It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Issues Scathing Report on Immigrant Who Died in Detention

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

U.S. Issues Scathing Report on Immigrant Who Died in Detention

www.nytimes.com

Federal immigration officials investigating the death of a New York computer engineer from China who died in their custody last summer said Thursday that supervisors at a Rhode Island detention center had denied the ailing man appropriate medical treatment on multiple occasions and that employees had dragged him from his cell to a van as he screamed in pain.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
This just shows that this country is turning into the land of zero accountability. Stories like these just break my heart and I feel empathy for those who are treated as if they are no longer human beings.

I can't understand that medical people were also involved with denying him treatment.

How can anyone turn away from someone who is in so much pain?

I cannot imagine how these people sleep at night.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Easy, they are not people, but brainwashed by their masters, hence why they ca refuse help to someone in massive pain. Our murderers and rapists get treated better than this.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I am really surprised that only one person has chimed in on this. This is not something that happened in guantanamo, but right here. The person who dies had a US citizen wife.

If this can happen here, we should all be VERY concerned.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by xman_in_blackx
I am really surprised that only one person has chimed in on this. This is not something that happened in guantanamo, but right here. The person who dies had a US citizen wife.

If this can happen here, we should all be VERY concerned.

You're surprised that only one person chimed in?? Do you not live in America?

Oh, well, guess its a white dude...

Dude, listen, this is how it is in America. It's been like that ever since I realized it back in... hmmm... it was 1999. My mom had swallowed a bunch of pills because she couldn't take it anymore. The aliens with the voices in her head, then me, her son, telling her that she was crazy (I wouldn't call her crazy these days, since them aliens do it to me now, by the way). So I called 911. The callous cold hearted cops drove up, with batons out ready to beat her senseless, with a smile on their face. Like it was routine.

Ever since I've had bad experiences with cops or security guards. It's mostly security guards though. Window shopping in a mall in Cleveland almost got my head blown off one time.

Dude, forget about the border security officer, the police officer, the sheriff... what about those drug addicted ex-con security guards with badges running around with guns looking for someone to kill? They can easily kill you, and get away with it.... cops won't do a thing. The cops treat it like they're protecting one of their own.

I've had enough security guards drag me into a back office because they wanted a punching bag, or because they had some sick sex fantasy in Cleveland, and then you go to the cops and they say "well, they said you fit a description". You go to a lawyer and they "we don't want to take the case". You go to the ACLU and they say "we don't handle that kind of stuff, it has to be a constitutional issue".

(gasping for breath) I give up. You'll never get it. How pointless.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
A close friend of mine said that "they" were practicing on removing rights from minorities ramping up for removing rights from everyone. I don't think is is a race issue, I think it is a "we are not the elite" issue.

One must eventually get their comeuppance. The BART cops found out what happens. The ICE agents found out what happens. If we refuse to bring back accountability to our nation, we are finished.

The lack of a wheelchair didn't kill him, the people who refused him care killed him. The gun didn't kill him, the officer who used the gun killed him. It isn't the car that killed him, it was the person who drove the car that killed him.

People always look for scapegoats anymore.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I dont think it is an indictment of America as a whole. And I think it is pretty irresponsible to suggest that "Americans" dont care about the treatment of prisoners, illegal immigrants or not.

This was the action of a few individuals. Not everyone who goes into a "law enforcement" sort of job, (prison guard, security officer, etc.) is a nice guy. Some seek that kind of work because they have a power complex. Its unfortunate, but it could happen anywhere.

I personally think they should screen applicants for that type of job psychologically. But even if they did more screening, some nuts would slip in. Pedophiles tend to try to work around children, some serial killers gravitate towards elder care, and some brutal power hungry jerks try to find work where they are armed and in authority and they can abuse others. It sucks, and I hope they are prosecuted for it, but there will always be clever mentally ill people who find a way to get jobs that allow them to perpetrate crimes.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I agree with you. Most of my friends work LE and they all want to make a difference. They care about people. Some bad eggs will always get through the screenings.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by xman_in_blackx]

top topics

join