It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Issues I have with "Free Masonary" on this ATS website

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
What I don't get though is the following:

If the Free Mason Society is so secretive, why do have so many "Free Masons" blurting all kinds of info and how proud they are and their ranks etc etc.

With that thought in mind... I personally think the so called "Free Masons" on this ATS website is a bunch of posers looking for attention and "respect" and posting a load of disinformation.

OF all the documentaries and myths and whatnot's, they are supposed to be this Oh-So-Highly-Secretive-Never-Talk-About-Any-Of-It-EVER Organization that commands the utmost respect and loyalty to the society and you will be killed and your dog's ears cut of you speak about etc etc, yet all the "Free Masons" here, talk about it and parade it so proudly here.

Please explain?

[edit on 16/1/2009 by bskivss3]

[edit on 16/1/2009 by bskivss3]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
apparently they have meetings on the first and third tuesday of every month, or something like that, apparently you can visit their meetings and they have a website all about them and great stuff like that.

they're just a good bunch of people that like to stare at a wall and talk about something.... i mean i wonder if they drink some beer and talk about beavis and butthead at their meetings, that'd make them seem a little bit more normal in my eyes. a bunch of guys sitting around talking about........

what?

what the # do they talk about?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by bskivss3

Aah, a fellow South African! Why not visit one of the local lodges here and find out. After all, they're open to the public. If you like, you can U2U me and I'll put you in touch with the nearest lodge to you.

[edit on 16/1/2009 by Saurus]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
i mean i wonder if they drink some beer and talk about beavis and butthead at their meetings, that'd make them seem a little bit more normal in my eyes. a bunch of guys sitting around talking about........

That's about right!

At my last meeting, I spent most of the evening talking about flying jumbo jets (with a pilot) and bodybuilding.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by bskivss3
With that thought in mind... I personally think the so called "Free Masons" on this ATS website is a bunch of posers looking for attention and "respect" and posting a load of disinformation.

I'm sorry you'd think that the Masons here aren't actually Masons but if you go back and look at the responses from various and sundry 'Masons', you'll see that there's a remarkable uniformity in response to questions and assertions about Freemasonry for a gaggle of disconnected wannabes. That would suggest to me that the responders share a particular knowledge.

[snip]
OF all the documentaries and myths and whatnot's, they are supposed to be this Oh-So-Highly-Secretive-Never-Talk-About-Any-Of-It-EVER Organization that commands the utmost respect and loyalty to the society and you will be killed and your dog's ears cut of you speak about etc etc, yet all the "Free Masons" here, talk about it and parade it so proudly here.

Please explain?

I think the part of your post I highlighted goes to the heart of your quandary. The expectations created by the "documentaries and myths and whatnot's" can't possibly be met by reality. Freemasonry isn't a secret society; it's a society with secrets. Who'd heard of Skull and Bones before the 2004 U.S. election? Now THAT is a secret society. As well, most of these "documentaries" (and I use the term loosely) bring with them and antagonistic agenda straight out of the 19th century and unburdened by too much fact. I mean, let's be honest; evil's a sexy hook when it comes to bringing a group low. Better to accuse them of this, that and the other (fact be damned) than admit that you might be mistaken.

I guess if you're actually interested in meeting an actual Mason as a way of allaying your doubts about the Masons here, do a Google searchstring of Freemason and wherever you happen to live and more likely than not, a local Masonic Lodge will be somewhere in the top 10 rankings if not at the top. Their contact info should be somewhere on the site and I'd suggest you contact them and satisfy yourself as to the veracity of the ATS Masons.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I am very curious as to why they still do not allow women in their little club?

I mean, if it ain't for everyone, it probably isn't relative anymore in today's society.

I have heard of one lodge that had 170 members in the early 80's and they are down to 40 now.

This is why they are swinging the doors open and inviting everyone in for a peak (supposedly) - because numbers are dwindling and they can't attract new younger members.

I am sure if they let the chics in they would get more young men joining

or perhaps they just prefer the company of young men?? Hmmmmmm....

