It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am starting to dislike arrogant fox news watchers who think fox is fair and balanced.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I'm starting to see a growing number of people who believe that fox news is truly fair and balanced on the internet. I have seen quite a few of them here on ATS as a matter of fact. Whatever happened to denying ignorance? So what if they're right and the other media is left? The fact is that they claim to be fair and balanced and then they attack the left for everything and they make the GOP look really positive and good when they have issues of their own.

This is a place to deny ignorance. Not promote it! People need to stop spreading lies that news media isn't biased. There are only few news sources which I could consider to be objective news sources.

But seriously, people need to stop spreading lies. I can't believe that these people actually think that fox is fair and balanced.

I watched fox news before. I know the pull it has on people and how good of a job it can do to brainwash them. But, can you honestly say that fox news is fair and balanced? Can you honestly do that?

:shk:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Fairer than the rest of the media. Less censorship too.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Fox news is just as fair and balanced as the far left, liberal, democrat supporting gop hating news media.
Its just "fair and balanced" to the other extreme.

Just to be clear, I think both "sides" of the news are biased lying twits.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

That's why I listen to Lou Dobbs!

Lou Dobbs is truly fair and balanced. He is an independent and he attacks both parties fairly.

Why can't more people be like Lou?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Lou annoys the crap out of me.
Even more so because he's right so much.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
If you want accurate news about what is happening in the US, you have to find it in BBC. Fox new watchers hate the BBC because it usually portrays Americans as they really are. And MSM watchers hate the BBC because it portrays Americans as they really are.

There are plenty of news foreign outlets on the www. that don't have the bias of the MSM. And still have some integrity.

Fox news watchers watch fox because it supports their ideology not because of it's unbiased reporting. I watch fox because the women on fox wear short dresses and have big lips.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
I'm starting to see a growing number of people who believe that fox news is truly fair and balanced on the internet. .......

I watched fox news before.

OK so wait... you have watched Fox news "before" as in you don't watch it daily but feel the need to make comments on it's bias. Is your opinion of Fox based on web clips and Internet postings screaming bias? Seriously?

This is what I am starting to dislike..

ARROGANT FOX HATERS who constantly say FOX news is biased who do not really watch Fox news. They get their opinions from other blowhards on the net and out of context clippings. Guess what?.. what you see as "bias" the conservative side see's as "truth". You have an opinion, I have an opinion. Mine leans right, I assume yours leans left.

When I watch MSNBC (rarely but I do) I can CLEARLY see bias, but the difference between you (reactionary) and me (normal) is that I do not go around starting internet posts bashing your side for believing what you believe and calling you ignorant. Especially when I do not watch the object of my “anger” daily.

I realize that when I see bias on the other side, it is only bias to ME and not to them because that is how they think. I may disagree with the other side (a lot) but I do not assume everyone over there is lying because a lie is an outright false hood, not an opinion.

When MSNBC says freedom fighter and FOX says terrorists, they are playing to our individual beliefs and neither is subjectively wrong. But you can’t see past your own bias.. can you? You believe that only your side can possibly be right and everyone else is lying all the time? That is EXACTLY why a lot of us dislike you all, not for your political or social beliefs but for your arrogance and ignorance.

(notice I said "dislike", and not "hate", which is exclusive to YOUR side)

You don’t see how KO and the fun bunch at MSNBC s t r e t c h the truth from time to time to suit their political viewpoint? You can’t see that Katie Curic throws a softball to Biden but stabs Palin with a spike? You do not pick up on the misreporting (lies, errors) of MSNBC, CNN, NBC, CBS and ABC because no one cares enough to post the clippings on YouTube and scream about it on 10000 blithering blogs.

Wait.. what’s this I hear? Late 2008 and on to early 2009 and we have Democrats with scandals and corruption all around us? Tax Frauds, tax Cheats, payoffs, secret deals…

WHOA! I think we might have a “Culture of Corruption” on our hands right?

Nope.. no worries, it’s just the democrats being democrats and the media giving them a pass. I wonder what would happen if the GOP were strife with alleged criminals right now (like they conveniently seemed to be in the midst of the 2006 elections)?

Oh yea.. that’s right every news media outlet would be repeating this quote over and over:

Pelosi: “We must stop this Culture of Corruption on the republican party”
Reid: “We must stop this Culture of Corruption on the republican party”
[insert lame Democrat here]: “We must stop this Culture of Corruption on the republican party”

So why, with all the scandals and corrupt politicians on the democrats side right now do we not hear this quote:

"We must stop this Culture of Corruption on the Democratic party."

Don’t worry that was a rhetorical question, I am sure you have a half dozen excuses and “not as bad” in your rhetoric bag to bring out. But the answer is… the media doesn’t care about Democratic scandals.

