It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Record-Sized Western Diamondback Rattlesnake killed in Arizona

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Reminds me a little of what my hunting buddies and I call the 'big buck pose'. When being photographed with your latest kill, you hold the kneel down and hold the deer head out in front of you as for as you can without making it obvious that your arms are outstretched. Makes that big ol' buck a little bit bigger.

Even if the fella is doing that with the rattler, that is still one damn big snake...look at the head on that sucker... wow.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I live in Arizona. Years ago I was a bartender in a nice restaurant in Tempe.
I went to put some glasses in the bus tub, and there was a diamond back snake it it. I moved back slow, got the manager and they called animal control. The snake meanwhile came out and went into the walk in.

Animal control never found it. I was freaked for a month to go into that walk in freezer. They found another one the same day in the qwest building across the street.

Will never forget that.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I would like to see more proof on the size of the snake as the article was written by Euben Hadd I have lived in Az all my life from Safford to Kingman and have worked ranches and hunted and fished all over the state and have never seen a snake over about 5' 8''

Removed personal information

[edit on 23/1/09 by masqua]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
We were visiting Tuscon Studios a few years back and as
we were travelling down the small road to the studios,
a biiiig snake (I'a Limey!) 'side-winded' it's way across
the road. It could've been a foot and half long!

That might not seem much, but please... google sloworms
and adders.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I have seen some monster rattle snakes around here, 6-7 footers are not common but ive seen more than one, and I have seen a rattle snake stretch all the way across one lane of a two lane road. My best estimate was that it was around 9-10 feet maybe.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join