It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Me in my ATS gear at a Masonic Hall

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LowLevelMason
reply to post by doctordoom

No, but it is sure is over run by people who star and flag things that they believe on regardless of evidence

And what kind of evidence would you like to see on a thread where a guy is sitting in front of a building with his ats gear and book taking pics of himself besides the pic???

I personally am not anti-mason, but some of you do ruin it for the rest of them.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctordoom
I love it!!!

Starred and Flagged.

Man, is ATS overran by Masons, or what?

Kinda creepy.

Overrun? Hardly. There's maybe a half-dozen or so who post here on anything approaching a regular basis. If that's your definition of being overrun........well, t'wasn't anything to be overrun in the first place.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

No, but it is sure is over run by people who star and flag things that they believe on regardless of evidence

What a sarcastic, snide little remark.

Good enough for me.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Good enough for me.

Yes I would agree, your original comment was quite sarcastic and snide. Pretty ring, by the way - why is it good enough for you? Do you like it? Not my style, but whatever floats your boat. You wouldn't be the first anti-mason to go around wearing a masonic ring to try to "get in" on the conspiracy

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways

And what kind of evidence would you like to see on a thread where a guy is sitting in front of a building with his ats gear and book taking pics of himself besides the pic???

I personally am not anti-mason, but some of you do ruin it for the rest of them.

Why is it you repeatedly keep trying to troll me? If you are not trying to do so, you sure do give every signal that is your intent.

Of course, I was responding to someone (as it says "REPLY TO" up at the top) and that person was not the OP, but you knew that.

I love it!!! Starred and Flagged. Man, is ATS overran by Masons, or what? Kinda creepy.

By the way? The stars on your post? Proves my point exactly.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by LowLevelMason]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LowLevelMason

If you insist.

I'm with the OP.

It was better than the shoe toss at the president.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by doctordoom]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Unfortunately, it bears a great deal of truth. There are many here who find it comforting to believe the worst about people they have no concept of by virtue of their group of association as opposed to determining for themselves whether the tripe that makes up the majority of their 'understanding' is worth the powder to blow it to Hell.

Too many are willing to be selfsame the sheep they accuse acknowledged Freemasons of being.

Pot. Kettle. Black.
You figure it out.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon

Too many are willing to be selfsame the sheep they accuse acknowledged Freemasons of being.

Pot. Kettle. Black.
You figure it out.

Ever heard of the bible?

5And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the LORD of hosts.

Words from God. You should read them.

I am the Parakletos.

Now, I have given you hint as to who I am.

Will you play fair, or will you whine and say I should be banned.

What is the high road??

Play fair??

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

I think what you did was adorable and awesome.
Not one liner(sorry for the quicky, in a rush).

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

So..in other words you are here to render judgment and banish everyone who doesn't agree with you to Hell? God uses ATS now? You are way off topic here, and I know by responding I am bringing this further off topic, but that post was so nuts I just had to reply.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LowLevelMason

Fair enough.

I will say, I'm trying to save you from eternal suffering.

If you swore on the bible, you had better believe in it's warnings.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Google says...you think you are the Holy Spirit.

Oh my.

Well, there goes all your credibility. I don't need any saving from you. However, this comedy is delightful so if you'd like to make another post proclaiming yourself as the holy spirit in the "My Story" forum I'd appreciate it - were off topic here.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Words from God. You should read them

Read 'em. Live 'em. Have no truck with those whose M.O. is to be higher and mightier.

Have no patience for those who pretend to think they know something, naysaying what I actually know and casting aspersions as if they're better somehow.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Google says...you think you are the Holy Spirit.

Oh my.

Well, there goes all your credibility. I don't need any saving from you. However, this comedy is delightful so if you'd like to make another post proclaiming yourself as the holy spirit in the "My Story" forum I'd appreciate it - were off topic here.
Oh, he's the real deal. Homeless Bill told him so. And battery acid is the cure for cancer. And George Washington was an agent of the British Royal Family... Just read his posts!

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I think we can all conclude that ATS merchandise is totally death metal.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I don't get the point of this thread. Don't get me wrong, i'm fully aware of the conspiracies surrounding freemasons but really....what was the point of this? And the OP still hasn't told us what questions he asked the guy.

I personally don't think the majority of masons are doing bad things. There MIGHT be some things higher up which contain secret initiations, but still, that doesn't mean they are bad.

If anyone has read the history of the freemasons (hiram abiff) then to me it always seemed that they were the good guys. Trying to hand down secret knowledge that was suppressed.

I dunno. Anyway, on a side note, when i got my rescue dog and the guy from the centre came over to check everything was going ok, he admitted he was a freemason. We were just chatting and he was telling me about how everyone can have their own beliefs. If he was supposed to be being secretive, he wasn't doing a very good job.

On a more serious note.....isn't it entirely possible that the groups alot of you have pegged as the bad guys...are actually the good guys? I've been doing a lot of esoteric studying recently and i really do think that this is the case.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
This photo shoot must have seemed like a good idea at the time. I would guess the OP came on as agressive and the greeter decided to call the police. It's about attitude.

I am not a Mason but several in my family are and were. None ever showed me the secret handshake and I never asked. They did tell me that there were different levels of proficiency and that one had jobs to do as they learned the ropes. There are ceremonies and traditions that are a bit unusual, such as when one of our Masons passed away. A group of three or four showed up with aprons on and some symbolic materials and performed a farewell ceremony. They asked us if it was OK and scheduled the time so that nothing else would be disturbed. We agreed since that individual was one of the Shriners in our area and would have wanted a farewell from his friends. There was no effort to keep the ceremony secret. It was announced and all were invited to attend. Most did. As I remember a small gong or cymbal was struck and words were spoken. The ceremony and costume was unusual but not distasteful and was respectful of the dead. We thanked them and asked them to stay but they were unable to. I think the ceremony took five to ten minutes.
The Masons are a private organization like many others and have their own rules and traditions. Every Mason that I have known was a decent person and I believe that the organization was a nice template for them, bringing a sense of order and purpose to those that wished it. The groups/lodges near us do charitable things for the local area and for national charities. They seem to be very active socially and often have parties or take trips together.
As to evil doing, I see no evidence at all. I think they have a reputation from being expelled from European monarchies in the 1800's. My close friend's great great grandfather left Scotland under duress because he was a Mason. The family still has an engraved sword with the symbols on it. The Masons have always been a secret society, of sorts, and secret societies of any kind were considered dangerous by kings and queens. You could lose your head over it. This country allowed them to have their organization. You may tour their building and talk to them, as long as you don't barge in in the middle of a ceremony or closed meeting. They are about as transparent as a fraternal society can get and still have an aura of mystery about them. I would characterize it as a social and beneficial society that does charitable works.
In my opinion, Skull and Bones is a far more secretive organization that you could conspiracize about....if there was any way to get any information. Not at all transparent. Far more elite. Perhaps a Bilderberger Fraternity.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
hey dude how come you dont have the ats polo shirt. thats the one i wanna see a picture of.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

See... it's posts like this that really make me wish I could find that blog by the fellow who went to Bible camp and showed how he could show Jesus was a scratch golfer.

I especially like the bit he had about how some folks use the word of God to back up and enforce their points of view...

Anyway...
I'd need to get a tripod a pic of myself at the local lodge.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

i have that ring, but i lost it

that's a really nice ring and i think i will buy another one soon

i like how Us Masons are being criticized for defending Freemasonry. Yes us few are overtaking ATS. hell this is the first time i have been on in several months. i rarely come on here ever. there are not enough masons on ATS to start anything.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join