It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man refuses to drive 'No God' bus

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

I never said that the ad should be banned. The bus company can run whatever ads they want. On the other hand, that does not mean that anyone who is offended by it has to work for or do business with them. That's true of anyone, regardless of their religious beliefs.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
When I saw the title to this post I thought this was going to be another dig at Muslims and how Islam was taking over the UK.

Phew! You can imagine my relief when it turned out to be a God fearing Christian englishman!

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
This is so stupid. Guy needs to learn about the real world. Gah, Christians, and most religious types, worry me. I don't believe in the boogyman in the sky. I don't do bad things because they are bad things. Religious people don't do bad things because they don't want to be punished. I don't murder some one because it is wrong to do that. A Christian doesn't murder some one because they don't want to go too hell. Who has the morals again?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher
When I saw the title to this post I thought this was going to be another dig at Muslims and how Islam was taking over the UK.

Phew! You can imagine my relief when it turned out to be a God fearing Christian englishman!

Absolutely pathetic.

That kind of dualistic attitude is what leads to racism and xenophobia (both ways).

You have reached a new low in my eyes masonwatcher...and frankly you weren't that high off to start with.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Concerning most of his posts, they're excellent. I myself find his posts to be educational and informative about a subject I'm not the expert on. However, as a woman who will never allow a mixture of religion and state to exist, and I do mean never, I will not be passively standing around should this whole nwo agenda begin, and who finds Sharia Law to be evil beyond belief, and England insane for even courting with it in any form of their laws, as it is not constitutional, I can't quite agree with the implications of his post this time.

All religions need to be modernized, get out of the myths and human agendas in the scriptures, and abide by the highest human rights standards in the most modern terms. It should be a crime to practice any form of ancient barbaric traditions, in any of the leading religons, including Christian.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
I don't believe in the boogyman in the sky. I don't do bad things because they are bad things. Religious people don't do bad things because they don't want to be punished. I don't murder some one because it is wrong to do that. A Christian doesn't murder some one because they don't want to go too hell. Who has the morals again?

This dear is a very broad statement which has absolutely no basis in life. Fact is There are serial killers and mass murderes who know it is bad to committ these crimes yet still do. It has nothing to do with knowing right from wrong. The fact is the world is comprised of 2 things and 2 things only.GOOD and EVIL. It has nothing to do with knowledge of wether they'r good or bad. 99% of the world knows the difference. It's just that some people are totally emotionless and void of feelings (evil).

I honestly don't think a majority of society has done anything which would truly make them believe or disbelieve in an entity most are jsut brought up in the faith or brought up not believing. Most of civilised societies never had to face death on a daily basis and people are nothing more than spoiled, whiny bags of flesh who are dependent of the society they live in.

Regardless of religion there's only one God and how would many know him when he's provide everything for us and nobody gets to know him or even take the time. Especially since everyone is so busy blogging, playing games and my-spacing/facebooking. Our youth is brought up with absolutely nothing but their TECH God and each generation is getting more corrupted and immoral. Only death will prove the existence and answer the question of wether there is a God or not and we will each, induvidually get the chance for our own personal truth.

Until then I don't think you(or anyone else for that matter) should make such a generalization towards any group and judge everyone individually and you may be surprised at what you find.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Hmm.If I met someone who could make the Sun, Earth , Mars, Planets solar system, uinverse.
Now that Guy I would Call God.
And he can make Hell and send me there and forget me I dont nessasery want to go there.
That being said the Bus driver did not put the sigh on the bus .And everyone knows that he did not. What the fook does it matter .
People are gonno believe what they want to or not.Look around someone made this place its easy to play the aithiest game and logacol hard to play the Christain game.Drive the bus or someone else will drive it.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Revealation

Come on now, you're only making a broad generalization about youth, how is this any different from what you are accusing GamerGal of? It's not. The point of the matter is that this guy is taking things a little too far and I know that if I did that at any job I had that I would be fired.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by machinegun_go_go
Liquid Mirage,

I do acknowledge his viewpoint. I just think it's wrong for him to not work because of the slogan.

