Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

I cant beleive this website....

page: 1

join

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Has anyone ever seen those commercials on t.v where one teenager is contemplating whether to talk to one of their troubled friends about drugs???....at the end they post a cliche one the screen that states something like "courage: the anti-drug". And also at the bottom is a website for more info.

THe webite, www.freevibe.com, talks about different drugs and the "lowdown" on these drugs.

I am very pissed off rather at some of the things that were mentioned on the site. I hate it when ppl have misconceptions crammed into their minds by popular belief. Just because the media tells you that a certain drug is bad for you, doesnt mean u should beleive everything they say about it. THe site gives several facts about pot that are simply ridiculous and outragious.

smoking marijuana produces "intense hunger".
Oh ya like i am #ing gonna starve of death!!!...

It also states that by buying marijuana u are supporting the depletion of the national because grower chop it down to grow feilds of this stuff.....#ING horse#....

In addition, they say that "They can also get the munchies when they're high-and it's not exactly health food they binge on. They don't call that tire-shaped ring of flab around the middle of a pothead the "stoner's spare" for nothing. "....wat is wrong with these ppl.

Also...

"More kids are hurt in car crashes and are victims ofviolence when they use marijuana than when they are straight.".....

I find this very hard to beleive. How can u say that potheads are more violent. Any one who has smoked will tell you that weed makes you relaxed and mellow....LIKE come on ppl...doesnt any body agree this website is worthlessly put up to scare ppl even more.

It sponsored by ppl like jennifer love hewwit..and a bunch of justin timberlake wannabies...I mean what a sham...

Take alook around the site and see for self and see if u agree.

Also look at the section with scenario's, where you choose if "jed" should smoke a joint or flush it down the toilet. I hope u choose smoke the joint, because then you will realize that its a good idea to join "rehab", as the site suggests, because its your first time...

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Well... It is bad for you. Your chances of killing somone in a car crash grealty increase if your high. You support murdering thieves, bangers, and drug dealers that in turn kill people , rob and polute the earth with their other drugs. I respectfully don't see your point? Ok so some of the statments are screwy big deal.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 04:54 AM
link   
With the greatest of respect, you do your cause no favors. If I was one of them, I'd point out that your spelling and grammar is awful and blame it on the pot.

In places, I can't even make out what you are trying to say. It really doesn't add up to a considered argument, it's more of a rant *looks at forum name* which is absolutely fine.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I agree with you...most studies that say things about marijuana leading to cancer, or taking away from your motivation are from studies done in the 60s-70s anti-marijuana campaign, that lack any real proof...anyway, here are some parts I found interesting.

"It can also be much worse for your respiratory health than smoking cigarettes; the amount of tar, carbon monoxide, and cancer-causing chemicals inhaled in marijuana smoke are three to five times greater than that inhaled from the same amount of tobacco smoke."

Actually, scientists are unsure of what it is in tobacco smoke that causes cancer, (although breathing any kind of smoking too much creates many lesions in your lungs that can become cancerous), but it is thought that a certain ingredient in cigarettes could be the cause, and that same ingredient is very low in marijuana smoke. Also, no lung cancer has ever been linked to strictly marijuana smoking. Not to mention, most smokers "chain smoke", meaning they smoke a few whole cigarettes a day, or a pack, and most marijuana smokers will just take several hits and be done (unless they smoke all day long, of course this is bad for your lungs). Cigarettes also use tobacco that has been sprayed down with all sorts of chemicals that are bad for one's health.

"It's important also to remember that marijuana is an addictive drug, responsible for about 60% of all the teenagers who seek admission to drug treatment centers in the U.S. Smoking marijuana leads to some changes in the brain similar to those caused by coc aine, heroin and alcohol. (Di Chiara's study-in NIDA information). Research at the University of Columbia demonstrates that people who regularly smoke marijuana experience withdrawal symptoms after they stop using it."

Marijuana is actually NOT physically addictive, meaning your body will not physically need or crave it when you stop...mentally it can be addictive, as anything can. If I really really love cheese pizza, I will mentally be addicted to it similarly to marijuana, and it could be bad for me to keep eating it, but should we make that illegal? And most people going to treatment centers for marijuana are there because they were forced to go, if they were caught with a joint or some paraphernalia...many people are busted simply for weed and forced into these centers. Now, we all know that alcohol and tobbaco are physically addictive, and that it is very hard for daily smokers or alcoholics to quit...and marijuana is not physically addictive, so why aren't the first two illegal?

"Pot makes people more likely to do things they might regret later on. More kids are hurt in car crashes and are victims of violence when they use marijuana than when they are straight. In addition, pot reduces coordination and concentration. It's harder to do things--like sports, dancing, acting, and studying. "

First of all, saying that Pot makes people do things they might regret is based on no facts, as it is a completely subjective statement...and no # marijuana reduces coordination and concentration in SOME users, but it is FAR FAR less than what alcohol does to people, and yet alcohol is legal. I think almost everyone could drive, do sports, or study better high than when drunk.

And once again, just look at the facts...alcohol is the number two reason for teen deaths, it is the main reason for car accidents, and kills millions a year. Tobacco is the number one cause of lung cancer which kills millions a year. But, marijuana has never been documented as a contributing cause of death EVER. No deaths related to marijuana that we know of, and it is physically impossible to OD on it like alcohol.

I am not advocating any drugs, and I try not to do any drugs myself and hardly ever have, but if I were going to pick one drug, being health-conscious, it would be Marijuana. But this is just my opinion.

