It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman goes on-line - while asleep

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Doctors have reported the first ever case of someone using the internet while asleep, after a sleeping woman sent emails to people asking them over for drinks and caviar.

It was only when a would-be guest phoned the next day to accept, that she found out what she had done.

The 44-year-old woman, whose case is reported by researchers from the University of Toledo in the latest edition of medical journal Sleep Medicine, had gone to bed at around 10pm, but got up two hours later and walked to the next room.

She then turned on the computer, connected to the internet, and logged on by typing her username and password to her email account. She then composed and sent three emails.

Each was in a random mix of upper and lower cases, not well formatted and written in strange language.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

This has got to be one of the strangest stories ive ever heard. At least it explains some of my posts here on ATS (and im betting im not the only one lol)

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
And I thought I was bad at being online for a long time and at all hours...like now...almost 3:30am!!! When I should be asleep...yes I know that I am awake at the moment....

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Grock

"Each was in a random mix of upper and lower cases, not well formatted and written in strange language. "

haha i know her she posts on ATS about lizard demons and angel control grids!

maybe this is why so many of the people on the internet seem so... er.... detached from the sensible realm and barely literate.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
sounds like ambien @ work again.

better than shoplifting and sleep sex, anyway you slice it.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I've had a few missing time events in my life, but not sleep walking etc. I have a few times woke up, opened my eyes and saw what I was still dreaming or of some type of vision. When I was a kid, a few times it was a dream and nightmare about falling off of a cliff with my dog.

I woke up and between the bed she was looking up at me, when I reached down to touch her, she would disappear. There was also a time I woke up and she was actually sitting there looking up at me. This was usually during her false pregnancy and she was acting goofy or schizo. So sad, she never did get to have puppies.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Im wondering - could this be more prevalent than we know? Meaning, are there more people out there like this and we are unaware?

MODS - remember that time i was penalized 1,000 pts? I was sleep texting, honest, i swear lol

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Long Lance
sounds like ambien @ work again.

better than shoplifting and sleep sex, anyway you slice it.

And sir I dare ask you, what is wrong with sleep sex???

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by rangersdad

that should be obvious...

you wouldn't remember it, therefore it's worthless. btw, there's a thread on such bizarre activity under the influence of Ambien

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I guess people who sleepwalk tend to do things which they are already extremely familiar (walking, eating etc...) so i guess if shes an online addict, its only a matter of time.

top topics

join