It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was really happening in the world yesterday?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Sure, a miraculous situation was covered, but WHY did it have to be covered for almost 24 hours straight!? Why did they NEED to continuously cover the situation? What more can you say after you deliver the facts that the plane crashed and everyone survived?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
well there certainly are a lot of things popping up that were very newsworthy and were not reported. There was even 2 of the rescuers on the O'Riley factor by the time it aired last night...you know those guys were tired. I don't know if we should be so quick to dismiss this now, there were a lot of odd things yesterday, the UN building getting destroyed and the doors to the east room were closed during the presidential speech; I have NEVER seen those doors closed during a speech. Are we closing the doors on teh east so to speak? I dunno the answer, but it seems odd at the very least.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Enigma Publius

I do agree with you, I did mention it to my mother this morning when I discovered that this plane thing was still being covered. Like I said, I think it was meant as a distraction, and that obviously worked out pretty well. It just demonstrates the kind of power that the media has to twist events to their liking.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I actually love that story about the plane. Even though it is obviously used to cover for the bad news, it is still a great story. For once, a miracle happened. Instead of death and destruction, people walk home. That is beautiful.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TasteTheMagick

I do agree with you, I did mention it to my mother this morning when I discovered that this plane thing was still being covered. Like I said, I think it was meant as a distraction, and that obviously worked out pretty well. It just demonstrates the kind of power that the media has to twist events to their liking.

LISTEN to yourself!

How can a flock of BIRDS be coordinated to fly into the engines of a plane?

Not everything is a conspiracy you know.

For the love of god, just embrace some good news for once!

**EDIT: This isn't just aimed directly at you TasteTheMagick, it's directed at everyone who somehow believes this was staged.

Which seems to be a disturbingly large amount.

Common sense is free.

USE IT

[edit on 16-1-2009 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

False Flag? Can you say paranoia? The piloit has been flying since he was 15, teaches safety, was a fighter pilot, and gives motivational speeches to pilots concerning saftey. It was a friggin' accident caused by geese!

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

hey i hought it was a good story...for the first 2 hours. What about the other news? Bleh.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I know exactly what I'm saying, don't imply that I don't. I'm not saying that the plane crash was done deliberately because I don't have evidence supporting either side of that argument. I'm saying that it was covered for SO LONG as a distraction.

I'm saying this because there's no need for it to be continuously covered for almost an entire day.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

why do some people think i'm a paranoid freak for raising the idea of it being a possibility? Heh-Hmmm...i think it's slightly more plausible than reptillians ruling the Earth, or a web bot predicting earthquakes and other natural disasters. anyway, whatever, i still think it's odd to cover this ALL DAY LONG. There just wasn't much to report on after the initial part. Everyone is okay...it's a miracle. Now let's discuss for the next 12 hours while on the other side of the globe things are happening that you needn't worry about.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by Enigma Publius]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
LISTEN to yourself!
How can a flock of BIRDS be coordinated to fly into the engines of a plane?
Not everything is a conspiracy you know.
For the love of god, just embrace some good news for once!

I think, more likely if we're looking at this from a conspiracy point of view that the conspiracy would be in keeping it in the news for a long time.

Of course this ignores the amazing event that is a plane landing in water in the way that is described in the safety cards, ie, intact. In fact, if this time yesterday someone had told me an A320 would ditch in a river in New York with zero casualties, I would have told them that it's quite impossible.

I mean, I would expect it to be another Ethiopian 961. Though with no warning to have the lifejackets on, more people could still have plausibly survived, just because people panicked on 961 and inadvertently trapped themselves and drowned(because they inflated their lifejackets in the plane).

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TasteTheMagick

How many channels does the average American have access to?

This is a genuine question I'm asking because I am sure it's a helleva lot! And are you saying every single channel was covering the crash?

What about radio? were all the radio channels covering the crash?

The internet? could you not still go to say CNN.com and see other news stories there?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
For the hell of it, CNN Front page right now:

What are the 4 top stories on the right there?

Well hidden indeed...

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

The channels of access are not in question here. I know that on all of the news channels where I live covered this event for almost 24 hours. You also have to consider the fact that MOST people watch one of the mass news channels for most, if not all of their news instead of listening to the radio or going online. This story was the most prominent thing that the media wanted to focus on constantly for an entire day.

I would not be saying anything was weird had they covered it for a couple hours and moved on, but they didn't. Hell, it was even plastered all over my yahoo account and anywhere else where there is a lot of public attention.

It's weird and signals that something MAY have been going on that the media didn't want us to really notice so they saturated everything with this story about the crash.

Great story, but it was overdone into suspicion.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

What was the front page for CNN yesterday?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

What was the front page for CNN yesterday?

No idea, if it was ALL about the crash it didn't last too long, because everyone is back watching the Israel-Gaza conflict if the top stories are an indication.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

let's see, in order of importance on the right side:

Gaza (4 stories)
Inauguration and the celebs coming
Boy George

Gaza is a daily thing, since the end of WWII. So, this can't be a distraction from that.

The inauguration is a globally welcomed change, can't be that.

By George, it's Boy George. They don't want us to know about Boy George.

This crash yesterday was insanely rare in that nobody died. That is news worthy.
The geese aspect is being questioned so the possibility for news regarding the real reason for double engine failure is going to keep this in the news.

The stories from inside the plane are first coming out. Passengers are everywhere.

As the story unfolds, more details come out, there's more to report.

This is news. If everyone had died, would you still be calling it a distraction?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

If everyone died did they still cover it for almost a day? CONSTANTLY? Then yes, it was still a distraction. I would still believe the same thing I do right now. The strangeness of this situation is the fact that it was covered for so long, not the event itself.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
For crying out loud why are some people on here bent on turning this incident into a conspiracy? If say 5 people (including a child - with close up shot of teddy floating in Hudson for dramatic effect) died on that plane would you still be saying this?

Last major event as far as I''m aware in the UK that happened to NY was 911. Now something good is reported and - no, you won't be having it. Somethings afoot. I bet some of you are on the phone now chasing up credit card receipts for bulk purchases of radio controlled ducks!

Believe in conspiracy by all means - but not everything is a cover up - believe that good can happen!

spelling edit

[edit on 16/1/09 by vonspurter]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

reply to post by Crakeur

If everyone died did they still cover it for almost a day? CONSTANTLY? Then yes, it was still a distraction. I would still believe the same thing I do right now. The strangeness of this situation is the fact that it was covered for so long, not the event itself.

It would probably get a lot more coverage actually, and you would be in a thread discussing how it was a diversion or a false flag.

Remember the Queens crash not long after 9/11? Did you give that the same attention as this?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Are you people daft? No one is saying that the CRASH IN AND OF ITSELF IS A CONSPIRACY. No one said that there were any radio controlled ducks or that the plane was brought down on purpose. Not one person said the crash was a conspiracy and yet you people are hanging on that.

The issue here is: THE EVENT WAS COVERED FOR AN EXCESSIVE AMOUNT OF TIME. So excessive that it raises the questions of WHY it was necessary to cover it for so very long.

I've already said that if everyone had died I'd be saying the same things due to the fact that the event was covered for almost 24 hours straight...or are you guys just not reading that.

The plane crash was not a conspiracy, the constant coverage of the crash was probably some kind of distraction.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join