It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Last Supper (Leonardo), I've found something new..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

you touched it? thanks to the oil on your finger, now its gonna deteriorate faster...

i did the same thing to a monet painting...

about this painting though... need a high res photo to see clearly...

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta
They resemble hooves pretty well in my opinion, and i dont even remember Leonardo being anatomically incorrect.

Leonardo was very anatomically corect! It's his sketchings of a body and it's organs that's used in medical literature. He was obsessed with the inner workings of the human body, in a very strange way. The exhibit I went to had more work of body parts than he had paintings.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I have found what is he looking at....
seem looking at / want to touch with a Beast / wolf...
can you see?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by serbsta
I dont see what youre looking at, really...

But i did see something else, anyone else notice that their feet look like hooves?

How can you tell this is such a poor quality photo of the original I could let my imagination run wild
Oh I just saw Rosey Odonell upper left look!

Agreed, i can even make skull type faces out on the dark parts of the walls on the left

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I can't see anything?

OP - have you left the lid off any solvents in your room?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
The hand is kind of obvious now... But is that painted or just a result of paint peeling off?

The "face" on the other hand looks like a mule to me...

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   

I dont think so...

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by roisu

Hey there roisu,

I see what you mean and I hadn't noticed it before ... thanks for posting.

We have to remember that back in DaVinci's day (particularly those of an artistic vent) were still thinking with a dominant right-brain (intuition / abstact thinking etc ... as opposed to the left-brain logic that dominates the majority today).

With this in mind DaVinci may simply have been symbolizing the 'as above so below' philosophy. A symbolic representation of light / shadow ... good / bad ... pure / tainted ... heaven / hell and so on.

Alternatively he may have used the hand of Jesus (above table) to represent 'look at what is right in front of you' !

The possibilities are endless and as none of us knew what DaVinci was thinking when he painted the picture (although many art critics claim they do) we can only summise what he may have intended. But you raise a very interesting point nontheless. It's always good to think outside the box otherwise we miss these little gems.

Woody

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
16 Billion Pixel Image Of The Last Supper

www.haltadefinizione.com...

I don't see it at all in the high quality image I linked too?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Woody

Hello Woody,
When i check this picture, something tell me to see what is their discussion.
on the right hand side...people seem want to know and ask something...one is trying to listen hard...one is asking "look up"? and one has got stock after the answer come from Jesus..??
Jesus is not looking up...and tell "look undertable"
and see the direction of my left hand....??!

After that...the people on the left hand side trying to see what is under table....the older man say " wait wait wait...can not see, where?"
then the one on his right tell him quitely....." it is there" and he's pointing the direction to show him....

when i look at the table upside down, it's look like a ship...after upside down on the left, the table become the head of ship...with a " mascolt " in the front of the ship...tiny one...!? and i can see someone is raising up his left hand...wanna give something or want something from the wolf/ beast..?

the beast is look like the dog head's man from the egypt's wall.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by roisu]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by roisu

Hey again roisu,

WOW ! You are very observant and intuitive ... I like the way your mind works. As I said previously 'it is good to look outside of the box sometimes' ... just to see what we might be missing.

It's interesting that you see the face as similar to that of Anubis (the Egyptian Jackal-Headed God), as he was the weigher of the heart who lead the souls of the dead through the Underworld.

It always amuses me that people (particularly of the Christian faith), presume that the Underworld is Hell ... when in reality it is the representation of the 'Unknown' or 'Unseen dimensions (both on an inner and outer level) ... the Shadowlands, if you will. And the fact is, we all have a shadowside that should be acknowledged if we are to achieve true balance in our individual inner and outer worlds.

>>> 'Shadow' does not necessarily equate to 'Evil' ... just buried a little deeper below the surface in most cases.

Woody

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Do you know what would be really great? Our boy Leo or anyone for that matter was around to paint things they saw. You can find anything if you look hard enough. Next time there is a thread about Masonic symbols check it out, it is just like this crap.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
At that quality this may as well be a Rorschach inkblot test.

I think the more important thing is why would anyone assume that a Renaissance painter would know anything more about what happened at the last supper than you or I. He wasn't there after all.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Well now people lets PROOVE actually prove that jesus was a real person before we go digging for codes put in by a person that was not around to see anything himself. Lets find somthing written about Jesus that was written when he was born or when he was alive (the first and 2nd time) and ANYTHING written about him while he was growing up.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
the apostle that sat at the end of the table was whom?

so, for what reason would the artist engage in a 'Find Waldo'
exercise some 500 years before the recent Find Waldo fad ?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
What interests me is the first man in the painting...on the left. What is that on his shoulder? It looks like a distorted little face to me??

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
People.... This is not a photograph, it is a painting. The artist was not sitting infront of the table as he painted it. He was not even alive when the event happened, if it ever did. You can draw your own and it would be no less valid than this painting.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I'll bet you read clouds and tea leaves pretty well too!!

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Roisu,

That indeed looks like an arm to me, good find!

If you are inclined to watch the Last Supper in High Resolution online,please visit the following Italian site, who has placed this work online (zoomable)

Leonardo da Vinci, Ultima Cena, Milano, Santa Maria delle Grazie, 1494 - 1498

I am looking at it right now.... (Note:background music is played so you may want to kill audio if you are in public)

EDIT: Nothing unusual found here. But I do say this, you can zoom into the painting as if you were watching it yourself with a magnifying glass.

And yes, that does look like a woman on Jezus' right side so the DaVinci code may not be so fictional after all...............

These are Gigs of data onine, it is really cool.

[edit on 5-2-2009 by MoonMine]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join