It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was really happening in the world yesterday?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I sort of thought it were strange that the reason stated was "Canadian geese". I am thrilled and so proud of this pilots brains and good fortune on the landing-it is historical. But if we are going to call names where engines and planes falling from the sky are concerned, he better say he means he saw them, not just that that is the rational answer.

And if it is the public answer, to keep something hidden, hidden-such as they don't know what happened but someone heard bang, smelled plastic, saw fire-ect; and that it were not definitively known to be geese; than I would hope that 'Seaguls" would be inserted in place of "Canadian Geese" in respect of our neighbors to the north.

But hey, the damage is done. So, we should either confirm it were geese, or clarify and apologize for the slip of using Canada's famed bird as the answer to what is also stated as being 'an ongoing investigation'. Could as well as been a pair of Bald Eagles.

However, I did see an ENORMOUS flock of geese a month or so back. They were as numerous as crows. I guess maybe I should have called it in to someone?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Did you catch the airing about how plane engines are built to detach at water impact? It was interesting. It wasn't making any sense how the engines would stay on in the sky, but fall off in the water.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Here is what may have REALLY happened on Thursday. This sounds more believable then a flock of whatever.

I am working on an official link so if someone can beat me to it, that would be fine.

‘Assassination By Plane Crash’ Of Top American Bankers Fails In US (Updated Jan. 16, 2009)

Russian Military Intelligence reports circulating in the Kremlin today state that an attempt to shoot down an American passenger plane over New York City carrying some of the top officials from the United States largest bank, and largest financial services company in the World, Bank of America, failed when the pilot quickly reacted to his crippled and burning aircraft by landing it in the Hudson river extinguishing the spreading flames and saving the lives of all aboard.

-By John Kell, Dow Jones Newswires; 201-938-5285; john.kell@dowjones.com

So if Kansas just went bye-bye, where are we???

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Actually no I don't think it was that other news was going on and not being covered. I think this is the beginning of a lot of happy sunshine and butterfly news that we will start seeing more of once Obama is in office. I honestly am watching to see how the media will shift their focus. What do you bet we will start seeing a lot more 'good feel' and happy stories in the media to show the goodness in people and how things are improving and so much better now. Cynical? Yes, but I'm watching for it.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Enigma Publius

False Flag? Not so much. My dad flys for united and about 2/3s of the guys he works with are exair force. His good friend and our neighbor (awesome guy btw) was one of the first to fly the f-117 back in the 80s. Yes, he was flying out of Area 51. But there is such a thing as a slow news day. One network gets a tip about a plane crash and puts it on, then the others are like "wtf, we need to cover this too.." then boom, it on all the news networks. I don't think false flag at all.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Enigma Publius

I dont think it was a false flag. Contrary to popular opinion I do think that people do want to hear good news. It was an amazing story in the fact that no one got seriously injured.

It really doesnt suprise me that its all over the news.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
From what we have seen:

- Black box and engines have still not been recovered
- 'A Flock of Seagulls' flew into the engine
- BoA employees on that plane

While we wait for evidence that the Flock hit that engine, lets think for a moment about what those BoA employees are getting up to, i guess its a good time to take sick leave.

btw a little ATS joke material 1 5-4 9 = ?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I am also quite angry that it was taking precious time away from my normal Feed of Death and Chaos news. How dare they put that story of heroism and amazing aviator skills on the news for days.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure that this is the only successful water landing a plane has ever had? It made the news all day because for the first time ever, we saw an incident occur with a plane were instead of having massive casualties we had a miracle to put on our television screens.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by vonspurter

perhaps both views are right but one wonders if sometimes the
coverage of ANY story is not overplayed and maybe even for
a mysterious reason. I for one don't have any inside scoops as
to how these news folks operate. Although a wonderful heartwarming
story which I'm glad they covered I did wonder why there was
so much coverage as though there was nothing else big going on to
mention on the news. The reverse of that is how sickening it is
that some tragic stories seem to drag on and on. I guess that is the
nature of news broadcasts. I know there is lots of stuff that never
gets mentioned even locally. Does the pilots in general unionized
training have anything to do with this story?
Besides if anything that secretive were going on why would they
broadcast it if they did not have a big story to cover? It will eventually
come out in the wash anyway eventually, one way or another I guess.
njl

