It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama's 'job' eliminated

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
This is a conspiracy board.

That doesn't miraculously turn your speculations into facts.

The fact is that there is no indication that this was a "pay for play" situation. How can it be if the hospital didn't get "paid"?

FACT - the position was created just for her when her hubby became senator.

Not true. He became State Senator in 1996. She was hired in 2002, a short EIGHT YEARS later. Barack became US Senator in 2004 AFTER Michelle had been at the hospital for 2 years...

FACT - her salary instantly more than doubled to over $300,000 per year.

She was hired as the executive director of community affairs. When she was PROMOTED to a vice presidential position, her salary was increased. It happens.

FACT - he attempted to get million dollar earmark for when she worked.

Yes, he asked for money for MANY hospitals and other causes. He didn't get the money for her hospital, though. So much for "pay to play".

FACT - the very little bit of impact she had on the hospital resulted in complaints from the poor people in the area.

I will take the word of the man who hired her over yours and your blogs'.

In her hospital role, "What she helped us do was bring together sort of a strategy," Riordan says. Her approach, he adds, was to "have an asset-based view of the community. Go in. See what they're strong at and then build on from that.'"

Obama collaborated with churches and community groups. She recruited volunteers, increased staff diversity and worked with clinics and physicians to provide primary care to low-income patients who would otherwise use the emergency room.
"If you want good people to solve difficult issues, I think the market sort of sets what's the price that we have to pay to attract and keep those people," Riordan says.

Source

FACT - as soon as hubby gets the POTUS job and Michelle isn't coming back - the position that was created just for her vanishes. The 'duties' are easily absorbed by another person , with another job, working in the hospital.

That also happens. She's going to be first lady. She moved out of state. Of course she's going to give up her job. And someone else took over her duties. Since none of your other speculations are true, this means nothing by itself.

But you go after her all you want. Something tells me she can take it.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Additionally:

A tax return for the hospitals covering the 12 months ended June 30, 2005,shows most of the organization’s vice presidents earning between $291,000 and$362,000.
Easton said the hospitals’ management had discussed a promotion to vice president with Obama previously but that she had been reluctant to undertake the commitment until her husband’s Senate campaign was finished. In part, she wanted to wait until her family had made a decision on whether to maintain their primary residence in Illinois, which they did, and she had a better sense of the demands on her time as a senator’s wife, he said.

At the time Obama was promoted to vice president, Easton added, she also had “at least one other, more lucrative offer” from a potential employer, though he declined to identify the competing organization.

Source

MBF

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Michelle Obama's PAY FOR PLAY position is eliminated. It's typical Chicago-style corruption poltiics position is no longer needed by either party.

This is nothing but a pure obamanation.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
That doesn't miraculously turn your speculations into facts.

Educated conclusions based upon facts. There are enough facts to be able to connect the dots with. And that's something this board does. UFOs ... metaphysical information ... government conspiracies ...

no indication that this was a "pay for play" situation. How can it be if the hospital didn't get "paid"?

Like I said - it wasn't for a lack of trying on Obama's part.

Barack became US Senator in 2004 AFTER Michelle had been at the hospital for 2 years...

Trying to spin away the point ... As soon as Obama was elected US senator her salary amazingly and suddenly more than doubled.

Michelle Obama Salary History

In 2002, Michelle Obama was hired by the University of Chicago Hospital as its "Executive Director for Community Affairs" at a salary of approximately $120,000.

In January of 2005, Barack Obama was sworn in as a United States Senator.

In March of 2005, Michelle Obama was promoted to "Vice President for Community and External Affairs" and her salary bumped nearly $200,000 (from $121,910 to $316,962). This position was "newly created" for Mrs. Obama.

I will take the word of the man who hired her over yours and your blogs'.

Riiiiiiight. The fella who is up to his eyeballs in this is really going to admit to the real reason they created a position for Michelle and then just let the 'duties' be absorbed by another person when she left.

BTW - That was the Chicago Sun Times quoting from an Alderman in the area. And you have no right to complain about facts in blogs being used since YOU POST LINKS TO BLOGS when it suits your agenda. Hypocrisy.

“I’ve heard complaints from a handful of constituents, but I’ve also had calls from people in the health care profession complaining,” said Ald. Toni Preckwinkle, whose 4th Ward is just north of the hospital. “The medical professionals who have come to me are accusing the university of dumping patients on its neighboring institutions. … Whether it’s being implemented in the way that’s in the best interest of the patient, I can’t tell you.”