It's wrong.

Sorry to bring a post back from the first page but....

What if the bus had Swastikas painted all around it with a picture of Adolph Hitler holding up some hair cream. The slogan underneath this image reads, Hairyan Cream: Go blonde! Followed by a disclaimer reading, *slavery was used to make this product out of cute little kittens' feet.

Would you drive that bus?
FYI the bus would be short as well

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
They should fire this idiot and tell him it was god's plan.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Mystiq What is the barbaricac Christain practice?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Sliick

Pretty clever: Hairyan Cream...made me laugh. I'd find the advertisement funny, but a little tacky. I would by no means refuse to do my job because of it though.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TasteTheMagick

So you would have no problem working for a transit company that endorse slavery and the harming of the cutest lil kittens?

would you be like this man?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Sliick

Nice pictures there. Personally, if I'm driving the bus, I'm happy to have a job. I do not have to agree with the people they sell their advertising too because I do not have a say in what goes on the bus. If the problem is that big of a deal for me I can leave the job, but the company shouldn't have to tiptoe around me.

Never equate me to that man. I am much cooler

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
He felt offended by the ad because his belief was not founded strong enough.
He felt attacked and he apparently has something to hide.
Or he is just doing whatever he can to get some time in the spotlight.
Pathetic weakling. Yeah, you heard me.

I mean, sereiously, if he was so very secure in his belief in God, would he not just look the other way and do his job?
I believe in God and that is what I would have done.
My belief does not rise and fall with the oppinions of others, let alone a stupid ad at my work place.
Ok if the ad said: "I, who drive this bus, denies God and thinks the whole concept is stupid. That is why I have this job and I take great pride in it!"
But it did not. If I would rebel at ads at my work and elsewere, it would be a full time occupation, only that. But I tend to mind my own business and I am fully capable to decide what is relevant in this world and what is not. Geesh, he seems to more keen on climbing the "ranks" of whatever religion he is mocking (whitout even knowing it) by confessing to.
If God would to care about such blatant stuff, God would not be pleased. Luckily enough, trivial BS like this passes by like it never happened.

I bet that this guy is Christian (I am not by the way). Those, and muslims are very keen on defending a religion crawling with contradictions and flaws.

That's my take on the story. It became sort of a rant while I wrote it. Please note that I am not attacking any specific individual here, not even the one mentioned in the OP. I don't know the guy, he is probably super nice, but I attack this behaviour.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TasteTheMagick

Is that you on the avatar?
Is the caracter "Otto" in Simpsons based on you?

Don't get me wrong, that would be super awesome!

Sorry for the OT.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by greshnik
All I can say is I would NEVER drive a bus like that.

I am 100% sure that atheists would strongly oppose positive messages about God on buses. They would start a revolution to remove them.

Atheists are very, very close to communists. Same mentality, same ruthless ideas...one step from mass murder.

Mass murder like the crusades?

By the way, there are plenty of pro god slogans on buses. Don't remember the article as it was a month ago, but these ads were started in response to being force fed christian slogans on busses.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
No, its hardly outrageous. Whats outrageous is the advertisements and the propaganda being shoved at everyone by facist luciferean cartel. There is a God, in my opinion a lot better one that the Scriptures mention, not a blood thirstly war mongler, however years ago they put these questions into computers to assess probablilities. The computer found a Creator more probable. To actually be allowed to advertise this new "agenda" and force people to OBEY authority no matter how corrupt and evil it is, is pure fascism and must be stopped by all the people at all cost!

I would have used spray paint myself, if I was the driver.

I always enjoy your posts - this is no exception.

In keeping with the two line rule - I agree completely - if it wasn't obvious.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Raud

Yes, that's me on my avatar...
I recently changed it because the other picture of me I had on there had been distorted when I changed it to fit the necessary size standards.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
He should drive it. He's paid to drive buses, not to pass judgement on what advertisement is being carried. It'd be equally ridiculous and this is similar to if a health fanatic bus driver refused to drive a bus because there was an advert for a fast food place on the side.

If they disagree that strongly, they can quit.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join