[edit on 16/1/09 by WatchNLearn]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

With your post in mind, I do admin that through various documentaries and whatnot's
one does get that impression, hence my OP.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by WatchNLearn

or perhaps they just prefer the company of young men?? Hmmmmmm....

[edit on 16/1/09 by WatchNLearn]

I was gonna go have a look... BUT not anymooooooooore

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Freemasonry has been lost not only the secrets of HA, but also its esoteric connection. It is now a social club. Perhaps it should open its doors to everybody now.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Freemasonry is based on "Ancient Landmarks," or rules on which the society was founded. Everything in Freemasonry may change except these landmarks, because by the definition of these landmarks, if a single one was ever changed, it would no longer be Freemasonry.

I mean, if it ain't for everyone, it probably isn't relative anymore in today's society.

Many people agree with you on this one, and I think the inability of Masons to deviate from the ancient landmarks, such as the exclusion of women, is partly responsible for the decline in Freemasonry.

I have heard of one lodge that had 170 members in the early 80's and they are down to 40 now.

It is a sad reality which is applicable to most lodges today.

This is why they are swinging the doors open and inviting everyone in for a peak (supposedly) - because numbers are dwindling and they can't attract new younger members.

Yes, you are correct.

I am sure if they let the chics in they would get more young men joining

It would certainly increase the numbers of members, but, according to the ancient landmarks, it would no longer be a brotherhood, and thus also no longer Freemasonry.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Saurus,

You, yourself one?

Where, if I may ask then.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by WatchNLearn

For the same reason sororities don't allow men in THEIR little club. And are you now going to claim that sororities are havens for paedophilic lesbians? Honestly!

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Saurus,

You, yourself one?

Where, if I may ask then.

I sent you a U2U.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   

With your post in mind, I do admin that through various documentaries and whatnot's
one does get that impression, hence my OP.

Don't believe everything you read or see. This from a broadcast television editor. Every book/article/documentary/whathaveyou has a slant. Most of the aforementioned about Masonry in my experience have a hamfisted anti-Masonic stance derived from either half-truths or no truth whatsoever. And people who don't know any better and prefer to believe the worst in people will be sucked right in.

Kinda like Faux News.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SugarCube
Freemasonry has been lost not only the secrets of HA, but also its esoteric connection. It is now a social club. Perhaps it should open its doors to everybody now.

This just demonstrates your lack of knowledge about actual Masonry. And the doors ARE open to everyone with an XY chromosome structure.

HTH
Fitz

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Errr... that is the point isn't it? XY chromosone as opposed to XY & XX chromosones hence my statement that "maybe it should be opened to everyone"...

"Actual" masonry today is largely concerned with being a "social club" with loosely defined moral codes, nothing wrong with that at all. Just because there are "lodges" on every hill, valley and desert doesn't necessarily mean that it is "Freemasonry", i.e. specific to the Grand Lodge of England and as a prior entity of which little is know for definite.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I must add here that many Masons have changed the rules to allow women, and others have deviated from the ancient landmarks, especially in Europe. (Largely due to the decline of numbers, as WatchNLearn has suggested.)

These lodges call themselves "Co-masonry", and are identical to "regular" Freemasonry, but lodges which belong to those constitutions are not recognized as true masonic lodges by regular Grand lodges.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon
And are you now going to claim that sororities are havens for paedophilic lesbians? Honestly!

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Oh that was a good one! You made my coffee come out my nose...ouch lol

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

It's a Brotherhood!

You wouldn't see guys joining the ladies wearing red hats, would you?

Jeesh! Is nothing sacred these days??? Sometimes, guys gotta be guys, and just want to hang out with their buds...maybe do something good for the community, and share some of the same ideas....

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

If the Free Mason Society is so secretive, why do have so many "Free Masons" blurting all kinds of info and how proud they are and their ranks etc etc.

Because we are not required to hide our membership. There is much we can talk about; we are taught what to reveal and what to keep secret.

You can look up KSigMason on most sites and you will come up with Freemason.

That is a myth. Many Masons are very open. In Europe they are a little more secretive than the Americans, but that is because a lot of persecution from the Churches.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join