It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S.-United Arab Emirates sign nuclear deal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
From the cnn website I find this jewel!

I don't quite know how to link the news source I see so I am placing the link to the story here.

www.cnn.com...

The ramifications of this are so far reaching and I think this is insane! I am very interested in hearing what ATS members think of this.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Personally, I cannot see the problem. They are a stable pro-western arab country and very rich.

Why should nuclear energy be an energy source solely for the west? It should be available to all ..... less reliance on oil, gas and coal.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by redhead57

With the timing of this event, it allows me to think that it is some kind of "Peace Offering" after the US was discovered running covert operations to over throw the Iranian regime, it will be only fare to share the technologies of nuclear energy in the first place, but the main frame of thought of these taking place prior to this news release was little to none of ever happening.

U.S. officials said Washington is working on similar pacts with Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and Jordan.

The countries mentioned above are all in some way or another, for shoving Zionists and the Israeli state out of the democratic spot light and this would break all ties with the USA for being an ally, these countries will feel more protected and secure with the ability to shove power back into the faces of the Israeli government.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I was very surprised to see this myself. These nations are clearly at odds with Israel and it looks somewhat like we are now playing both sides against the middle. I am sorry, I just don't buy that a promise to use the technology for purposes of energy will be kept. It would surely make the already messy Middle East puzzle further complicated and place the US in a very new situation.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan
Personally, I cannot see the problem. They are a stable pro-western arab country and very rich.

Pro Western? ?

talk about double standards

kind of funny how the US has free rein to build nuclear power plants in countries which it sees fit,

example the nuclear plant the US was going to and in the middle of building for Iran after over throwing their elected government for a pro western government

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
strange...

but its good to see this....lets see what happens in the future..u never knw..

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Here's a thought!

How about strengthening the position of our buddies the UAE in the region. That would surely make the nations in opposition to Israel, and NOT our allies or friends, think more carefully about attacking or standing against Israel.

Jockeying for more clout?????

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
You really think those "friendly" Arab countries wouldn't turn against Israel once the U.S. give them nuclear plants? You know after they get the nuclear plants they're gonna make the bomb. IMO the U.S. is extremely stupid for making this move.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Lets put it this way.

If the US does not help the UAE with building a nuclear power plant, you can certainly bet your bottom dollar some other country will and it might not be a 'friendly' country either.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
So it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario, because either way, the U.S. is gonna get it from some Arab country some day.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Halliburton needs a plant so that they can plug there new headquarters building. I wonder if they knew the deal was in the works.

join