It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rock stars and their alien encounters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   

There is, as David Bowie once noted, a starman waiting in the sky. He’d like to come and meet us but he thinks he’d — to use Earth vernacular — “blow our minds”. So, what he does, it turns out, is make his presence known only to the most open-minded, space-attuned, alien-friendly creatures on the planet: rock stars.

You could certainly be forgiven for thinking so, anyway. First of all, just about every songwriter of note has written at least one song about the final frontier. Space is, after all, the perfect metaphor for . . . well . . . just about anything you’d like it to be. For Elton John in Rocket Man, space provided the perfect metaphor for (in those days) closet homosexuality: “I’m not the man they think I am at home. Oh no, no, no.” For Bowie, it served as the perfect metaphor for alienation, drug addiction and fear of madness, from Space Oddity (the chilling “your circuit’s dead, there’s something wrong”) through to Ashes to Ashes (the terrifying “the shrieking of nothing is killing”).

The planet Mars has been another all-purpose symbol, either standing for remote desolation (“might as well be on Mars”, sang Alice Cooper); or a place where human beings could start out all over again and maybe make a better job of it this time. The former Byrd Roger McGuinn, modern-day bluesman Ben Harper and the Grateful Dead have all released albums ostensibly “from” Mars — wish fulfilment, presumably — although, admittedly, the Dead’s From the Mars Hotel’s chief claim to fame these days is that if you held it up to a mirror, the cover graphic seemed to spell out “Ugly Rumours”, the name of the rock band that Tony Blair used to play in. (Although to be fair to Blair, it should be pointed out that he wasn’t the greatest Grateful Dead fan in the band; that was bandmate Mark Ellen, now editor of The Word magazine.)

entertainment.timesonline.co.uk...

It would seem that there are more people in positions of 'stature' who have had encounters, than most of us realize.

Elvis? Beatles? Rolling Stones? Ben Harper? Elton John? Thats quite a list and thats barely the surface of that list.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16/1/2009 by Sauron]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Grock

I had to give you a star on this. Thank you for giving me something to geek on the next few hours... i always wondered if anyone had compiled a list like this!

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Interesting, but the amount of drug use in the industry can certainly shoot down rockers' testimony...don't you think? Even some of the more "wholesome" acts had some history with drug use, for the most part...and such sightings could easily be dismissed without some further witnesses or evidence....

Lennon had an extremely close encounter with an alien

More than that...he married one!

[edit on 16-1-2009 by Gazrok]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Dave Grohl, lead singer and guitarist for the band Foo Fighters, is an "alien activist" if you will. Grohl created Foo Fighters after the seperation his previous band. Foo Fighter is a term used by WWII pilots to describe a UFO. Here's an interview with Grohl and his band on the subject of UFOs.

In 18th century Europe, Romanticism emerged in opposition to the growing scientific rationalization of nature. IMO, UFOs appeal to this romantic aspect of humanity. Romantic ideals attempt to escape and break down the confines of common knowledge, similar to UFO disclosure.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by ListenD]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ListenD

Wow cool video, never seen that before. I knew the significance of the band's name, but never knew how they felt about the matter.

Oh and don't forget Muse. They say they aren't 'alien people' but just look at their song names and lyrics, they're all over it.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Wow, thank you for that. Very enlightening. Knowing of course what foo fighters are, i was unaware of the fact that they knew this as well. From Nirvana to Foo Fighters, it makes sense.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
robbie williams is yet another singer who has used Mars in his work, viva life on mars has use of words such as force, galaxy, also the falcon flies in two straight lines, red five standing by, it's not a moon it's a space station, so it seems it will carry on, double meaning lyrics i love them

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I`ve heard this argument time and time again,
sure the testimonies would be poo poo`d because
of the life style,but it doesn`t make the witness
any less credible because of the use of drugs.
I`ve never ever heard of anyone on a drugs
hallucinating UFO`s or having ET experiences,maybe
a shamistic or spiritual experience,but never one
involving this subject.I think it`s just another form
of denial or skepticism."Oh they were on drugs etc
etc..so they must have been seeing things etc etc"
Just my opinion though!
Edit:I`ve worked with hundreds maybe thousands
of musicians over the years having worked studio`s
and most of them are skeptical drinkers haha

[edit on 17-1-2009 by Elmer_Dinkley]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Every other song on Muse's "Knights of Cydonia" album are filled with UFO and alien refrences. Heres a fun line from Exo politics. When the Zetas fill the skys, will our leaders tell us why?

