It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gold Standard Returns!!!--Indiana State Senator Files Gold Money Bill!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
www.ronpaulforums.com...

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 14, 2009

Indiana State Senator Files Gold Money Bill
Senate Bill 453, The Indiana Honest Money Act
Indiana Picks Up Where New Hampshire Left Off !

Indianapolis, Indiana -- State Senator Greg Walker of District 41, (R-Columbus), has officially filed a Bill
that would allow Indiana to offer its citizens a choice of Gold (and Silver) coin or the Electronic equivalent
in payable and receivable transactions with the state. This bold bill will finally bring Indiana back into
conformance with the Constitution for the United States of America which states "No state shall...make
any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts..." Article 1, Section 10.

The Indiana Honest Money Act will be voluntary for citizens, but mandatory for certain, specialized
businesses and will allow Indiana to fund the Treasury with enough assets insuring that no current state
funds will need to be earmarked. S.B. 453 is NOT a replacement for Federal Reserve Notes, but more of
a competing, Constitutional currency and an insurance policy for our current, tenuous "money" system.

Who knows there might just be hope for our country. This is why our people need to start running for office. Little by little we can take our country back from these crooks.

[edit: clipped quoted content, added required EX tags]
[edit on 16-1-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16 Jan 09 by Gools]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
This should be considered seriously if we
are to get out of this fake economy.

Hats off to State Senator Greg Walker of District 41, (R-Columbus)
for filing this. And star to the OP.

This should immediately be sent to all major networks and
news outlets. It may fall on deaf ears, but maybe worth it.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
The big problem is there is not enough gold in the vaults in the US to back the deal.

Great idea as it would need the mining of a lot of new gold.

This would put a lot of my friends back to work.

Since we have only mined 1/10 0f one % of the recoverable gold in the US this would also put a lot of people back to work mining gold.

It would also raise the price of gold to more then $2000 a ounce.

www.origsix.com...

this will also drive the treehuggers nuts trying to stop the mining.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by ANNED]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
The big problem is there is not enough gold in the vaults in the US to back the deal.

Great idea as it would need the mining of a lot of new gold.

This would put a lot of my friends back to work.

Since we have only mined 1/10 0f one % of the recoverable gold in the US this would also put a lot of people back to work mining gold.

It would also raise the price of gold to more then $2000 a ounce.

www.origsix.com...

sure there is. They would have to revalue gold to its real value though like they did in the 30s. I wouldnt be so sure that wont happen again......

[edit on 15-1-2009 by tjeffersonsghost]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Unfortunately I don't think this will work unless the whole nation follows through. With bills like these it almost seems like states are starting to seem more and more divided. Could be a good thing, maybe we need to get back ont he gold standard.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Techsnow
Unfortunately I don't think this will work unless the whole nation follows through. With bills like these it almost seems like states are starting to seem more and more divided. Could be a good thing, maybe we need to get back ont he gold standard.

The states need to realize their rights. Article 1 Section 10 sums it up pretty clearly and there is no reason why constitutionally this bill should not pass. We will truly see how much the bankers own this country if this does not pass. It was attempted in other states I believe.....

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tjeffersonsghost

Interesting. I'm a bit surprised. This is the state i was born and raised in. Moved to Michigan 3 years ago.

I don't know if this is something that people there would stand behind though....although i wish they would. This is refreshing to see. Maybe more of this is possible? Lots of states are going broke or are broke and are in serious trouble.

Could it be possible that there is someone else besides Ron Paul that I can support? We'll have to see. I've never heard of the guy....but that is probably a good thing.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
do you really believe that the gold stored in fort knox is really there.

they have not let any non government auditer in there in more then 50 years to check on it being there.

no one in the mining business believes it is and we believe the government sold it off years ago.

but they have made everyone believe that all the gold is still in fort knox to prop up the dollar.

if you dont believe me try to find a independent auditer that claims to have seen and weighed the gold in fort knox to prove its still there. or who really owns it.

i guarantee you will not find one. we in the mining industry have been asking for a independent audit (not a hand picked company that may or may not give a true audit)for over 40 years and the government refuses to allow anyone else to be there.
moderate.wordpress.com...
www.howestreet.com...
www.gata.org...
digg.com...
www.kitcomm.com...
www.fgmr.com...
www.reddit.com...
themessthatgreenspanmade.blogspot.com...
www.cooperativeindividualism.org...

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
You could be right there ANNED. There should be an audit to see how much gold the people still own....

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

All I can say is it's about time. Americans have been paying interest on their money, which is created from thin air, for much too long. In many posts I have been fighting against the Federal Reserve for a long time. Kennedy tried to ban the FED one time, and actually issued interest free money....

