It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man refuses to drive 'No God' bus

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I bet if they had offered him more money to drive the bus he would have done so.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

I would like to see more ads like this on school buses and shopping carts/trolleys etc, maybe humanity will be able to give one big sigh of relief when the great religious god delusion is over. Perhaps any merits in spirituality could be investigated then with clear open minds.

I see someone has been reading Dawkins. :-) Always a good thing.

I wonder how much more money it would have taken for him to drive to the bus, assuming of course, he would be swayed by money - being such a spiritual soul.

Has anyone ever heard of an atheist refusing to work or anytihg like that because there is an advertisement for the 'Alpha Course' or a Buddhist Meditation Retreat near them? I think not - we are too busy just getting on with our lives.

Peace,

MGGG

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by machinegun_go_go

Advertising to go against God??

Kudos to the bus driver.

I'm ready for your judgement Lord.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   

I wonder how much more money it would have taken for him to drive to the bus, assuming of course, he would be swayed by money - being such a spiritual soul. Has anyone ever heard of an atheist refusing to work or anytihg like that because there is an advertisement for the 'Alpha Course' or a Buddhist Meditation Retreat near them? I think not - we are too busy just getting on with our lives.

Your example of the "Alpha Course" (poor mans version of Scientology?) isfine example of the hypocrisy wrapped in a delusion.

Perhaps it is fortunate that this ad was intended to question the validity of a god. If Islam had the idea of running polite adverts such as -

"Are you lonely, poor, prayers not being answered, looking for answers to lifes' problems ? Why not take a few minutes to call the Allah hotline!"

Maybe there would be one hell of a different argument going on right now, xtians need to grow up and stop trying to shove their belief system down other people's throats.

Life is a big bus which, whether we like it or not, we all have to ride on together. If the turban in front, is blocking your view of the driver, change seat or get off but leave the dude get where he wants to go !

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
There are a lot of Christians on this forum that appear to support the bus driver in his laziness and daily mail style hysteria over nothing more than a simple advert. Would this be any different if he refused to drive a bus that picked up anyone but christians? I'm an agnostic so should a religious bus driver be allowed to refuse me on the grounds that god might deny him in heaven (if god and heaven exist) for giving me a ride to work?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I know what you mean about the muslim ad.

My big problem with this - as stated before was that he was allowed to go home.

I just get so fed up with religion and how it dictates the world we live in.

I'm fed up of people getting offended over nothing.

I've been told that I have the IQ of an artichoke on this this thread.
I've been told that I am to burn in hell and be disemboweled for all eternity on this thread.

Am I offended? Not really. Makes me chuckle.

All because someone thinks that because I don't believe in their imaginary friend it makes me a bad person or that I need saving.

I don't need saving.

I am not a bad person.

I kinda wish my friend SiliconEngineer from another forum (not a conspiracy one) would join up and chime in on this one as I think he would add some interesting discussion points to this.

If you're reading mate - hurry up and register.

Peace,

MGGG

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Long time bored reader, first time poster. So TOLERATE my damn post and read it all!
As a simultaneous atheist/faithful (or in short, ath-hul) I feel it my duty to both condemn and enlighten you ALL with the teachings of non-Jesus, and input on all of your follies. Ahem, our follies. We are all One with the Un-Universe.

1. You are ALL wrong. There is a god, and there simultaneously isn't. it's kind of hard to explain. You will and will not burn in eternal hellfire. I guess it kind of evens out.

Originally posted by Slate
I'm sorry if I missed someone saying this, but you guys do know that he is still driving buses right?
The company he worked for had other buses without the advertising he found offensive. They agreed to let him drive one of those buses if they are available. If one isn't available, he agreed to drive the bus with the "There Probably Isn't A God" advertisement.
Ummm.....I don't see the issue.

Shhh, adults are arguing.

2. The driver was both right and wrong; like when you do long division.

Originally posted by janon
Making this a religious issue when it is clearly a personal belief issue doesn't make sense either. Give it to you guys to blow this all out of proportion.

I refer you to my previous answer, and additionally Damn you to eternal Bliss.

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369
The white Christian gets the least help from anyone, and if they complain about it, they're an intolerant racist. Screw those atheist creeps for trying to push their agenda on others. I'm sure those hypocritical losers would be the first people to point the finger if someone tried to get them to become religious. I've never met an atheist that wasn't a walking hypocrite.