Since none of your other speculations are true,

Educated conclusions based upon facts. And frankly, it's very easy to connect the dots on this one. All it takes is clear vision and a healthy dose of reality.

But you go after her all you want.

Gosh golly geee ... thanks for your permission.

FACTS- 2 months after becoming US Senator, Obamas wife suddenly gets a salary bump of $200,000. The very little she does in the job results in complaints. She leaves shortly after receiving the position. The position disappears.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Like I said - it wasn't for a lack of trying on Obama's part.

Asking for something is the same as getting it, in your mind, then? Because you can't "pay for play" without the pay!
That's like saying because the child asked for a cookie that he stole it. That's twisted, dude!

And add to it the fact that he asked for it a full 6 months after she got the promotion and he didn't get it and she still kept her job for another 3 years... It just doesn't make sense rationally. But it can be spun to look like an impropriety, like I said. Almost anything can...

As soon as Obama was elected US senator her salary amazingly and suddenly more than doubled.

She was offered the job BEFORE he became Senator. She only accepted it after he became Senator and they knew what their future held.

And you have no right to complain about facts in blogs being used since YOU POST LINKS TO BLOGS when it suits your agenda.

Show me where I've used blogs to prove something or as a news source. And I have as much right to complain as anyone else. Lord knows there's so much complaining and whining and crying going on around here that I hardly need to.

I know you're not going to be convinced, and I really don't care what you think. You have your agenda. But I felt obligated to put ALL the facts out there so others can do their own research and make up their own minds.

You simply can't "pay for play" without the "pay".

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

You simply can't "pay for play" without the "pay".

Yes you can. You play with expectation of pay. The pay was attempted.
Pay for play. It's all there. More Chicago style politics as usual.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Yes you can. You play with expectation of pay.

So, you're saying the hospital (not Michelle) "played" with the expectation of "pay"...

You simply can't "Pay to Play" without the "pay".

Pay to Play, sometimes pay for play, is a phrase which has been used for a variety of situations in which money is exchanged for services or the privilege to engage (play) in certain activities.

Show me where I've used blogs to prove something or as a news source.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

the hospital (not Michelle) "played" with the expectation of "pay"...

The hospital played by giving her the job - expecting pay.
Michelle got paid for being Mrs. Senator with the made up job.
She was, at the very least, a willing political tool.
Obama was expected to pay with earmarks, etc.
He failed to come through with them - but not a lack of trying.

The fact that she barely showed up for the 'job' and that it blew away and isn't missed when she gave it up shows it wasn't necessary in the first place. It was a pay-for-play political position. Nothing more. COMMON SENSE.

Show me where I've used blogs to prove something or as a news source

I am NOT combing through your past six months of worn-out kneepad drivel in order to appease your demands. The fact is that you have used blogs with information in them. And frankly, there isn't anything wrong with using them if they have links with facts. What is wrong is denying that you have and whining when others do.

BTW ... back to overusing the BOLD keys again? Funny.

THE TOPIC IS - Michelle Obama's 'job' is eliminated. Stick to it.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

In her hospital role, "What she helped us do was bring together sort of a strategy," Riordan says. Her approach, he adds, was to "have an asset-based view of the community. Go in. See what they're strong at and then build on from that.'"

Obama collaborated with churches and community groups. She recruited volunteers, increased staff diversity and worked with clinics and physicians to provide primary care to low-income patients who would otherwise use the emergency room.
"If you want good people to solve difficult issues, I think the market sort of sets what's the price that we have to pay to attract and keep those people," Riordan says.

WTF? $300K for *that*?

"See what they're strong at and then build on from that.'"

Wow! How profound!

No wonder she failed her first attempt at the bar exam.

No wonder she is against standardized testing.

No wonder she has openly admitted "If my future were determined by my performance on a standardized test I wouldn't be here," she said. "I guarantee that."

You don't have to worry about pesky details like test scores to get into Princeton and Harvard if you're Shelly-girl.

Have a cigar, Michelle!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

So I guess the fact that a senator's wife had a position created for her, which doubled her salary, shortly after being elected (Note for the slower among us: he wasn't a FEDERAL senator when she was employed for over 2 years), isn't funny to you? And that shortly afterward that senator, whose wife got a newly-created, high-paying job asked the federal government to give our money to this very hospital? Even when (although you misinterpreted or tried to spin the facts) this "position" was doing fine when she was on leave, only to disappear after she left? Come on. Just because it's Obama doesn't mean that a politician's immediate family doesn't get special treatment.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
This thread is quite interesting! Does anyone think that her salary increases may have something to do with her being associated with the CFR?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join