It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spud Gun

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
We have actually tried several things. The Impeacher, as we've named it, has a lot of power. We'd stick a potato in, then about 50 paint balls, and another potato. Really makes some beautiful art, especially if you use multiple colors!

We have also played with explosives, firing M-80s and the like. The coolest and stupidest thing ever fired out was a lighter refil bottle. Unfortunatelly (because nothing went wrong) I wasn't there to see it. They used a compressed air spud launcher, and fired the thing into a concrete wall. Caused a huge explosion, they were all thrilled.

But really, when all is said and done, I think the potatos are the best, biodegradable, slim chance of an accident happening, and, in the incident of accidently hitting someone, they hurt like heck (lol took one in the thigh durring our Normandy recreation one year) but don't do any perminant damage.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
That would be fun, but it's not very mobile.

we've got it on a sort of kart (a ricshaw really) using two ATV tires and a screw jack to make it level. the compressor runs off electricity (duh!) so we're also limited by the cordlength... not to mention that the aircompressor really isn't ours. we just "borrow" it from the airport.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   

we've got it on a sort of kart (a ricshaw really) using two ATV tires and a screw jack to make it level.

If you've got an old red wagon around there somewher that could work. Not one of the new plastic ones, but an old metal one.

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
whoa wait....by spud, do u mean potatoe? i've never heard of a spud gun before.
what is it?

[Edited on 14-4-2004 by silQ]

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
i would like to make one with some sort of fuel injection like this propane set up. i am also looking for some 2 1/2" pipe to use for shooting tennis balls. but its hard to find. my cousin is a plummer so he's going to try to find me some.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I'm actually working right now on designing a pneumatic cannon... it's not designed to accept potatoes, but it certainly could, I imagine. It's not a bad design: 2-inch SCH80 pipe, CO2 powered, mounted on an old SKS stock; I've gotten pretty impressive ranges with similar designs in the past.

This baby is primarily intended as a grenade launcher for paintball, but I've worked out a couple other uses as well

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I am making a spud gun right now, your basic combustible cannon. Ill post pictures when its completed. What I really what to shoot out is a glue bottle. Mwahahaha

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Now what you need to do is create some ammo for it. Take a balloon and fill it with some tar. Then, stick that in a heavy duty zip-lock baggy full of white feathers. Then, you can instantly tar and feather someone from a distance away!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join