It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blog Problems

page: 1

join
share:
Al

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Does anyone know how to put a picture as a baground on blogs. cause I wanted to put this future nasa funding pic as backround.

[Edited on 10-4-2004 by Al]

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 03:24 AM
link   
background-image: url ("http://picture.funnyjunk.com/pics/0322.jpg");

Add this to the body[ ] part. But I think It wouldn't look at good, it's way too busy.

More CSS info: Zeddicus Zul Zorander's blog.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I too am trying to add a background picture, does it take a while for the changes to your blogg to be updated? cause I keep changing things and nothing happens, so I just end up resetting it and trying again, and again.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Make sure you force-refresh your browser, and specify that your browser checks for a new version of the web page every time it visits (depending on the language of your settings, this feature might be described differently). What's likely to be happening is that when you revisit your blog, you're actually loading a version from your browser's cache.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
thanks for that
I'm on my way!
now to try and figure out how to change everything else

Also thanks a lot to zedd for his excellent tutorial

Al

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
my blog is all white and I have to highlight to read it! I just recently put a new backround but it doesnt show up! Its a .bmp file. will it accept tose as backrounds?

this is it.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Well... your background image is not working... click for your image link Word of advice... simple backgrounds are better.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I want to add some pictures to a post in my blog, but they don't seem to want to upload. I'm trying to do it by going to the upload manager via the red arrow on the new entry page. Are there restrictions in place for uploads? Any ideas please?

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
i'm having problems loading an image as a background, is this the right way???

background-image: url ("http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/uploads/ats7915_rose.jpg");

and i tried the red arrow on the entry page and it didn't work either

what am I doing wrong???

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 02:34 AM
link   
that line of code for your image looks ok to me WW. I had the same problem and couldn't understand why, but after SkepticOverlord gave the following advice I found that I could see my image ok.I also removed the line that says background-colour: etc,etc I don't know if you need to do that, but it worked for me
hope this helps

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Make sure you force-refresh your browser, and specify that your browser checks for a new version of the web page every time it visits (depending on the language of your settings, this feature might be described differently).

What's likely to be happening is that when you revisit your blog, you're actually loading a version from your browser's cache.

the red arrow for up loads seems pretty useless and I was advised to take the route of using my uploads here on the board for images within posts in my blog, so I will give that a go and see if I can get it to work.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
thanks pantha
i'll try again, but i did force refresh but nothing happened.??

top topics

join