It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was really happening in the world yesterday?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
It was undoubtably a reason to divert attention away from the US's latest tank in the middle east, which reduces oil-well workers to the size of babies.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
You know I also felt it very strange that so much coverage was being given to that downed plane. I mean it's not the first or last time that a plane's crash, plus this one only crashed due to BIRDS of all things, it's not like some crazy out of this world event transpired to cause the plane to go down.

I really didn't get what the big deal was about, I mean everyone made it out alive, was it really that spectacular?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Enigma Publius

I think if you do some research - you will see that a very high percentage of commercial pilots come from the Air Force. So, the fact that he was ex-Air Force would not necessarily mean a thing.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
One conspiracy site says the reason was this (excerpts below). I would think this would have been looked into a little more extensively than it has been, given a cursory search of ATS...

Russian Military Intelligence reports circulating in the Kremlin today state that an attempt to shoot down an American passenger plane over New York City carrying some of the top officials from the United States largest bank, and largest financial services company in the World, Bank of America, failed when the pilot quickly reacted to his crippled and burning aircraft by landing it in the Hudson river extinguishing the spreading flames and saving the lives of all aboard.

The reason behind this attack upon some of the most powerful bankers in the United States, these reports continue, was to further the collapse of the American economy by ‘assassinating by plane crash’ Bank of Americas top officials who were returning to their home base in North Carolina after negotiating a $138 Billion US government bailout, and which would ‘totally destroy’ the stock value of Americas largest bank, plunging the US into further financial chaos.

As to why these most powerful of American bankers would even be allowed to fly on aircraft normally used by ordinary people, these reports continue, the US Congress had previously pressured all of their Nation's top industrial and banking officials to stop using their private airline fleets while at the same time accepting from the American taxpayers billions of dollars in bailout funds.

The link also explains what kind of missiles, where they came from, etc.

Full text

I'm not saying that any of this is true, but does the flight manifest show that "top" BOA officials were on the plane to the extent that if there were no survivors, BOA would tank?

-dave

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainWilliams
Here is a surveillance video that shows the plane crashing into the Hudson river.

But the Twin Towers are in the skyline?? What the heck? When did this actually happen?

Take a look and see for yourself.

www.youtube.com...

This image linked at www.youtube.com...
has been removed by the user. Why? Was it a fake? I'd be curious to see it.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Genfinity
www.america911.com...

The link above will take you to a pic of the WTC/NYC skyline before 911.

As you can see, the WTC was alittle more the double the height of the buildings around it.

Although I would prefer a more professional debunk, this pretty much does it (???).

Please see my first post on this thread near the top of page 6. It talks about the possibility of this being a Russian hit of some sort.

The story is a snip of another article copy-pasted at a different website. Later today, I will try to track down the original link to this story.

[edit on 1/17/2009 by Genfinity]

This site was also not available. All I got was:
Page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Open the www.america911.com home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
Click the Back button to try another link.
Problem: Unknown Error -1.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I find it conveniently suspicious that when looks like really good leads or sites to check out, they are just not there.

I didn't pay close attention to the news coverage, but, now I'm curious to know whether or not the Twin Towers were in the background.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by PhyberDragon]

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join