It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man refuses to drive 'No God' bus

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Luciferdescending

I am not American - this has not stopped me from reading the US Constitution and Bill of Rights....

Regardless of your nationality, I recommend you read these two documents as they affirm and accord your natural freedoms and rights. In this regard they surpass all other Constitution and any other Bill of Rights from any other Nation.

*"I recommend you Read the US Constitution and Bill of rights - Even if you aren't American."

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

I am not American - this has not stopped me from reading the US Constitution and Bill of Rights....

Regardless of your nationality, I recommend you read these two documents as they affirm and accord your natural freedoms and rights. In this regard they surpass all other Constitution and any other Bill of Rights from any other Nation.

*"I recommend you Read the US Constitution and Bill of rights - Even if you aren't American."

Cheers!

Why? How does the U.S. constitution help anyone in the UK? Make up your mind. You bring up the U.S. constitution and then get upset because I respond about the U.S. Now, you are just saying the U.S. constitution is important for everyone but my response about how it is actually working in the U.S. is wrong? Yeah, you lost me with that trick. Nice job.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Both the UK and US government abandoned their constitutions years ago when they began the "Global War on Terror"

Nice try!

Cheers Friend!

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

The whole thing reeks of propaganda, even The Bus!

What is propaganda and what isn't - isn't it all down to subjective interpretation?

Organised religions have a long history of noisly proselytizing about their opinions -should they be banned to?

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Isn't this a bit silly thou? A big thread all about a man's simple choice in "his" life? Which does not effect us in any significant way?

I may aswell give my opinion, because I've ended up posting in this thread anyway, which makes me a hypocrite lol.

In my opinion I think the guy has the freewill to make that choice, I see no problem at all, no big deal.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
If this man is truly a follower of Christ and true to his faith and in communion with the Father daily, then, yes, he did the right thing.

It would have been against his Christan faith to do so. We do not promote the saying; "THERE IS NO GOD!." However, we do promote the saying, "THERE IS A GOD AND HIS SON IS CHRIST JESUS." Would a non-believer get on a bus with this slogan and ride around for your family and friends to view?

Yep! IMO the man did only what his faith asked him to. I say bless him Lord Jesus, bless him!

Peace to all

Grandma

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Grandma

Mabey I missed something but I dont recall ever knowing the drivers personal beliefs. He might believe in God and but he also might not call Jesus Lord.

If he did, then I missed something....Im just saying....

He might not even be a Christian. Im just saying....

I have not continued to read all of this thread, so like I said, mabey I missed something where he claimed himself as a Christian who calls Jesus Lord.

My point is that he still should be respected, for making his own decision on what he wants to participate in.

If he wasnt Christian, would that matter? That is all Im saying....

LV

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
This "ADD" is coming to Toronoto Canada. I think its the most offecnce thing I have ever read. I would compare it too a anti semitic racist propaganda. I do think it should be allowed to be viewed publicy if they change the words to what they are really implying with this message.

"Don't believe in a God ? Then go kill yourself ! "

Offensive ? Why if life is meaningless and has no purpose but just a random act of coincidence than what is the point of ongoing hardships ?

History has shown time and time again that atheist ideals promote imoral behaviour due to a lack of belief in any reprocutions.

Science has proven the existence of a God not only in modern times but in antient times that we are just now beginging to understand. If you can still argue that then you have been blinded by Nazi supported beliefs such as Darwin.

Want proof ? Just look at some origanal Cuniform script. It in great detail outlines mankinds creation from altered DNA. Also it outlines all the advanced astromony that NASA has now verified as "FACT". It also states the existence of a GOD and there clear sceintific understanding of GOD.

Those who still outright deny that are deep in the buisness of disinformation. Atheist adds cost big money where do you think they get that money from ?

These same people and the same money are paying to lock these text up. One of the last people to try a release this histroy was the former leader of Iraq and look how well that worked out for him.

Those on the top of the chain of command worship this sceintificly proven GOD. They can treat us as less then human only if we remain ignorant to our past and continue to follow there misleading path of deception.

Mankind is not a mere ape. We are all on a path of spirtual growth that is are GOD given right. To deny GOD is deny ourselves of that right and that is exactly what those who try to enslave us want.

I do not deny that are current religuos paths have lead to many hardships. But that is just the nature of man. Do not let the mistakes of the past blind you from the light of the future !

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Doesn't anyone find it kinda strange that someone has paid hundreds of thousands of pounds to have these not Anti Christian but Anti-god( as in all faiths) banners on buses?

Hasnt anyone asked why they are doing this?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Christians respond to humanist society advert with a sign saying
'There definitely is a god'.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by greshnik
All I can say is I would NEVER drive a bus like that.

I am 100% sure that atheists would strongly oppose positive messages about God on buses. They would start a revolution to remove them.

Atheists are very, very close to communists. Same mentality, same ruthless ideas...one step from mass murder.

I don't believe in the christian god. Having said that, I would feel a little uncomfortable driving this bus with that ad on it, but I'd still do it, if it were my job.

If I were a potential passenger on this bus, if there were another bus available that didn't have this religious ad on it, I'd rather take the other bus.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
Doesn't anyone find it kinda strange that someone has paid hundreds of thousands of pounds to have these not Anti Christian but Anti-god( as in all faiths) banners on buses?

Hasnt anyone asked why they are doing this?

Because the dark ages are over and we no longer need to sacrifice our best stock for the imaginary friend in the sky. It is 2009 and time to stop believing in something that is basically the same story as santa and the easter bunny, and people insist on believing it still?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
If it had been a non-christian refusing to drive a bus carrying a christian message, I doubt there would be so many enraged christians on this thread. This for me is the problem with christians. They don't accord to others the same rights they accord to themselves. As Jesus said, do unto others as you would wish others to do unto you. That one seems to have been forgotten.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by rizla
This for me is the problem with christians. They don't accord to others the same rights they accord to themselves.

Reminded me of this quote

"People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them".
Dave Barry

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
When it comes to religion,people get pretty passionate, and some would more than likly act out in a violent manner. i think i would at first seeing the sign on the side of my bus, refuse to operate it.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ibegood2

Then you'd probably lose your job!

Should all vegitarians refuse to work in supermarkets that sell meat products, an indian taxi driver refuse a fare because it's to a synagog or an atheist refuse to give christmas presents and cards too?

Acceptance seems a rare commodity these days and what happened to brotherly love?

What are you afraid of, are things like this SO threatening to your beliefs....

Can they not stand up on their own without bringing everyone around you down?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
In an Arab country, the bus has signs on it 'There is no Allah'.

You would not find one single bus driver.

For heavens sake, keep religion off the buses.

And I salute that man - it is against his belief, and good luck to him.

Keep religion away. It is so-called religion that has caused most of the wars in this world.

Stop brainwashing people, I say.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound

For heavens sake, keep religion off the buses.

Well Said! I quite agree.

The first Christian bus advertisements should never have been allowed in the first place and then this subject wouldn't be such an issue would it?

Sorry to say it but.......religion started it!

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Yet if it said somthing Like Muslims are terroist our there is no Allah all you liberal nuts would get behind the driver then, The man has the right to refuse, just as the company has the right to fire him, Instead they chose to respect his wishes.

somthing this world lacks respect.

Fact is there seems to be allot of Left Wing Extremist on this forum that actually agree and with Islamic extremist, Pirates and criminals. If you want to live in a lawless country go live in somalia im sure you will beg to come back!

[edit on 4/15/2009 by Verd_Vhett]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

'Religion' did not start it - some ignorant person did that.

And I have to have a seond line, so I reiterate - some idiot started it.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26 >>

join