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by HugmyRek
I sort of thought it were strange that the reason stated was "Canadian geese". I am thrilled and so proud of this pilots brains and good fortune on the landing-it is historical. But if we are going to call names where engines and planes falling from the sky are concerned, he better say he means he saw them, not just that that is the rational answer.

And if it is the public answer, to keep something hidden, hidden-such as they don't know what happened but someone heard bang, smelled plastic, saw fire-ect; and that it were not definitively known to be geese; than I would hope that 'Seaguls" would be inserted in place of "Canadian Geese" in respect of our neighbors to the north.

But hey, the damage is done. So, we should either confirm it were geese, or clarify and apologize for the slip of using Canada's famed bird as the answer to what is also stated as being 'an ongoing investigation'. Could as well as been a pair of Bald Eagles.

However, I did see an ENORMOUS flock of geese a month or so back. They were as numerous as crows. I guess maybe I should have called it in to someone?

Your being sarcastic and joking right? LOL I don't want to go all serious if your just being sarcastic. LOL

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Here is a surveillance video that shows the plane crashing into the Hudson river.

But the Twin Towers are in the skyline?? What the heck? When did this actually happen?

Take a look and see for yourself.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by zooplancton
i think the reason the plane coverage got so much press was the fact that this was the first time a plane did a water landing and nobody was killed.

that's pretty amazing.

it is amazing....but how many times can u say that in 24 hours?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
The only things I find strange are that they said the plane's engines were missing from the wreck and NTS wants to speak with Sullenberger before the media....

the engines are designed to be the first to go after a crash i think,,, followed by the wings.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSecret
wow poor OP he didn't get his daily dose of carnage, pain and despair for over 24 hours... it's understandable that he's already having withdrawal symptoms so he's posting to ask if all viewing areas of the major cable news channels experience the same carnage blackout.

OP just be thankful no one died this time. i know, most of us are just selfish primitive mammals trying to get our daily fix and forget our own pain. but then try to imagine how you would feel in that situation...

OP, in your case SAW would be right to put you into one of his experiments and see how you react. because you're wasting your life wishing for more blood in the world and don't appreciate other people's unplanned heroic and compassionate stories either!

look that statement is irresponsible. i take great offense to that. im not kiddin. i have much emotion when i see atragedy. i want peace on earth...all that stuff. I merely said that it was strange to cover this for 2 days running now while other MAJOR MOAJOR things were happening...like citibank and the bailout that happened at midnight that day, the nuclear pact, and the UN building being destroyed to name a few. please don't put words in my mouth, or in this case, letters in my fingers...that is irresponsible and base.
this IS a conspiracy web site, or have u forgotten? go to "i love trees.com" or something if u don't want something conspiracy related.

[edit on 113131p://555 by Grandma]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
i was accidentaly loged on as my mother in those posts...grandma.
oops

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainWilliams
Here is a surveillance video that shows the plane crashing into the Hudson river.

But the Twin Towers are in the skyline?? What the heck? When did this actually happen?

Take a look and see for yourself.

www.youtube.com...

holy crap captain......nice find....there IS somethin a little strage about that eh? damn. i dunno what to think now.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Oh, just a small thing like Israel destroying Gaza....

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Why weren't they wearing lifejackets?

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Why aren't the passengers wearing lifejackets? If the wings are supposed to break off, why are they standing on them?

news.bbc.co.uk...

Could this news be distracting us from the soviet nuclear satellite in the process of breaking up in orbit over earth?

www.space.com...

[edit on 17-1-2009 by Scalamander]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join