The white Christian already has help from God (and non-God), cultural norms, majority rule, not to mention ultra-comfortable upper middle class.

Originally posted by greshnik
Atheists are very, very close to communists. Same mentality, same ruthless ideas...one step from mass murder.

I happen to be a communist and take offense to that! You forget yourself sir, communism is ruled by the people, your democracy is ruled by one person! And atheists are no closer to mass murder than ANY other group of fundamentalists. Except fundamentalist followers of non-Jesus. We preach violence through non-violent means.

Originally posted by Revealation
This dear is a very broad statement which has absolutely no basis in life. Fact is There are serial killers and mass murderes who know it is bad to committ these crimes yet still do. It has nothing to do with knowing right from wrong. The fact is the world is comprised of 2 things and 2 things only.GOOD and EVIL. It has nothing to do with knowledge of wether they'r good or bad. 99% of the world knows the difference. It's just that some people are totally emotionless and void of feelings (evil).

Good and evil are merely non-existent concepts of mankind to demonise others and mark personal deeds as righteous.

Now all of you GO READ SOMETHING IMPORTANT!!! There are a million things wrong with the world, the first being people like us bickering over nothing while countless people in the world are oppressed and killed over real problems. The least you can do is laugh and forget about insulting each other!! Ridhya hath spoken.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

Hell of a post!

Nevertheless, I'd be grateful if you could explain the whole long division analogy to me.

Welcome to ATS, my communist friend. I think I'm gonna enjoy reading your posts.

Peace,

MGGG

[edit on 19-1-2009 by machinegun_go_go]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

If a muslim refused to drive, he would have been given another bus no questions asked. Christianity is the whipping boy because it is the only true religion. Everything else is just shades of pagen worship. You atheist scum think it's fine to mock Yahweh and question his word, then say why are you Christians upset just because we slam your beliefs. All atheist should have been aborted, that way they would have a chance to make it to Heaven.

Peace!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

Now all of you GO READ SOMETHING IMPORTANT!!! There are a million things wrong with the world, the first being people like us bickering over nothing while countless people in the world are oppressed and killed over real problems.

Well it appears that many are reading something important, the writing on the wall.

Indeed countless people have been and are, oppressed and killed, millions of them by religious ideals.

Thousands of human beings are being deliberately killed everyday because of greed, religion and downright ignorance.

Surely by exposing the religious lies with debate (bickering) we can help to lessen ignorance by creating an atmosphere of reasoning, thus helping to keep in check those that would create wars because of greed.

I for one will "bicker " all day long if it helps prevent my children being caught up in religious brainwashing.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I've been told that I have the IQ of an artichoke on this this thread. I've been told that I am to burn in hell and be disemboweled for all eternity on this thread.

Hey that's not very PC is it ? Even an artichoke has a heart

So, you me and all millions of murdering bastards that have ever hidden behind a fish. Will be toasting marshmallows with Little Nicky thanks to the beard in the sky, yeah bring it on.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRandom1
Yes, how dare that bus driver ioce his opinion, stand up for what he believes in, or keeps his faith.

Hey I ave a great idea, let's round up all th Christians and kill them, then we can have peace, by killing those who don't believe as you do.

Why don't you think about what you'r saying, what if it were a "Have sex with children" advertisement, or something else that went strongly agianst your beliefs would you protest? You see the thing is, these athiest hate Christians, yes they "claim: that they hate all religions, but that's not true, they have been singling out christianity for forever, they hate us, not because of anything other than for the fact that they just hate theidea that what they do here on earth could effect them for eternity, they don't like that idea of resposibility.

The bus driver had every right to protest, the sign was offensive to him, the company should think twice about putting signs on the side of there bus that may be highly offensive to the majority of people.

Atheists are full of hate, i dont see how they can sleep at night and thispitiful forum here on ATS is there little payground, the mods don't care about these constant attacks on Christian, but boy they sure do show up and say something when it comes to any other religions.

LISTEN YOU MODS, DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE ONE SIDED HATE OR LEAVE!

-Lahara

you know... all religious people would say the exact same thing as you, it's quite common for people who constantly subscribe to a religion whose entire history is filled with persecution, to feel ...well umm... persecuted.

