It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's Closing Argument: Was Anybody Listening?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

"So... do you have an opinion on the questions in the OP - instead of attacking people for answering honestly?"

Did you bother to read what i said? I said THIS IS MY OPINION!!

I didn't think the question deserved any response. "If the question was hahaha, this is funny let's make fun of stupid Bush what do you think?

To jump in a thread and start Bush bashing for the hell of it, is beneath me and should be you. I 'm surprised!

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus

And one more thing Obama didn't win because of his ability, he won by default simply because he had democrat, behind his name. He had to buy his way into the White House and he was used to that with all of his "pay to play" politics.

Actually Obama didn't win. The GOP LOST because most of the people were tired of being lied to, corruption and a hatefilled campaign.

Gut it up paxnatus and stop with this crybaby BS.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

There is a winner, and a loser.

The republicans were the losers, and the democrats the winners.

It's pretty simple logic.

Saying the Dems didn't win because the Reps lost due to X mistake, is like saying Middlesboro didn't win because Chelsea only lost due to their goalies incompetence.

Yeah... Obama won.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by johnsky]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

...not sure if I am thrilled that your dog has the same name as my daughter, but I agree with what you said. Say Goodbye George.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I did over hear this, and I could not help but feel patronized.

Got to agree with BH, Bush was sleeping on the day we mose needed him to "protect" us.

And after that, I know that I at least neve asked him to help protect me--not in the way that he wants to "protect" me that is, in snooping in my phone,emails, letters, creating no-fly lists, invading and decimating other countries, ect.

Beyond the Iraq war though, some of the things that Bush did or tried to do, I did not have a problem with the idea--just the way he went about it.

My gripe with him is much more his slicing and dicing of proper governmental procedure to get to his ends than it is the actual idea he was trying to accomplish.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Bush's Closing Arguments Fall on Deaf Ears

President George W. Bush said farewell to the nation, but the nation wasn't paying attention. TV barely cut to him in time for his first words Thursday evening and couldn't wait to cut away when he finished 13 minutes later. Something unexpected and awesome had happened to shoulder him out of the picture: a jet gliding to a stop in the middle of the Hudson River, with everyone emerging safe. The departure of President Bush, by contrast, had become part of the world's mental wallpaper some time ago.

Where is your response to the OP BH

Check the 4th post in the thread.

Number one I don't "hate" anybody!! So don't tell me I do!

So, you can tell people they hate Bush (like you did in your post), but I'm not permitted to tell you that you hate Obama? And you call us hypocrites. Very confusing.

And I don't hate Bush. I think he's an idiot and a criminal. I don't care enough about him to hate him.

I didn't think the question deserved any response.

Then I have a hard time understanding why you even posted in the thread at all. Except to jump all over members for their opinions on Bush, that is.

To jump in a thread and start Bush bashing for the hell of it, is beneath me

But to jump in here and start bashing other members is apparently not.

I'm just saying...

[edit on 16-1-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Actually I see Clinton as a worst president than Bush. This is all based on my personal perspective as to how each president affected my way of life. Much of Clintons blundering lead to 911, but Iran was a mistake and not in removal of Saddam, but in not anticipating how the Iraqis would handle freedom. So in the end was Saddam a lesser evil to the Iraqis running around and killing each other for the last 7 years? I would say yes in this case.
If anyone really wanted to through some death and suffering number count on what Bush did in Iraq and Afghanistan when you compare it to Clinton’s sanctions, Clinton did far worst even though “sanctions” sounds nicer than “war”, but in these two cases it was not.

One thing Bush said was whether you agree or disagree with him, he was able to make the hard decisions, and we will see with this young pup from Illinois, and Clinton wasn’t really able make the hard ones, hence much of the problems the year after he left office.

Did Bush, congress, Fed and everyone else drop the big one on the financial crises? Yes, and Bush is to blame for being the top dog, but next election I would also look hard on your state reps too.

In the end Bush moves on and didn't become king or emperor, so I see a lot of conspiracy people and Bush haters with a lot of free time on their hands to hunt down their next chosen one.

BTW hate is a really strong word. For me as I said, as much as I see Clinton as a big blunder I don’t hate the man, and neither do I hate Bush.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by Xtrozero]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

And one more thing Obama didn't win because of his ability, he won by default simply because he had democrat, behind his name. He had to buy his way into the White House and he was used to that with all of his "pay to play" politics.

Actually Obama didn't win. The GOP LOST because most of the people were tired of being lied to, corruption and a hatefilled campaign.

Gut it up paxnatus and stop with this crybaby BS.

Don't know why I'm going to give you the benefit of a response.

But here it goes, Why don't you do some real research and discover Mr. Obama's part in the housing crisis and economic downfall. Then when you have educated yourself come back and share what you have learned,about Obama.

As far as "Gut it up paxnatus" I was not speaking to you, you know the ole A,B,C coversation. A and B were talking so C yourself out. That comment was directed to BH only not you.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

As far as "Gut it up paxnatus" I was not speaking to you, you know the ole A,B,C coversation. A and B were talking so C yourself out. That comment was directed to BH only not you.

It's an open forum. Expect responses from anyone and everyone.
If you want privacy use the U2U function. otherwise....

If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
He didn't have his unusual smirk because he will lost his throne after 8 years, it most be hard to go from the center of attention to become a target from the irate Americans that hate your guts.

I heard what the soon to be ex-president said but more so I watched his facial expressions and his body language and that described to me a man who knows he was a failure and a man who has many regrets about what he did. GWB may say he doesn't care what you think, but I see his grey hair, the lines in his face, the worries in his eyes and I know that he knows that his actions during the last 8 years have destroyed a great nation and the pain suffered by it's citizens, myself included, will not be writing the annals of history in his favor.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
It is utterly bizarre that George Bush still has supporters. Reading through their rhetoric, philosophies, and explanations of why George wasn't a total **** up is just mind blowing. But then again there are still Nazis out there, because Hitler was just misunderstood to them.

Thank Christ this pig is gone, I just wish he was carried out instead of walking out. I'm personally excited for the derby of corruption and scandals that are sure to come out of his administration once the protection is gone and people close to him are looking for immunity.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The biggest lie ever is that "he kept us safe". If that was true, then why did 9/11 happen while he was president?

If he "kept us safe" 9/11 wouldn't of happened.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I watched the "farewell address'--I felt I owed him a final chance to try to justify himself and beside that I was just curious--kind of like watching a train wreck that is horrible but you can't take your eyes off it.

Bush did better than I ever expected him to, but that's not saying a lot.

To give the devil his due, I don't think he's besically a bad human being. I give him credit for often meaning well. IMO he was just swallowed up by a pernicious and evil ideology.

The downfall of Bush was the downfall of a whole way of thinking that has dominated the leadership of this country for much too long.

Obama may not be the Messiah but he is 180 degrees different from what has preceded him.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Worst President of my lifetime.

Yet another speech written for third grade comprehension, saying little of substance, painting everything as black or white, ignoring complexities and human realities.

Really, this has been an administration only the mentally deficient could love, and this speech aimed squarely at that same target.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join