[Edited on 10-4-2004 by Shoktek]

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Well, for starters, I'm think we're never gonna see 'fighter' underneath your name on ATS, LuDaChRis.
That was a very, very shabby arguement, I wouldn't even call it a rant.
However I can agree that the website that you have desisded to ramble on about in disgust is poorly put together, and an air-head like Jennifer-Love-Hewitt will have probably just been told it's good PR to be 'helping the kids'.

As for the medical side of it, I think Shoktek summed it up perfectly (if not a little bias; however he's hit the nail on the head) I've never taken any drug personally, but I don't smoke and rarely drink either. I agree that it's pretty stupid that smoking and drinking is legal whereas smoking marijuana isn't, although the rules are very loose in Britain now, compared to alot of America I believe.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
P.S-
I haven't got my contact lenses in, so excuse the bad typing.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyCool21
...although the rules are very loose in Britain now, compared to alot of America I believe.

Indeed, you can no longer be arrested for personal amounts in the UK. You can be fined, and repeat offenders/dealers can still go to jail.

PS, Zep rule.

[Edited on 10-4-2004 by Zzub]

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
lol, the scenarios on that website are funny as hell...especially the way it portrays teenagers. Everytime you choose to do a drug, you automatically get busted lmao...

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I especially liked the part about how Cocaine is destroying the rainforest. How about Clinton's Plan Columbia where Monsanto was hired to dump incredible amounts of a Roundup substitute, not even legal in the USA, over thousands of acres of rainforest?

Don't you think dumping a herbacide on the rainforest is a little worse than someone growing coca beside a tree? Cocaleros use the rainforest for cover so that their operations go unnoticed. What's interesting is that in areas of Ecuador where no one is growing Coca, you'll find Plan Columbia planes dumping herbacides on suspected oil deposits frequently "by accident."

This site is a load of B.S. propaganda. Don't take a word of it seriously without using your own insight to see through this crap. The Drug War is destroying the rainforest, not cocaleros.

*BTW, Mods don't you think this should be in Website Related Discussion? Not to be an ass but it is conspiracy (propaganda) related.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek
lol, the scenarios on that website are funny as hell...especially the way it portrays teenagers. Everytime you choose to do a drug, you automatically get busted lmao...

I couldnt stop laughing either!!....like when the parents came home, and then all the sudden, in this other scenario, the cops showed up right after a couple of ppl lit up a joint in someones house!!!....

With the greatest of respect, you do your cause no favors. If I was one of them, I'd point out that your spelling and grammar is awful and blame it on the pot.

I dont understand how ur in any position to say this. "if i was one of them", well ur not, so dont go around and telling me my grammar sucks cuz i smoke too much, with all due repsect

This site is a load of B.S. propaganda. Don't take a word of it seriously without using your own insight to see through this crap. The Drug War is destroying the rainforest, not cocaleros.

*BTW, Mods don't you think this should be in Website Related Discussion? Not to be an (c) but it is conspiracy (propaganda) related.

Thank u for agreeing and its totally outrageuos that they are stating "rainforests are being destroyed by marijuana growers"...i cant beleive that!!!....

Also, i have no clue why this post was moved to "rant" from the "website related" forum....i think it should be moved back...

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I'm not sure you understood me. THEM was in referrence to the people on the website you hate so much.

What I was saying was that the people on the website you posted would point your poor grammar out to you and blame it on the pot.

It's obvious you didn't even understand what I was saying.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Well maybe i can add some insite into this as i have been a witness to a family member on drugs and the smoke weed regulary. It has lead onto more drugs and if you start on weed you are more likely to go onto other drugs. Also all the things you are critising are true . the violence one is a bit misplaced as they dont seem to get violent when on the drugs but when they are of them. Hope i helped.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzpatrick
Well maybe i can add some insite into this as i have been a witness to a family member on drugs and the smoke weed regulary. It has lead onto more drugs and if you start on weed you are more likely to go onto other drugs. Also all the things you are critising are true . the violence one is a bit misplaced as they dont seem to get violent when on the drugs but when they are of them. Hope i helped.

These are just "stereotypes"...it might happen in many drug users, but definetly not all...there are many people who use every once in a while and can quit any time they want. Also, alcohol is the drug that makes people most violent..

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LuDaCrIs
I am very pissed off rather at some of the things that were mentioned on the site. I hate it when ppl have misconceptions crammed into their minds by popular belief. Just because the media tells you that a certain drug is bad for you, doesnt mean u should beleive everything they say about it. THe site gives several facts about pot that are simply ridiculous and outragious.

smoking marijuana produces "intense hunger".

Also...

"More kids are hurt in car crashes and are victims ofviolence when they use marijuana than when they are straight.".....

I find this very hard to beleive. How can u say that potheads are more violent. Any one who has smoked will tell you that weed makes you relaxed and mellow....

:shk::shk::shk::shk::shk::shk::shk::shk::shk::shk:

This is almost as exciting as the "pro-gay marriage threads"

How can they say potheads are violent..............hmmm

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzpatrick

Just because you smoke weed does not mean you have to move on to other things. People who are willing to smoke weed are just more willing to try other things too. I'm surprised so many people miss this very obvious explanation.

A lot of people don't try weed first. I went from alcohol to meth to weed. Weed is no gateway drug, that was an invented term.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I dident say that it always is the gateway drug but that it was in this circumstance.

I personally wouldent use weed.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Let me fill you guys in on a little secret. All (street) drugs, including alcohol, are used to adhance or change a "mood". People who use any of these things on a daily basis or lets say a "regular" basis are more prone to experiment with other drugs. I do believe weed is a gateway drug because most people start off with it. Some people never move on from it. Some of us have addictive personalities and some of us don't. I think the author of this thread is trying to point out that some anti-drug websites are a joke. I'm sure some of them are but the fact remains that we need to educate our youth about the dangers and that is NO JOKE.

top topics

join