at my other video see what you think of that its infarred as well similar place cheers.

brian

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ufosbri

Actually, I've seen several of your videos. Some interesting stuff, I think. I can't tell for sure what it is that you're capturing there, but interesting none the less.

Of course, I'm not qualified to render an opinion as I've never filmed a ufo myself.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ufosbri

So Brian, whats your full name? I'm curious since we should all know who we're talking to.

Thanx,
Jeff

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

reply to post by RFBurns

I have already answered that on the above thread mate can you read get with it have you seen or filmed a ufo If not I rest my Case.

In fact I have filmed strange objects using normal 8 and 16mm stock as well as high speed 35mm stock, and used professional grade video cameras that can be found in the television broadcast industry to video objects in the sky. Have done these types of things since 1974. Do I go around making claims that I am an expert..no.

Should we just blindly accept your word that you are some expert when you have yet to show any valid proof of your claim...again...no.

You seem quite offended when someone does not see what you see in your videos. I have stated, as others have as well, if you do not want to hear others opinions, then keep your videos to yourself so you can save us and yourself alot of wasted time.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Is there anyone on this site that's actually saw a ufo there does not seem to be, a well maybe one day you will be enlightened or maybe there's no one on hear that's worthy of such a thing.

I WAS going to come to defense of your original premise as I have worked in the video industry.

But this high and might attitude of yours isn't helping your cause.

I am a total believer but other than possible repressed memories from possible abductions I have never seen anything in the sky I can't identify. So, what, that means I'm not "worthy"?

Vas

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

If you don't like what I'm saying then don't reply what a bunch of girls there's nothing to what I have said that is aggressive, Just stating a fact.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasilis Azoth

I mean what I say and say what I mean.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jritzmann

Why dont you look at my web site it will tell you all you need to know.

Brian mcphee.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
OK, what makes someone that has seen a UFO a better judge of other people's photos or videos of UFOs?

I knew a person who saw a UFO at night, it was a dark cigar shaped object that blocked the light from the stars. What makes this person a better judge of a UFO video?

What is unknown to someone may not be unknown to other people. If you never saw a balloon and you see a balloon then, to you, it's a UFO, but for someone that knows balloons it is just a balloon. Some time latter you see a video of a disk shaped UFO; does the fact that you saw a balloon that you were not able of identify makes you a better judge of this new footage that shows another thing that you do not know?

This is what I do not understand about this thread, how can someone that really thinks about it say the things you said?

PS: I have never seen anything (flying) that I could not identify.

PPS: The way you write your posts it's not the best to promote a calm and peaceful discussion, I don't know if your idea is just to provoke people, I hope it's not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join