I built this website early last year and then pretty much didn't do anything with it Contact2012event

I figure that if nothing else happens on 2012, that perhaps we could stage a worldwide event along the lines of Live Aid/Earth/8, but this time geared toward bringing UFO contact into the public's perception.

Robbie William's could champion the idea, sort of a new younger, cleaner Bob Geldof.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I've always perceived a bit of merit in the allegations of the famous and rockstars. It's really a simple formula as to why I am inclined to believe what they have to say.

As Gazrok mentions, the extended substance abuse is definitely a factor that needs to be considered. But in the same breath, these are people that live off of image. Nowadays, regardless of how good your music is, without the right image you will never be given a chance. Years ago looks were not emphasized as much, but an image that went against the status quo was heavily resisted. The Beatles and their hair-cuts, as soon as John made his "bigger than Jesus"comment they burned their records. And even nowadays, Robbie Williams is being lambasted in the media for his beliefs on Aliens and UFO's.

So why do I believe them?

They are intentionally throwing their careers away, to a certain extent. We don't see organized burnings of music albums anymore, but you can see how the media collaborates to publicly disgrace people who go against the status quo.

People in these positions have nothing to gain, only everything to lose.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The recent Britney Spears fiasco was 'as-if' one of them trying to imitate her also. For all we know, many rock stars are visitors anyway.

I can't say for sure if they're mocking us and or joining us and just want to be like us and fitting in. The US and European stars are also apparent favorites copied in some form in other countries, so, why not visitors from another planet and system?

It's also been suggested that these 'watchers' actually created these stars and their music. I have my doubts with that though. So, yeah, Rock stars etc. may very well be aliens and or have been abducted by them. Most likely, also having childen with these visitors also.

Is missing time always attributed to drugs and alchohol? Seems like a popular excuse for disinformation. Next time you go to a concert, the person next to you just may be some screaming off world alien fan.

I would take a closer look at any rock stars claims of an abduction or UFO event and look for evidence. Some of our rock stars also seem more reptilian than human.
,,,,,, Is Robbie Williams an alien?,,,,,does he even know?,,,,,,

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

"Interesting, but the amount of drug use in the industry can certainly shoot down rockers' testimony...don't you think?"

I dunno.

I've used a ridiculous amount of drugs in my life and I have yet to see a UFO or even hallucinate...

I want to see a UFO - but drugs clearly are not the way to do so. If that were the case, I would have been seeing UFOs starting back in the 1960s...

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Grock

www.uforth.com...

I'm interested in the John Lennon UFO sighting....

Both John and his mistress May Pang saw it for up to 10 minutes...

It flew off into the distance but was REALLY close to them, May said they could've hit it with something, and it was supposedly a saucer or smashed cone shaped UFO, with a red light on it...

What I thought was interesting was May said there was a big red light on top of it, so when it flew into the distance it looked like an ordinary helicopter, it was perfectly disguised to blend in.

I saw 2 giant UFOs in 1995, they dropped smaller UFOs out the bottom...
and one of the small ones flew right over me... it's light changed from white to blinking red... it was too dark to see a shape, but 10 of these fell from the giant UFO, so I don't think it was an ordinary plane, but it was about the size of a small plane I would estimate, such would make the giant UFO impossibly too big to be anything you can find on google, but all of the smaller UFOs blended in and each flew a different direction.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by Razimus]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Cold Play use a lot of space based themes in their music.

