It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Jewish MP compares Israeli troops in Gaza to Nazis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   

UK Jewish MP compares Israeli troops in Gaza to Nazis

SIR Gerald Kaufman, the veteran Labour MP, yesterday compared the actions of Israeli troops in Gaza to the Nazis who forced his family to flee Poland.

During a Commons debate on the fighting in Gaza, he urged the government to impose an arms embargo on Israel.

Sir Gerald, who was brought up as an orthodox Jew and Zionist, said: "My grandmother was ill in bed when the Nazis came to her home town a German soldier shot her dead in her bed.

"My grandmother did not die to provide cover for Israeli soldiers murdering Palestinian grandmothers in Gaza. The present Israeli government ruthlessly and cynically exploits the continuing guilt from gentiles over the slaughter of Jews in the Holocaust as justification for their murder of Palestinians."

He said the claim that many of the Palestinian victims were militants "was the reply of the Nazi" and added: "I suppose the Jews fighting for their lives in the Warsaw ghetto could have been dismissed as militants."

He accused the Israeli government of seeking "conquest" and added: "

They are not simply war criminals, they are fools."

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
ONE OF the best vidoes i ever saw

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Gerald Kaufman is the member of parliament for Gorton, Manchester (an area very close to where I used to live). The voter makeup of Gorton is easily over 40% muslim; and considerable numbers are Arabs.

This means if Kaufman didn't speak out, he would have got bashed at the next election by his angry constituents.

Still... takes a genius of a politician to win a highly muslim populated constituency like Gorton while being a Jewish man himself!

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

This means if Kaufman didn't speak out, he would have got bashed at the next election by his angry constituents.

I think it would be of greater risk to speak out about Israel then to stay quiet and say nothing. Both to his safety and his position.

It took a lot of guts to speak out the way he did. It's nice to see someone telling it how it is. I'm sure he will soon be labled as anti-semetic and a terrorist supporter by the many people who don't want to see facts nor truth.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Obliterated

Absolutely not. I can understand why from afar it would appear that way.

However I have seen and met the Muslim constitutents of Gorton. I've seen them take over the whole of central Manchester on Eid days... young hoodlums in cars hooting their horns and shouting "Paki power" out of their windows. I've seen them march shouting slogans against Jews and Israel.

To give you an idea of the constituents of Gorton and the surrounding areas: uk.youtube.com...

Trust me, Kaufman had to do this, otherwise he would have been canned by his constituents... if not a lot worse. Kaufman is a nice bloke though- he's fairly secular overall but came down to Manchester cathedral to read at the Christmas service this year.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   

To give you an idea of the constituents of Gorton and the surrounding areas: uk.youtube.com...

I don't understand what you're getting at? They just look like people who are having a festival or celebration. They're not bashing people or carrying around guns or stealing or vandalising property. They're far from scary.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Wow this man has balls, he gets my kudos for sure. This is how all people should think and act. This just sended chills down my back and im sitting with tears in my eyes that there is such people standing up and stating these truths he does.

Best regards.

Loke.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   

I guess you had to be there to feel it...

Edit to say:

I can't find any expicit evidence of the kind of thing that goes on. But I will say this: talk to anyone who has experienced this kind of thing. Talk to anyone who walks around Manchester during the Eid celebrations.

Im offering you a first hand witness account. I hope I have shown in the past that I'm not some unreliable lunatic.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by 44soulslayer]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

If one of those people was surrounded by thousands of westeners, they would probably feel the same as you do surrounded by thousands of them. It is no different. I suggest trying to talk to an individual of a different ethnicity, you'll probably find that they are lovely people.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Textbook naivety.

I'm not a westerner. I've travelled the entire world and met many people of many cultures (in fact I just got back from an Arabian country 3 weeks ago).

So please don't patronise me.

I'm highlighting a specific case of concern here- and that is the Pakistani community in the north of England (remember those race riots?). I have nothing against Muslims in general, but these guys are the worst face of "British" Pakistani Muslims that you can find. They are loud, obnoxious and deliberately block the traffic and hoot their horns endlessly. There were several confrontations when I was walking around- basically yobs looking for a fight; and people leaning out of the windows shouting "Paki power" at passers by. That is no civilized way to behave, irrespective of your background or ethnicity. There is diversity and then there is downright bad behaviour.

In all my time in this country, I have never felt that sense of a storm about to erupt (thankfully it didnt that year). For most of my life I have been surrounded by people of a different ethnicity to me- be it in Africa or the UK. I have never felt the kind of alienation that I felt as I walked around Manchester that evening.

The younger generation of pakistanis are highly radicalised (75% of all terrorist plots being actively investigated by MI5 involve that community).

All I'm saying is that Kaufman has to play to his audience.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I'm going to have to agree to disagree with you. I guess I don't see the harm in people tooting the horn and leaning out the car window. If they're not being violent then let them be. And I'm sure many of them are lovely people. Maybe you haven't looked hard enough to see those ones.

As for the terrorist investigation thing, I don't know anything about it. So until it's investigated and hard evidence exists, I'd like to live on the belief that everyone is innocent until proven guilty. not guilty until proven innocent.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Mate, have you ever experienced this event for yourself? If you haven't (and I strongly suspect you havent), then how can you make up some bambi-eyed optimistic viewpoint of these people.

These people are far from "lovely".

Maybe we just have very different perceptions...

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
This man speaks the truth!!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I've experienced this in both birmingham and manchester, and my impressions are a long, long way from yours.

What I saw was a wonderfully joyous event full of people celebrating their religion.

Sure there are a few idiots around, but that happens at every major event - it also happens during diwali, at christmas/new year and at every single major sporting event and especially football matches.

You want to see scary?
Go to Handsworth Carnival - if you're white, chances are you won't last more than an hour before being abused or set upon.

I applaud Kaufman for this - but in all likelihood he will be castigated in the MSM for his views, even though they are pretty much spot on.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Why did this get only 5 flags? I guess since they can't call him an anti-Semite, might as well stay away because these crimes can't be defended without the anti-Semite card.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Kaufman is a hard line leftist Fabian idealogue - who counted arrafat as a personalfriend and whoimagines that the Palestinians actually want peace - he is as delusionary and blinkered as say Jimmy Carter or Harry Reid.

top topics

join