It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Remember this quote from "V for Vendetta"?

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."

Well you know what's wrong with BOTH of these statements?

Fear.

Because, as someone wise once said: "Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering."

We will first build a perfect society without suppression, wars, racism and suffering, when the society will be not based on fear.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spooky Fox Mulder
Because, as someone wise once said: "Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering."

Fear also enables survival. I don't imagine you really want a world in which fear is no longer a significant component.

We will first build a perfect society without suppression, wars, racism and suffering, when the society will be not based on fear.

I agree--society should not be based on fear. However, if you take an honest look at human nature, fear has a necessary role to play in communication, particularly between ruling groups and their subjects. Eliminating fear in this realm would also necessitate removing all selfish, aggressive human characteristics. Otherwise, what do you imagine a ruler will do who no longer fears his citizens? After all, the citizens don't fear him either, which dulls any push to protect their own interests. Still bearing the ego of a normal human, he could easily subjugate the entire populace--they are, after all, not afraid of him, and he isn't afraid of them. It's a bit of a spiral, isn't it?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Love enables survival more than fear. Fear is counterproductive, love is creational.

The choice in itself is a no brainer. Sadly a lot of people have scared minds.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
You know it's funny I used that exact quote only a few hours ago explaining why, after my "endentured servatude" to the american military, I'm planing to leave my beloved America. If your body wasn't intended to feel something I don't imagin evolution would alow us to experiance it. I agree we need FEAR. It's what keeps us in check, now if a government is using it to controle its' people thats not right, but FEAR is also what stops me from hitting my superiors in the military. (that and my basic love for all people)

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Fear, this is interesting upon this planet here is many Agencys only runned to create fear, why they do that??

simple the human being is more easy controlled when its afraid, its not my idea, but it is how this planet ir ruled By Fear. mostly why it is becouse Fear is created in the ego , and the ego is broken there for humans has fear, in the reality there is nothing to be afraid of .well Fear is an interesting topic

new topics

top topics

join