It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mary and Jesus Appear in Sydney Man's Lava Lamp.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Mary and Jesus Appear in Sydney Man's Lava Lamp.

www.news.com.au

AN Australian man says the Virgin Mary and baby Jesus have appeared in his lava lamp and ever since the “miracle” his life has been blessed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
holymarylamp.com

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

"John Smith" of Sydney, Australia has said that his life has been transformed after the manifestation of the "Virgin and Child" in his lava lamp. The extent of this transformation is that he has met the love of his life.

Come, gaze in wonder at "John's" website dedicated to the vision.

Holy MaryLamp

My lava lamp has created similar blobs and I have never even contemplated that a greater power may have been trying to reach me.

Maybe I need to take whatever "John Smith" has been taking to truly see the holy vision within my lava lamp.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15/1/2009 by Beelzebubba]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Jesus really needs to get out of that lava lamp,
There is lots of stuff going down around the globe and he is playing peek-a-boo in some guys lamp.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
The thing is with issues like this is that people relate the objects in questions only to known representations of artists depictions. Did Mary and Jesus ever truly look that way? Possibly, but the fact is the guy related it to a picture.

The is an image floating around the net of Jesus appearing on a dogs butt. It is also very similar to an artists depiction of what Jesus may have looked like. I would post the picture, but I do not want to violate any ATS rules as some people may be offended.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
The mind will always make patterns out of random things.

It's why kids see animals when looking at clouds.
Why the ink blot test works.

... and it's why this guy thinks two blobs in a lava lamp are characters from a religious book.

I can throw paint at a wall constantly, and eventually someone's going to think one of the splat marks looks like something from their religion.

But hey, if that's what comforts him, that's fine. But I would want to know if my relationship with someone else was completely founded on some random "sign" such as this, so I can prepare to be let down.

As the "love of his life" will likely be when the inevitable happens. Lava lamps don't exist forever.
I'd hate to be her when that happens.
It will likely be a sign to him that he has to get a divorce.

... or if he's crazy enough, maybe he'll think she's a witch.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Actually science still has nto explained why the image of Mary & Jesus stayed in the exact same position. Why was it not explained? Surely im not the only one to pick up on how the lava lamp just stopped like that.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by meadowfairy
Actually science still has nto explained why the image of Mary & Jesus stayed in the exact same position. Why was it not explained? Surely im not the only one to pick up on how the lava lamp just stopped like that.

Co-in-ci-den-ce.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
how many lava lamps are there in the world...millions?

now...if you told a person who has won the lottery that he was the only one taking part...he would think his picking the correct numbers is a miracle....tell him he was just one of millions picking numbers then obviously he would realize its just chance...someone has GOT to pick the right numbers..and given enough people taking part someone will..

its the same here..millions of lava lamps give us millions of shapes...every now and then one will throw up an odd shape or two..

its the same as when people claim divine intervention when a storm hits their town and they are the only ones who survive...totally ignoring the fact that this would mean god has actually willingly killed thousands of others...

religion makes people turn their brains off...

[edit on 16-1-2009 by alienesque]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by meadowfairy

lol.
Yes they have, and I'm quite sure you've heard it many times.
Or at least you should have.

1: There are three main states of matter. Liquid, Solid, Gas (Excuse the Newtonian, we're in the presence of laymen.)
2: As matter heats up, it changes states, from solid, to liquid, to gas... as it cools, it goes in reverse, gas to liquid to solid.

Whatever position a liquid is in when it "freezes", it remains in.

The liquid in a lavalamp remains liquid while being heated. Once it cools, it solidifies.
The hotter liquid attempts to rise, and the cooler liquid attempts to fall.

As some of the liquid cools, falls, and solidifies, warmer liquid in the center of the mass will still attempt to rise, some of it escaping the larger mass and spurting upwards, where it then can no longer retain it's heat, and it too solidifies.

Which is exactly what you're seeing. A spurt of liquid escaping the larger cooler mass, and then solidifying in that position.

This is ancient science man. It was explained a VERY long time ago.

As for why did it happen to rest in that position?
As the above poster said, coincidence, I call it the roll of the dice, a chance of odds.

Is it an image of Mary? I should think "divine intervention" could spare a little detail on the object.
But all it is, is two globs solidified... you see what you want.

Personally, I originally thought it looked more like one of those intimate candles you can get at the "IT Store", you know, with the man and woman embracing each other?

You see what you want to see when there's nothing to be seen.

Like I said, I could constantly spatter paint on a wall, and eventually someones going to swear they see a recognizable pattern.

If your question is "Why isn't it changing?"
The answer is : The lamp is off.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I think it's sweet. What harm is he doing to anyone else? Personally i don't see this as miraculous but he clearly does. If it's restored his faith in something, then good for him.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Unmask The Deception

You mean this photo:

Manifestation of Our Saviour in a Most Unusual Place

Photoshopped or pareidolia or something more mystical.

I choose to believe!

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Last Man on Earth
Co-in-ci-den-ce.

If an infinite amount of monkeys flinged an infinite amount of poo would they not one day create a very large pile of poo?

Sorry to lower the tone of the thread, Jesus told me to do it... He was looking back at me out of my toast.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beelzebubba

You mean this photo:

I choose to believe!

thats one hell of an image...

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
Jesus really needs to get out of that lava lamp,
There is lots of stuff going down around the globe and he is playing peek-a-boo in some guys lamp.

I'm with you and whats with this?
These two are popping up everywhere

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Well I looked at the lava lamp and I am sorry but that is just f'n silly stuff right there. About like the toast with Jesus on it.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beelzebubba

You mean this photo:

I choose to believe!

Love it!
Jesus found on the Arse of a dog. Best i've seen yet!

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Why is such a big deal made of pareidolia?

How about this one. A crucified alien in a brain scan! Surely this must mean that jesus was an Alien right! Here's proof!

Are we that desperate for news? Puleeeeeeeeeeease!

IRM

new topics

top topics

join