It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House bill 15090 showing that the US Government asked for the aids virus to be made!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

The Development of the AIDS virus was funded in 1969 (three years before the request for development by the World Health Organization) through funds obtained by the United States Defense Department. The Defense Department requested and received $10 million via House Bill 15090, which was reviewed in Hearings before the Subcommittee of the Committee on Appropriations, House of Representatives during the ninety-first Congress in review of the Defense Appropriations for 1970.

Part Five of H.B. 15090 was entitled RESEARCH, DEVELOPMENT, TEST, AND EVALUATION, sponsored by the Department of the Army, the Advanced Research Project Agency (now DARPA), and Defense Research and Engineering.

www.scribd.com...

[edit on 15-1-2009 by freeduhm]

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread Page):
AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

[edit on 16/1/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
This is not a one-liner or anything...

But, reputable link to back all of this up, or what? lol

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Not likely to find anything on this even at:
thomas.loc.gov...
Only covers 93rd Congress to current.
This accusation is one of two things, bullpoo to create hype and get people going over nothing; or else it's a well covered up little item as nothing else seems to come up other than other websites with the same hype.
I'm going with bullpoo on this one.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16/1/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Found something that appears to have been from 2004 on this subject. Some of the information appears to be word for word.

archives.econ.utah.edu...

The Real Origin of AIDS

The AIDS virus was created by the United States government at Fort Dietrich
in Maryland, a biological warfare laboratory in building number A550 in the
P4 lab. The sum of US $10m was requested by the Defense Department to build
the lab under the House of Representatives Bill number H.R. 15090 in the
91st Congress in 1970.7

Dr. Theodore Strecker writes, ?The US National Cancer institute, in
collaboration with the World Health Organization, manufactured the AIDS
virus in their laboratories at Fort Detrich, Maryland. They combined two
deadly retroviruses, the Bovine Leukemia Virus and the Visna Virus, and
injected them into human tissue cultures. The result was the AIDS virus, the
first human retrovirus known to man and now believed to be 100 percent fatal
to those infected?.8

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
A proposal to any members here who happens to live in the area around Washington DC.

We need someone on the ground to go in and check out the Library of Congress and request a look at House Bill 15090 from the sessions of the 90th and/or 91st Congresses.
Only then can we put this thing to rest.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Genetic analysis shows that AIDS has been around for quite a long time, since long before the 60's and 70's.

The AIDS virus has been circulating among people for about 100 years, decades longer than scientists had thought, a new study suggests. Genetic analysis pushes the estimated origin of HIV back to between 1884 and 1924, with a more focused estimate at 1908.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
A simple correction. There is no such thing as the "AIDS Virus", despite it's popular usage. Aids is a condition that develops due to the onset of a virus, known as the Human immunodeficiency virus - or HIV. The only reason why the term "AIDS Virus" came into use, is because the syndrome was known and documented before the vector which caused it.

You really won't hear "AIDS Virus" much in professional nomenclature unless in direct reference to HIV.

I only mention this because I've seen a few phony "uncovered" documents detailing the deliberate construction of the "AIDS" virus - despite that never being the professional identification for the virus, only the condition it causes. Since the two terms are fairly interchangeable in common use - it can serve as good identification marker for someone who's trying to make their forgery sound professional, but does not necessarily discredit out of hand a claim due to it's popular usage. It's simply a red flag to warn you to be cautious.

Also: Phage is right. Genetic analysis of the HIV virus shows direct lineage from the SIV and FIV virus families. However, since HIV is a rather new adaptation - we and it haven't evolved as of yet to a symbiotic relationship with the host it infects as it does in felines and simians. However, it's been found that the CCR5-delta 32 mutation carried by some descendants of the survivors of the Black Plague in Europe can make the host especially resistant if not immune to HIV if this trait is inherited by both parents.

Evolutionary Relevance of HIV

The site includes a phylogenetic tree showing where HIV fits in. Were it created artificially in a lab, then that would not be the case.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by freeduhm

"House bill 15090 showing that the US Government asked for the aids virus to be made!"

Well they failed as there is no AID's virus (doesn't conform to any virus conformity, even if they had it. Which NO ONE has!) only a global scam that the ill informed believe because they have been told. Just like humans are responsible for GW. Oh, sorry climate change!

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
The part of the hearing which was left out is interesting.

However, decreasing funds in CB, growing criticism of the CB program, and our reluctance to involve the NAS-NRC in such a controversial endeavor have led us to postpone it for the past 2 years. It is a highly controversial issue and there are many who believe such research should not be undertaken lest it lead to yet another method of massive killing of large populations. On the other hand, without the sure scientific knowledge that such a weapon is possible, and an understanding of the ways it could be done, there is little that can be done to devise defensive measures. Should an enemy develop it there is little doubt that this is an important area of potential military technological inferiority in which there is no adequate research program.
freeduhm.com...

It sounds like the discussion was really about whether there was any point in research into defense against biological agents.