How many of Obamas selections have “minor issues” (like tax fraud) being glazed over right now? What do you think would happen if McCain had been elected and put someone up for the Treasury with a history of not paying taxes (on time) and hiring illegal’s? I think perhaps, just maybe

THERE WOULD BE A RIDICULOUS UPROAR FROM THE LIBERAL LEFT.

Or perhaps I am being too hard?

So next time you get up on your ignorant bias pedestal, perhaps you might want to think for a second before you join the heard of stupids roaming the Internet.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by gormly

I'm starting to see a growing number of people who believe that fox news is truly fair and balanced on the internet. .......

I watched fox news before.

OK so wait... you have watched Fox news "before" as in you don't watch it daily but feel the need to make comments on it's bias. Is your opinion of Fox based on web clips and Internet postings screaming bias? Seriously?

No, I actually used to watch it quite a bit. I sometimes still watch it. I have a 24 hour Fox news channel which plays them all the time so I sometimes watch their analysis of things.

This is what I am starting to dislike..

ARROGANT FOX HATERS who constantly say FOX news is biased who do not really watch Fox news. They get their opinions from other blowhards on the net and out of context clippings. Guess what?.. what you see as "bias" the conservative side see's as "truth". You have an opinion, I have an opinion. Mine leans right, I assume yours leans left.

Actually, I notice bias in both the left and the right media. I bash Fox News for being bias because during the election season they had their fair and balanced logo played all the time and then they showed an interview with John McCain or Sarah Palin.

When I watch MSNBC (rarely but I do) I can CLEARLY see bias, but the difference between you (reactionary) and me (normal) is that I do not go around starting internet posts bashing your side for believing what you believe and calling you ignorant. Especially when I do not watch the object of my “anger” daily.

I think most people who watch NBC (myself included) admit that they're biased. I like getting news from all kinds of places. It just seems that fox news is the most biased news source out of all of the ones I see and that when I read Fox News I can clearly tell when they're attacking someone because of their ideology and with other sources it's harder to tell.

I realize that when I see bias on the other side, it is only bias to ME and not to them because that is how they think. I may disagree with the other side (a lot) but I do not assume everyone over there is lying because a lie is an outright false hood, not an opinion.

I believe it is possible to be objective. I am a liberal and a registered Democrat but I do not blindly believe that the Democratic party is the best way nor do I believe the Republican party is the best way. It is possible to be objective. But Fox News seems to make news more like entertainment than actual news.

When MSNBC says freedom fighter and FOX says terrorists, they are playing to our individual beliefs and neither is subjectively wrong. But you can’t see past your own bias.. can you? You believe that only your side can possibly be right and everyone else is lying all the time? That is EXACTLY why a lot of us dislike you all, not for your political or social beliefs but for your arrogance and ignorance.

No that's not true. I think they're terrorists one in the same. I also haven't seen NBC call terrorists freedom fighter like you're suggesting they do.

(notice I said "dislike", and not "hate", which is exclusive to YOUR side)

You're accusing me of being an NBC addict. Thanks. I don't watch anyone on NBC except for Rachel Maddow and I know she's biased but I also listen to Lou Dobbs who is an independent who bashes the Democratic party and the Republican party at the same time so I feel i get all sides. I don't have a particular side.

You don’t see how KO and the fun bunch at MSNBC s t r e t c h the truth from time to time to suit their political viewpoint? You can’t see that Katie Curic throws a softball to Biden but stabs Palin with a spike? You do not pick up on the misreporting (lies, errors) of MSNBC, CNN, NBC, CBS and ABC because no one cares enough to post the clippings on YouTube and scream about it on 10000 blithering blogs.

I don't watch any of those people. I know that reporters like to spin things in a certain way. Usually if I come across an article which I think has a left or right bias I'll check for other articles like it on the web to make sure that it's correct.

Wait.. what’s this I hear? Late 2008 and on to early 2009 and we have Democrats with scandals and corruption all around us? Tax Frauds, tax Cheats, payoffs, secret deals…

There are a few bad apples in our party just like there are a few bad apples in the Republican party. However, they are not representative of the whole party, like George W Bush is not representative of the Republican party.

WHOA! I think we might have a “Culture of Corruption” on our hands right?

Washington has always been a culture of corruption. Aren't you glad we're getting all of this out of the way before Obama becomes President and not after though?

Nope.. no worries, it’s just the democrats being democrats and the media giving them a pass. I wonder what would happen if the GOP were strife with alleged criminals right now (like they conveniently seemed to be in the midst of the 2006 elections)?

I don't pay attention to anyone in the media that gives anyone in the Government a free pass. Even Rachel Maddow got angry at Obama's decisions. Lou Dobbs criticizes anyone who he feels like all the time and I like what he has to say.

