It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fresh Clues of Iranian Nuclear Intrigue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
online.wsj.com...

Is the US building its case for attack by them or Isreal of Iran.

>>U.S. security and law-enforcement officials say they have fresh evidence of recent efforts by Iran to evade sanctions and acquire metals from China used in high-tech weaponry, including long-range nuclear missiles.

Iran's efforts are detailed in a series of recent emails and letters between Iranian companies and foreign suppliers seen by The Wall Street Journal. Business records show one Iranian company, ABAN Commercial & Industrial Ltd., has contracted through an intermediary for more than 30,000 kilograms (about 66,000 pounds) of tungsten copper -- which can be used in missile guidance systems -- from Advanced Technology & Materials Co. Ltd. of Beijing. One March 2008 email between the firms mentions shipping 215 ingots, with more planned.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
"The CuW75 tungsten copper alloy is used extensively in thermal mounting plates, chip carriers, flanges, and frames for high-power electronic devices. "

"The CuW75 materials can be also used in oil-filled devices, air and gas circuit breakers, contactors, and high voltage switch gear. Some common applications are:
arcing contacts and plates
arc runners
current carrying members
blade facings"

"WCu alloys are used worldwide for EDM (Electrical Discharge Machining) and ECM (Electrochemical Machining) electrodes"

From www.tungstenchina.com...

It has a lot of applications. It's used worlwide.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

oh dear, america is making up reasons to invade someone again.

tungsten copper can be used for all sorts of things, this reminds me of the alu tubes that Iraq brought 'for making nukes' which were cunningly sold as aircon ducts -guess where we found them? on a building pumping cool air around!

Why does america think it has the right to stop Iran buying Tungsten? oh rite-because they're crazy imperialists who think they have a god given right to rule the world,,,

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Ahh yes! This reminds me of Bush's excuse for invading Iraq. I wonder how many sheeple will fall for this crap a second time?

IRM

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
The people need to speak up. "If you invade and attack another country under the guise of "protecting our freedom" we WILL be forced to overthrow you"

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by NatureBoy

I guess we should feel privileged that they are at least trying to come up with an excuse not matter how feeble. This reminds of a dilemma that I had growing up. My parents taught me that it is my responsibility as the oldest to protect my little sister. I was not to allow anyone to hurt her. This seemed fair since she was small and it really did not put me in much danger because her only enemies would be other wee ones like herself so I just had to diffuse situations that got out of control. Knowing that she had protection however emboldened my sister and she was developing into quite the little bully. After numerous incidents of diffusing situations and stopping all out wars I realized that it had come time for my sister to learn the consequences of her actions. The next time my sister created a confrontation I let her fight her own battle. I will admit that it was a very difficult thing to watch and I would not have let it get too far out of hand but she stopped being a bully. I am not going to say that she never got into a fight or again or that I did not have to rescue her but she stopped being the aggressor. Unfortunately she had to take a few lumps for her actions in the past but I guess that is what you would call penance.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
If the US or Israel attacks Iran, well lets just say this, . for the hills! Then again the world community seems to have no way of controlling the good old US of A nor the thugs of Israel. If the American people go for this......we are no longer worth a thing. Democracy is a joke. We have now ruined our reputation with the Iraq debacle, sit quietly and watch IDF slaughter innocents, and are going broke. Sure, lets start another pointless war.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
It looks like our government is now going to force us into another war that we don’t want. It would be nice if we could just stand back and say “You got yourself into this mess, you get yourself out.” Unfortunately the collateral damage would be too great. We have to find a way to just say no to our government in a way that they actually hear us before they start this mess. I fear that there will be nothing to salvage if we allow them to continue on this path. Maybe that is the end plan. They have taken all the money so they throw us into a state of confusion with war. They then allow our so called enemies to come in and take their reward. In a war does not the victor get the spoils? They can’t pay back all the money that they owe and they can’t just hand the US over to them so they make a charade of a war, lose and the victor gets to claim their portion of our country. I know it sounds weird and really farfetched but so does everything else that we have been hearing. This country is in a mess and nothing about how we got here makes sense outside of the fact that we have a corrupt government that tells us to our face that they do not care about what we think. They didn’t have to throw the “think” part in, it goes with the rest of the sentiment. They don’t care about us.

new topics

top topics

join