It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel warns Lebanon of massive war

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Israel warns Lebanon of massive war

www.presstv.ir

Israel has reportedly threatened Lebanon with massive aerial bombardment as it continues a deadly full-scale offensive against the Gaza Strip.

According to the Lebanese daily al-Nahar, Tel Aviv has warned Lebanon against the recent rocket attacks on its northern border, vowing to launch a war against the country if such an incident happens again.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
So the original source is a lebanese paper. So you judge the credibility by yourself.

And so according to this paper, Israel warned that a bombing campaign would be waged against Lebanon if others rockets were to hit Israel from Lebanon. Me thinks it would be easy to stage a war with that kind of rhetoric if Israel wanted to go in Lebanon with a pretext. They are keeping their options open.

Those rockets were not launched by Hezbollah, but probably by people angry at Israel. Even Israel admitted that it was old rockets that Hezbollah have not used since many years.

Tel Aviv had formerly notified the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL) that it was about to attack the country after the rocket attacks came but it had changed its mind upon international advice, daily As-Safir reported.

So another revelation from this paper, Israel thought about attacking Lebanon, but backed off due to international advice..

Interesting article.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Sounds true to me.

Israel went into Gaza due to rocket fire, so I don't see why they would do anything different with Lebanon. And there is a lot of people protesting about Israel going into Gaza, so I'd say there would have been international advice asking them to let it be.

But if more rockets come from Lebanon, Israel will surely respond. And then they'll be fighting Hezbollah again, regardless who was responsible for the rockets.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

vowing to launch a war against the country if such an incident happens again.

What a stupid comment,

I will be expecting hama's or hezbollah, or even an Iranian agent to launch multiple katyusha's any day then.

War on 2 fronts isnt a good thing for Israel, and anything thats not good for Israel is great for the surrounding nations.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I'm not sure how credible this source is but I do not think Israel will be stupid enough to go into Lebanon. Even if they are the U.S. will not allow them. I actually have a little hope that we will stand up to Israel and not let them continue this bombardment.

We know there is some hope after the report about the U.S. talking Israel out of bombing Iran a few months ago. Anyways Israel has their hands full with Gaza. I pray that nothing more happens but if it does I worry for a war with Iran.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
we are in deep #

why would this happen?

Hate Pure HATE mistrust and HATE

we are totaly [snip]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Yes a valid warning. If your country launches weapons into our country you will be held accountable. What better way than to be subject to the military strength of the country you are attacking.

If Toronto starts lobbing missles over the lake into Buffalo, I would appreciate a similar response if the Canadian government's response was "Sorry about that. It wasn't our military and I don't think it was the terrorist organization that normally lobs them at you."

It is Lebanon's job to cease the activity and if they can't do it then Israel will do it for them.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Why does it seem that Israel is taking a big risk right now? Does anyone notice that if Iran ends up attacking Israel, America will most likely be in on a full out war in the mid-east? It is just the excuse that they need to take them out right? I don't like where this is going...

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
The true ridiculousness here is that this warning even needed to be voiced in the first place. Now we've got an international community that's so enamored with the cause du jour of pittying poor Palestine and criticizing Israel over anything they do that Israel feels the need to announce for all to hear that they will defend themselves if attacked. How upside down is that? Did I somehow accidentally fall through an interdimensional hole and land in upside down Earth in the past 10-20 years? For centuries, didn't we as human beings have unspoken and unwritten common sense decrees that stated "If you strike us, we'll accept your challenge and strike back?"

My God would someone please dig up the corpses of both Churchill and FDR so we can slap the hell out of them for creating the UN? What a group of whining, tattletale stool pigeons they're turning this world into.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by patent98310

Neither do any of us... or them on the other side of the argument.

About 75% of the people in Gaza are registered refugees from the Palestinian history of being evicted from their homes due to the growing Israeli presence.

From the Palestinian point of view, that's their homes the Israelis are living in.

From the Israelis point of view, they're quite accustomed to using war to occupy further Palestinian land. I suppose they feel if they start giving it back, they might wind up handing it all back before they know it... so instead, they just keep pushing.
I get the feeling Israel won't give this up until there simply isn't an inch of land left belonging to Palestine.

They were originally supposed to be restricted to occupying no more than 50% of Palestine... where was the UN when they pushed past that?

I don't like what Hamas or Hezbollah are doing... but that's nothing compared to the methodical carnage the Israelis are intentionally pushing on the Palestinians.

I stand with whatever will ensure civilian safety and progress in Gaza.
If Israel and Hamas want to duke it out, fine, let them knock each others heads in all they want... but dropping Phosphor bombs on dense residential zones, shelling the UN headquarters, attacking Red Cross medics, shooting civilians as they follow your instructions to vacate the area, and generally bombing tightly packed cities... this is just plain disgusting.

One way or the other, Israel will have to answer for this. Whether it's through tribunals and sanctions, or the entire Middle East getting ticked off enough and exacting their revenge.

I hope the UN has the guts enough to impose sanctions on Israel before the rest of the region takes matters into their own hands.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

rather take the corpse of stalin out

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Well I hate to be the opposing voice, but I think I must.
Too many people take what they hear from the bias media sources and place their beliefs on them.