Also Travis:

[edit on 18-1-2009 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

Sounds interesting. What did the mothership look like and it's colour? Noise? Day or night sighting?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
if any of you is into heavy stuff, i've got a good band for you to check out.

the band is called Hypocrisy, they're from sweden. they have alot of material related to the subject of this thread. in fact i would go as far to say they helped nudge my interest into the area of ufos and the like.

the first time i heard the rendlesham audio was on one of their albums, it gave me chills every time, and i didnt even know what it was about for some time.

also i did listen to them for awhile before i really caught on to much of the lyrics, and realized what they were talking about. but since i did eventually pick up on what they were saying, and simultaneously developed a rather intense interest in the topic, i've always been really curious about the band's, or at least the frontman (peter tagtgren) who writes the lyrics, real reasons for writing about this stuff. i wonder if he has had some experiences, or has known someone who has. or if its purely his version of sci-fi. anyway, i find it interesting, fiction or not.

anyway, like i said, if you're into metal, check them out, one of my top favorite bands, and not just because they sing about aliens, they sound great too. :p if you like that kinda stuff.

here are some of their album names:
the fourth dimension
maximum abduction
abducted
into the abyss
the arrival
virus

a few notable songs:
roswell 47
the arrival of the demons
abducted
a coming race
evil invaders
fire in the sky
slave to the parasite

etc.. you might notice, he does not like "them".

then of course we have the somewhat recent ideas trent reznor has been talking about in the last couple nine inch nails albums. there is an older thread somewhere here that i read through a bit recently, so i won't go into much detail here. just check out my avatar.

i have to say im alittle curious about what made reznor decide to start adding this kind of idea in to his lyrics, which have always generally been pretty personal to him.

just before or right around the release of the album year zero, reznor spoke how he decided to make it kind of a concept album (his first), and how he wanted to also express his feelings about the direction the u.s./world appeared to be going, and what things might be like 15 years or so into the future if things continued to go in the direction they appeared to be going.

part of the concept or story was something called "the presence". its hard to say if the presence is god or alien, but it warns us.

anyway, that album is probably my favorite of all time. the most recent album also talks about "lights in the sky".

im rambling now.... :p

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter
reply to post by Razimus

Sounds interesting. What did the mothership look like and it's colour? Noise? Day or night sighting?

It was night, sadly, I know night encounters are more common and have less credibility... since people mistake airplanes on a regular basis for ufos, but the 2 motherships I saw were no more than a few miles from my house, I know this because I basically drove around them...

They first appeared out of nowhere as bright white stars in the sky, one at a time, then the white randomly flashed and doubled in size, and sometimes 10x in size and back to normal size, but it changed from white, to yellow, to orange, to brown, then disappeared, no sound at all, couldn't see the shape as it was night but I did use binoculars and got a decent look, it appeared as if smaller ufos were flying around it or maybe those were the lights, but each independent mothership dropped 10 to 15 smaller ufos each.... I saw a similar video on Sightings, I will have to find it somewhere, I was younger at the time and it was the early 90s and didn't own a camera.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ListenD

In 18th century Europe, Romanticism emerged in opposition to the growing scientific rationalization of nature. IMO, UFOs appeal to this romantic aspect of humanity. Romantic ideals attempt to escape and break down the confines of common knowledge, similar to UFO disclosure.

This is interesting and I will have to think about it. Having seen things that could be this or that and not having an identification guide it's hard to know what to call something sometimes.

Originally posted by Elmer_Dinkley
reply to
post by Gazrok

I`ve never ever heard of anyone on a drugs
hallucinating UFO`s or having ET experiences,maybe
a shamistic or spiritual experience,but never one
involving this subject.

This is interesting as well. This is a VERY interesting observation to me for it would seem that in our hereditary unconscious mind we would have some memory of other beings and they would emerge as archtypical characters in our myths and legends. So where are the big headed dudes in our mythos?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Wait so because some musicians talk about aliens in their songs, that gives credibility to the existence of aliens .......what?????

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

Very interesting. I know where you're coming from on them starting off as almost stars, had very similar experience too. The smaller ufos, were they like spheres/orbs?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join