It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did anyone else see it on the news yesterday??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
This has really made me think because after I turned the news on yesterday at about 9:40 (in England time) I know It saw it say that 150 people have died from a plane crash in New York even though everyone got out alive

I know 100% that they said at some time around 9:40pm because I remember seeing it in flashing yellow writing like they always do for breaking news also I went downstairs to tell my parents to turn the news on because of the crash

Of course it’s possible that because I have just seen something like a plane crash in New York I may have seen it wrong but I am certain I saw it in the flashing ticker at the bottom of the screen so if anyone else saw this post it here

AG

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Take it from a former newsreporter, most large news agencies do not perform fact checking. They either report a press release or plagiarize another competitor. My job for the last six years was falsifying copy.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I saw it on the news too. It's getting virtually no US coverage, but I did find a good BBC Article

A US airliner on a domestic flight with 155 people aboard has ditched into the Hudson River in New York City but with no loss of life.

All 150 passengers, three flight attendants and two pilots were rescued in freezing weather, with a number later treated for unspecified injuries.

The US Airways Airbus A320 crashed just after taking off from LaGuardia Airport heading for Charlotte, North Carolina.

Officials believe the plane may have collided with a flock of geese.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by secretagent woooman

Exactly.
Which is why I can barely read some articles as they are simply a twisted tunnel vision pc garbage in print.

The truth is not really important, perception is king.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by CeltAngel

Getting virtually no US coverage? They covered it for almost an entire day. It was all over the news from the moment it happened until this morning.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
That's funny because I saw something similar on the CNN news ticker except and this is no joke! it said hundreds of alien ships have now entered our atmosphere. and that was it and it only showed once. I thought I was seeing thing but when the wife spoke up and said "did you see that?" Make one think they are just creating the news for us. Hmmm......... did I take the Red pill or the Blue pill?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

People in the news industry do things like that to be funny and to piss off bad management. A local paper once fired a graphics worker who Photoshopped a beauty pageant winner to have three arms and forgot to fix it before print time. They should have fired the proofreader as well for not catching it.
Another point, news workers usually are failed artists or fiction writers and already are bitter at everyone else (sit in on a meeting sometime and listen how they talk about the public). They do things like this to try to dupe people since they think the public really is stupid enought to believe it.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TasteTheMagick
reply to post by CeltAngel

Getting virtually no US coverage? They covered it for almost an entire day. It was all over the news from the moment it happened until this morning.

No doubt. It was on last night since it happened and before I took my kids to scholl was still being reported. I just flipped to fox/msnbc (11:55 am)and their still reporting it.

No coverage? I think someone needs to turn the tv on.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Several times late at night I have seen cnn ticker read somthing in reference to a UFO over a city or somthing . Its ussualy 2am est when this happens.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Never seen anything like that. Maybe I'll check around for it for a few days, I'm usually up that late anyway. I doubt it though, I don't think they'd put something like that up there. Unless they know we're not really paying attention and wouldn't notice.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
For those who think he's talking about the crash not being reported: He's talking about the Ticker that might have said 150 "Dead". But as he said, he's not sure he actually saw it.

I know It saw it say that 150 people have died from a plane crash

As for the news puppets thinking the average American listener/watcher is stupid, they are correct. Anyone who watches news on a mainstream media network deserves every prank the puppets can muster.

Boycott the News Media and their Sponsors, and perhaps we'll eventually get more than mere entertainment, weather phenomena and whatever significance they can milk for as long as possible out of some horrible happenstance that only affects a multi-integer fraction of their programming base.

top topics

join