It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Record-Sized Western Diamondback Rattlesnake killed in Arizona

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Makes me sad to see such a marvelous creature killed. Almost 9 feet long-That's a MONSTER for a rattler. That thing must have been eating rabbits for food....Those fangs must have been gigantic on a viper that size.

www.rense.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I didn't love my ex wife... but I didn't want anyone to kill her!!!!

Why? Why oh why?

Oh wait...

That's not her, that's a real rattlesnake... I can tell because the snake isn't quite as big and mean as she was...

shwooo, scared me for a moment

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I like the camera trick but it is a old one.
I use it on photos for my fish stories but i tilt the pole so that no one can tell how long the pole is

The snake is about 3 foot from the camera and the man is about 6 to 7 foot from the camera. this makes the snake look a lot larger in relation to the man and gives the illusion that the snake is a lot bigger then it really is

Use the right millimeter lens and it looks even bigger.

I fish so i must lie or i am not a fisherman.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
You are aware that's a fake, right? I don't know, maybe it's the name of the reporter "Euben Hadd"?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
It's a hoax, if you go to the www.asucentral.com all you will find is lackluster ads for products you don't want and services you don't need. I wonder if Arizona State University knows about this?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Now that is a big viper! I never seen a viper get that size, as it is the constrictors that grow rather large. Thank you for sharing the story.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
It doesn't surprise me. I have seen Gila Rattlers that long when out prospecting. They are much prettier than Diamond Backs.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

I agree, any fisherman can spot that old trick. I would knock about 3 feet off that snake.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
No rattlesnakes were harmed in any way in the making of that bogus story in a non-existent paper by a reporter named "Euben Hadd"! It's a Photoshop job on a phony photo already listed at snopes.com.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Ho Hum, the article is written by none other than "Euben Had" says it all.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
LOL!!!

>DD removes his dunce cap

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
That old trick is called "photo shopping"; it's a hoax guys! The record for an eastern diamondback is over 8', so an 8' 10" western diamondback is not inconceiveable, however.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The link at the end of the article leads to a generic ad-revenue site. Not very reassuring....

I guess it's plausible. There's a very similar picture here at Snopes and they leave it as 'undetermined.'

Edited to say
to Phinubian. Nailed it!

[edit on 17-1-2009 by Kandinsky]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
It is not a hoax, dummies. The size of the snake has been verified. Apparently most of the replies sent in were from folks who know nothing about the subject on which they are speaking!!!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
i think that the snake in texas and the one in arizona is the same snake. bring both pictures up and compare them

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
i think that the snake in texas and the one in arizona is the same snake. bring both pictures up and compare them

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Weben Hadd,
Euben gotcha again.
Sin Cerley,
Eubie Write

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Is there really a place named Gobbler's Knob? Fishy sounds to me...

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Western Diamond-Backed Rattlesnake,Crotalus Atrox
It is a shame to see such a magnificent creature salughtered.
For many years the Rattlesnake has been demonized by man as a creature of worthless existence, and to be killed on the spot.
We see examples of this in the rattlesnake round up, held annually in Sweet Water Texas where the Westeran Diamond-Backed is killed for man's pleasure and turned into items such as hatbands and snake skin belts.
These repitles are an imporant part of our ecosystem and play a very necessary roll in the balance of nature.
The world record is only 1/8 in. less than 7 ft in length !
See Snakes of North America. R.D. Bartett Alan Tennant

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join