[edit on 1/16/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Insin't this all old news dosen't the strecker memorandum cover all of this?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
This is very typical of conspiracy theorists scouring through old records to find something they can point to that gives the impression there is an AIDS virus the US developed ot exterminate people in large numbers.

As already pointed out, there is no such thing as an AIDS virus per se, and the condition has existed for decades, maybe always, but was only recognized as such fairly recently.

A survey was done a few years ago showing a significant proportion of American blacks believe AIDS was created in US labs.

This is one of the more disgusting areas of conspiracy theories that intorduces totally baseless information into the system alarming people unnecessarily with malign intentions.

Mike F

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I suspected in the early 1980's that the World Health Organization or some other UN connected group was behind the AIDS virus. Either by design or by screw-up.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

Well put, I think AID's could have been genetically created for that type of purpose but have heard many different theories even that it started with cats first. I'm not saying it is or isn't but to hear all sides is interesting still. To make a claim such as this and even more so, make it believable, I think it is quite necessary to post a link to the original content or where you found this information. Who really knows....... I'm not leaning either way on this one.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by N3krostatic] damn typo's

[edit on 16-1-2009 by N3krostatic]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
ive always belived Project MKNAOMI was one of the corner stones in the development of "that" strain.

seams your find only proves it to be real even further

MKNAOMI was the code name for a joint Department of Defense/CIA research program lasting from the 1950s through the 1970s. Unclassified information about the MKNAOMI program and the related Special Operations Division is scarce. It is generally reported to be a successor to the MKDELTA project and to have focused on biological projects including biological warfare agents—specifically, to store materials that could either incapacitate or kill a test subject and to develop devices for the diffusion of such materials

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I met a doctor at a gatherings of "patriots" on the naitonal mall in washington in the summer of 1993. He had been employed by congress to research the aids virus. What he could not believe is that he found antibodies at NIH in 1970 which was three years before the aids virus supposedly transmutated into its current form. Subsequently he found that it was created in a lab in Falls Church, VA at General Dynamics.

He had written a book and seemed sickenly dumb founded by what he had discovered. He said it had ruined his career and nobody even wanted to believe him.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
AIDS and Ebola is what happens when locals eat monkey meat, its presence in the human population has been genetically dated to have been with us for over 100 years now, long before the ability of anyone to "create" it.

But of course it HAS to be another evil creation of the USA.

Seriously, there are lots of other countries in the world, don't you guys ever entertain the possibility that someone else is up to something

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Even if this were true, it would not have been the US Govt. itself but rather rogue agents within our govt. of whom are not loyal to the U.S. or any other country for that matter as they are International elites with residences around the world. These are the same kind of 'rogue' Neocon agents responsible for 9/11, WTC93, USS Liberty, USS Cole and many, many other false flag operations designed to divide and conquer the people at large in that they may further control the nations of the world for the purpose of a NWO to their liking. Population control have always been on their official agenda.

The idea that the US govt. is involved in some grand conspiracy is laughable and rather insulting to all Americans and our elected Representatives of whom have no part or knowledge of any of this.

I take great offense to the accusation.

You need to clarify your point as to whom is to blame here for such a travesty assuming it were true in the first place rather than blanketing the whole govt. with some mass conspiracy to create a virus to wipe out humanity at large.

It's not to late to 'edit' your post to reflect truth. I would do so if I were you. This is quite a accusation the way you have 'worded' it. Careful!! You sound as if you have an agenda here to bring down the U.S. itself. I and many others won't stand for this.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Watch this, straight from the horses mouth.

And this.

Look a little deeper.

The hypothesis that simian virus 40 (SV40) infected polio vaccines may be linked to the evolution of acquired immunodeficiency disorder (AIDS), and certain cancers, has been advanced. Most recently, investigators discussed the likelihood of gene-reshuffling following SV40 infection as a precursor to acquired immune dysfunction. Findings of recent SV40 infections in four children born after 1982 suggest infections were transmitted vertically along gene lines. Earlier observations proved activation of a retrovirus gene by a hepatitis B virus (HBV) protein. This paper proposes a new integrative theory on the origin of AIDS. It advances the possibility of genetic recombinations with oncogene activation by HBV involving simian viruses that likely infected polio vaccinated blood donors to the initial hepatitis B (HB) vaccine trials conducted on gay men in New York City and Ugandan Blacks in the early to mid-1970s. The socio-economic and even military ramifications associated with this politically challenging thesis are discussed.

linkinghub.elsevier.com...

[edit on 16-1-2009 by squiz]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I can only add one thing to this discussion.
In the early '70s I lived in Oakland Ca and made numerous trips to Berkeley CA on the U.C. campus. On one of these trips I came across a flyer that was for a lecture/talk by a professor/scientist which stated he helped develop the AIDS "bug." I'm using the word bug for lack of a better one. I believe I still have this flyer somewhere in my crap in a storage locker. Wish I could remember his name as this was a serious lecture that was being given at that time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join