It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rock stars and their alien encounters

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

Im curious, in what general region of the planet did this occur? I mean, dont tell us where you live if you dont want to but i'd like to know the general area - mainly because if the mothership(s) was dropping a large number of 'probes' or 'scouts' or 'seekers' (for lack of better words) then id also be interested in what they were doing and why - although i dont think that can be deduced with this info, it would give deeper insight into such. TY for your contribution

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
One person who did see some is Connie Mitchell, lead singer with Sneaky Sound System, a brilliant new dance-pop outfit who have already taken their native Australia by storm, and are now set to unleash their Scissor Sisters-meets-Basement Jaxx sound on us. We know this because Sneaky Sound System’s new single (out November 17) is called UFO, and the chorus goes like this: “I saw a UFO but nobody believes me.” It’s a true story, except for the fact that, having had a good long chat with Mitchell and her bandmate Angus McDonald, I think I do believe her. (Of course, it’s possible that I have been influenced by the big keyboard riff, the squishy synths and the sing-along chorus of the track, not to mention Mitchell’s artfully measured vocal performance.)

Here’s Mitchell’s account of her encounter: “I was putting the washing out on the line, putting my underwear out to dry, which should only take five minutes, right? I remember looking at my watch, because I took it off before I put my hand in the washing machine to take the wet clothes out. When I came back in, people said, ‘Where have you been?’ I didn’t understand what was going on till I saw the time. It was 45 minutes later. That’s a long time to be hanging out underwear.

“I tried to remember what had happened and gradually it came back to me. I had seen two lights in the sky, and then each light split into three, and then went like that and like that and like that.” Mitchell draws fast, jerky, triangular movements in the air.

This seems like the end of the anecdote, but Mitchell is looking at McDonald with a “Should I? Shouldn’t I?” expression. “Angus doesn’t want me to talk about the rest because he thinks it makes me sound like a crackpot,” she says. “No, no, I like you talking about it,” McDonald disagrees. “I think it’s fascinating.”

:-)

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Lets see, I know of "Space Monkey" by Placebo and "Spaceman" by the Killers.

I honestly couldn't tell you what "Space Monkey" is about, and "Spaceman" is about an alien abduction.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Im just surprised by the names on this list, and this list is not by all means complete:

Elton John
Alice Cooper
Roger McGuinn
Ben Harper
Grateful Dead
Elvis Presley
John Lennon
Mick Jagger
Jimi Hendrix
Beatles
Moody Blues
Jamiroquai