Both Isreal and Hamas are responsible for the innocent lives that have gotten mixed up in this. Isreal bombing targets where hamas militants are, which is usually where the civilians are at.

Hamas because they are involved in shoot and hide terrorist tactics that they rely so heavily on, because thats the only way that they stand a chance is through emotional and cowardly warfare.

You have to feel for Isreal militants, because Im sure they didnt wake up in the morning and say "hey, lets go bomb women and children" No matter who you are, if you dropped shells on a target, and innocent lives are takin, you WILL FEEL BAD ABOUT IT! But they cant stop fighting a war just because the other side fights like cowards.

And you have to feel for Hamas in a way because they were stupid enough to start fighting with isreal in the first place, and they lack the military power to take on such a force, so they feeel they must resort to that type of fighting in order to keep the status quo.

Now when it comes to Lebanon...They are responsible for whatever any attacks that come from their region no matter if it is military or civilian.
They had no right to do what they did, no matterhow outdated the weapons were that they were using, a weapon is a weapon no matter how big the "boom" is. They got off fairly easy with a warning if you ask me, because if that were to happen to anyone else, the response would have been worse, even if those attacks were against the US.

War is ugly people, its not supposed to be pretty. And if some of these countries want to be a part of that, then they will get it, because its really not that hard to start a war with another nation as we all know.

As long as Iran and other major countries stay out of this whole situation, then we should to. But once they start getting involved, well prepare to get involved as well. This is not going to end anytime soon.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I wont believe this until i see it in another source. PRESSTV is as unreliable as Debka or the Enquirer. Pretty much all BS. I still havent seen any other news about the Israeli military buildup on the Lebanese border that someone else started a thread abouit which was also linked to PRESSTV. Pretty much a crap news site. I wouldnt trust this at all.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

That is one of the things that obviously Israel doesn't get, their nation is surrounded by their "enemies" the Arabs and the Israeli government is either stupid or moronic when they think they can wag war around them and still get sympathies from the international community.

Israel borders has never been secure and never will be, they are a small littler island amid an ocean of "enemies" and rather than keep their enemies happy and friendly they think that been the town bully is going to win them any friends.

I guess the Israeli government has not regards toward their own people and their safety after all.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

While I think it would be a stupid move by Israel, they've shown no common sense in their attack of Gaza, sacrificing their international image for the sake of killing a few more enemies of Israel, (while creating thousands more I might add).

Nothing Israel does shocks me anymore, they've proven themselves to be a hateful, destructive and irresponsible power.

Israel will now do whatever they think they can get away with, as long as America doesn't tell them off they have "permission" to kill as many as they like.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I highly doubt they would.

Anyone with half a brain would know that starting a war with two bordering nations at the same time would be a very huge mess.

Not to mention if any other bordering nations are friendly to the second nation, even if they don't wage war and stand up against Israel in this case, there will always be extremists that will start their own little militia group and go after Israel.

So I highly doubt anyone would do that unless forced to, such as the second nation sending military into Israel in a type of preemptive strike. Then their hand is forced into battle with two countries.

But then again who knows, crazier things have happened I'm sure.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by Darthorious]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I'll have to see this from something other than presstv too. Maybe when CNN or ABC or Reuters say something about it then it may be true.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
Now when it comes to Lebanon...They are responsible for whatever any attacks that come from their region no matter if it is military or civilian.

With all this carnage going on over in that part of the world, I often here this and similiar arguments for why Israel is "justified" in bombing the living crap out of an entire region when, lets be fair, the casulaties they have sustained have been negligable. Only 3 Israeli civilians have died, 2 of which I believe after Israel began the bombing.

(EDIT: Much like the Lebanon war on 2006, a couple of dead Israeli soldiers after they crossed into Lebanon on a "recon mission" and Israel pummels the entire country for a month killing thousands of innocents)

Now, transpose this back a couple of decades to the "Troubles" in Northern Ireland. Many hundreds, nay thousands of British civilians and soldiers were killed during this period by terrorists based in in the Republic of Ireland. Did the UK bomb Dublin? Did we launch an armed incursion towards Cork? We could have done and easily have overun any Irish defence in doing so, but we didn't.

What I am trying to say is that there is such a thing as a proportionate response, and Israel as always have not only overstepped this boundary, but they got into a car, driven 400 miles past it, got out and then took a flight to the other side of the world from it.

Over 1,000 dead Palestinian civilians (about 1/3rd children) and only 3 dead Israeli civilians..... How is this proportionate and how can it be defended?

[edit on 16/1/09 by stumason]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Does anyone have any updates on this from a newsource other than PRESSTV? Im not buying it until i see this from somewhere else. Maybe Debka will confirm it.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
How difficult is it for Mosad agents to pose as terrorists and launch rockets at their own people and then blame the Lebonese, its childs play and hey are experts at it aren't they. Don't panick this is all part of Israels plan to have a greater Israel. And Israel can have as many fronts as it likes as it is backed the the Fascist US.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join