But honestly, you guys need to ease up on the conversion stuff... trying to convince people into your religion constantly is a watered-down continuance of the crusades, you realise this right ? Nobody hates buddhists, except other religious folk. Know why ? - they aren't judgemental and they dont leave you feeling like you've been scolded for stealing a cookie from the cookie tin.

Besides, who could get angry at a buddhist, thats like mocking a baby, it's just not right.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Damn protester!

Freedom of expression should never be tolerated. Everyone should be a mindless sheep and just do as you are told! This guy is definately a non-comformist...and non-conformists should be dealt with severely...perferrably by the government!

The issue is that this guy is not a non-conformist. If he were a non-conformist, then he would not have been "horrified" by the advertisement.

Amazing attempt to turn the tables and make this guy look like he's somehow a non-conformist. When in reality he is EXACTLY a conformist. And obviously can't deal with alternate view points that are NON-CONFORMIST.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
It's about time a christian (or at least theist) made a stand for his faith. For too long, the anti-god/occult brigade pushed their (un-)beliefs and expected God's people to remain silent. Now his head is hunted for refusing to comply with a system that insinuates (1) that God does not exist and (2) that the only way to enjoy life, is to reject the God he believes in.

Go on, Ron Heather. May the Lord bless you for not being ashamed of Him when the World expected you to be.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by J.Smit
It's about time a christian (or at least theist) made a stand for his faith. For too long, the anti-god/occult brigade pushed their (un-)beliefs and expected God's people to remain silent. Now his head is hunted for refusing to comply with a system that insinuates (1) that God does not exist and (2) that the only way to enjoy life, is to reject the God he believes in.

Go on, Ron Heather. May the Lord bless you for not being ashamed of Him when the World expected you to be.

Excuse me? What world do you live in.

1. It's not the system.. it's the people who paid for the ad.
2. It doesn't state or imply that is the only way to enjoy life.

Your belief that there is a unique "God's People" is abhorrent to humanity.

The only people who are Gods people are ALL HUMANS.

I'm not an Atheist, but I do believe that today's version of Christianity breeds way too much neuroses and psychoses due to the internal conflict created when those with control issues use it to enslave you instead of liberate you.

If faith is so strong.. why can't it stand up to an ad that says "There is Probably no God... go ahead and enjoy your life"?

I'm under the impression that Jesus himself would have no issues with this.

Render unto Ceaser what is Ceasers....

I mean.. if the guy wants to protest... why doesn't he just say "God Bless you" to everyone who gets on or off the bus?

[edit on 19-1-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Really I am not even that religious but if I saw that on a bus that I was supposed to drive...I would probably take pause too. I might even quit over it. There is nothing wrong with that. To the ones here that don't have any sort of spiritual or religious convictions here you might not get it. There are those of us though that beleive that what we do and stand for here has an impact on something much bigger...so you can get your ride from the next guy :-) No need to get your panties all in a wad

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

You said in your post, why doesnt the guy just say "god bless you" to people if he wants to protest. Maybe he doesn't want to offend, just because he was offended?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ryox82

You said in your post, why doesnt the guy just say "god bless you" to people if he wants to protest. Maybe he doesn't want to offend, just because he was offended?

Well I loved the video.. because there was a Minister in there saying "I don't see any harm in it... as long as it's legal and not inciting some sort of racial hate... seems quite appropriate to me"

Maybe some "practitioners" of faith should take a cue from the Ministers of the same faith.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I can see the logic there, people are just touchy these days lol. I never feel the need to lash out because someoen doesnt agree with my beleif, or non beleif. Some people just have an axe to grind.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by machinegun_go_goWhat in the hell has this man done to make you so violently ill? He's just a man with beliefs just like you have beliefs. Because you read this mans statement of his belief he is to be persecuted by you? He did not shove anything down your throat and say eat it. He simply stated his beliefs.
If you want to tempt an imaginary entity what does that prove? That it doesn't exist ?" Wow" how brave you are. And if this immature gesture proves you are right are we to believe you were right and we must believe what you believe? What is it that you want us to believe about you? Because if you have the answers to all the questions the human race ponders we are all ears and are ready for enlightenment.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join