Oh yea.. that’s right every news media outlet would be repeating this quote over and over:

Are you okay?

Pelosi: “We must stop this Culture of Corruption on the republican party”
Reid: “We must stop this Culture of Corruption on the republican party”
[insert lame Democrat here]: “We must stop this Culture of Corruption on the republican party”

Okay?

So why, with all the scandals and corrupt politicians on the democrats side right now do we not hear this quote:

And your point is?

"We must stop this Culture of Corruption on the Democratic party."

Don’t worry that was a rhetorical question, I am sure you have a half dozen excuses and “not as bad” in your rhetoric bag to bring out. But the answer is… the media doesn’t care about Democratic scandals.

Actually, maybe you haven't been paying attention to the media, but the media I pay attention to is following these scandals pretty closely. I think this idea that you have of the media not following what's going on is just a myth.

How many of Obamas selections have “minor issues” (like tax fraud) being glazed over right now? What do you think would happen if McCain had been elected and put someone up for the Treasury with a history of not paying taxes (on time) and hiring illegal’s? I think perhaps, just maybe

People have other things they should be worried about. That is not our most important concern right now.

THERE WOULD BE A RIDICULOUS UPROAR FROM THE LIBERAL LEFT.

Or perhaps I am being too hard?

There are people in the media criticizing it.

So next time you get up on your ignorant bias pedestal, perhaps you might want to think for a second before you join the heard of stupids roaming the Internet.

Oh I have ignorant bias now?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I'm starting to see a growing number of people who believe that fox news is truly fair and balanced on the internet.

And there are about a million times more who disagree.

Boo-hoo.

The fact is that they claim to be fair and balanced and then they attack the left for everything and they make the GOP look really positive and good when they have issues of their own.

And this is in any way different from what the other major liberal media outlets do?

Please. You only have a grip against FOX because they have opinions that differ from yours.

There are only few news sources which I could consider to be objective news sources.

Objectivity is subjective itself.

But seriously, people need to stop spreading lies. I can't believe that these people actually think that fox is fair and balanced.

I can't believe so many people get so upset over a news channel that they are convinced is evil and wrong.

I know the pull it has on people and how good of a job it can do to brainwash them.

Yeah. And CNN and MSNBC don't have the masses brainwashed? Please my friend.

As you said, deny ignorance, don't embrace it.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

I'm starting to see a growing number of people who believe that fox news is truly fair and balanced on the internet.

And there are about a million times more who disagree.

Boo-hoo.

Yes there are.

The fact is that they claim to be fair and balanced and then they attack the left for everything and they make the GOP look really positive and good when they have issues of their own.

And this is in any way different from what the other major liberal media outlets do?

Please. You only have a grip against FOX because they have opinions that differ from yours.
Uh, I don't like to classify myself as a liberal or conservative. I view myself as an American and think about what I think is the best interests for the nation. I only have a grip against Fox news because of the way they spin the Democratic party... I wouldn't mind it if they didn't say they were fair and balanced but due to the fact that they say they're fair and balanced I'm calling them out.

There are only few news sources which I could consider to be objective news sources.

Objectivity is subjective itself.
Only to a certain extent, but, it actually is possible to be objective. The thing is that because of new journalism more journalists these days are showing biased which and as a result people think that there is no way that you can be anything other than liberal or conservative. It is possible to be somewhat objective. Quite frankly, Fox has none of it. It's obvious if you watch it.

I can't believe so many people get so upset over a news channel that they are convinced is evil and wrong.
I never said it is evil. I just said it was biased. Dude, you're the one that needs to get a grip.

I know the pull it has on people and how good of a job it can do to brainwash them.

Yeah. And CNN and MSNBC don't have the masses brainwashed? Please my friend.

As you said, deny ignorance, don't embrace it.
Who's to say the masses are brainwashed? I don't know about the masses. I think it's okay to watch the shows if you know they're biased. CNN is Democratically biased and so is NBC. Fox news however doesn't openly admit that they're biased. They still like to say they're fair and balanced to get more ratings.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
It's scary, disturbing, crazy... how many people in the states watch the MSM and take it as gospel! All of them use NLP, you think they got where they are with out it?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
If you want accurate news about what is happening in the US, you have to find it in BBC.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by whaaa]

Hah! The BBC is a bunch of fruit loops too.

It pains me to admit it but they are closer to being real news for the US than any US news agency.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
If you want accurate news about what is happening in the US, you have to find it in BBC. Fox new watchers hate the BBC because it usually portrays Americans as they really are. And MSM watchers hate the BBC because it portrays Americans as they really are.

Ah, you beat me to it. I was just going to suggest the BBC as well. Not only do they have good news casts (IMO), they tell it it like it is. They show how we americans are viewed in the eyes of other countries.

top topics

join