President John F.Kennedy,
The Federal Reserve
And Executive Order 11110

On June 4, 1963, a little known attempt was made to strip the Federal Reserve Bank of its power to loan money to the government at interest. On that day President John F. Kennedy signed Executive Order No. 11110 that returned to the U.S. government the power to issue currency, without going through the Federal Reserve. Mr. Kennedy's order gave the Treasury the power "to issue silver certificates against any silver bullion, silver, or standard silver dollars in the Treasury." This meant that for every ounce of silver in the U.S. Treasury's vault, the government could introduce new money into circulation. In all, Kennedy brought nearly $4.3 billion in U.S. notes into circulation. The ramifications of this bill are enormous.

With the stroke of a pen, Mr. Kennedy was on his way to putting the Federal Reserve Bank of New York out of business. If enough of these silver certificats were to come into circulation they would have eliminated the demand for Federal Reserve notes. This is because the silver certificates are backed by silver and the Federal Reserve notes are not backed by anything. Executive Order 11110 could have prevented the national debt from reaching its current level, because it would have given the government the ability to repay its debt without going to the Federal Reserve and being charged interest in order to create the new money. Executive Order 11110 gave the U.S. the ability to create its own money backed by silver.

www.john-f-kennedy.net...
Related:
www.heritech.com...
(Bottom of page)

Ever seen a $2 bill? That is interest free money. It is my sincere hope that other States follow suit in this effort.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
This will never pass because its a part of the NWO agenda to steal everything that is worth money(gold, property) from regular folk and give then valueless crap back only by debt(our current currency)

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Starred and Flagged. This is monumental in US history.

I would expect anyone of intelligence, to follow this bill till and see what transpires.

Thanks for posting this information, I am sending it to about 100 people on my email list.

Last guy to attempt this was Kennedy, but the sheep were a sleep then.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bl0rg
This will never pass because its a part of the NWO agenda to steal everything that is worth money(gold, property) from regular folk and give then valueless crap back only by debt(our current currency)

I dont know man I think the rage is growing. More and more people are becoming aware of what the FED is about. The movement is growing. DK is pushing now also...

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Great thread, very exciting stuff, S&F

Now let's just hope this doesn't go the way of Ron Paul's "End the Fed" bill, or Kucinich's "Impeach Cheney and Bush" bills.....

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
stared and flagged! I would like to see this happen nation wide, or something equivalent to help bring or economy back into the real world!

We will see how far this bill gets.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Not going to happen.
Gold is a good standard of value (unless you buy it too high) but not a good medium of exchange (a little bulky dont you think).

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
You can look the Gold Standard up on Wiki but to save you time it mentions a little factoid that should be fleshed out as part of the "Gold Standard" discussion. It happens to be of exceptional importance and would make commerce nearly impossible....

The total amount of gold that has ever been mined has been estimated at around 142,000 tonnes.[12] Assuming a gold price of US$1,000 per ounce, or $32,500 per kilogram, the total value of all the gold ever mined would be around $4.5 trillion. This is less than the value of circulating money in the U.S. alone, where more than $7.6 trillion is in circulation or in deposit (although international banking currently practices fractional reserves).[13] Therefore, a return to the gold standard would result in a significant increase in the current value of gold, which may limit its use in current applications.[14] For example, instead of using the ratio of $1,000 per ounce, the ratio can be defined as $2,000 per ounce (or $1,000 per 1/2 ounce) effectively raising the value of gold to $8 trillion. However, this is specifically a perceived disadvantage of return to the Gold standard and not the efficacy of the Gold Standard itself. Furthermore, Gold standard advocates consider this to be both acceptable and necessary.[15]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Let's see... the Indiana Bill will seek to pay out in gold or silver coin,
and to also receive taxes in gold or silver coin
~or in the electronic equivelents~

We, also the federal govt, & the state governments are all operating in that
method already...
the 'electronic' equivelents are in the norm.... issued as checks,
its when you go to the bank to get the check cashed that one receives
'Federal Reserve Notes' in payment for the 'electronic' funds you received
in the form of a State or Federal Check.

At the Tellers window, you can request payment in the form of 'Silver Dollars' & hopefully pre 1964 dimes... if any of that coinage is available in a timly fashion.... chances are it won't be available, so your transaction goes
ON 'Hold'. or you can expect those tin or base metals Eisenhower-dollar coins and such as payment... the archaic use of actual gold & silver has
long been phased out of common useage by the US mint.

Nothing in the Bill proposal says anything about Immediate payment,
so the intent while being desirable or noble... the actuating of the Bill is an exercise in wishful thinking.
because the USA central gov't mint is not going to ramp up 100s of billions of coins with a minute alloy of either gold or silver in the content, for the State of Indiana alone

the 95% cynic ~StUdio

[edit on 16-1-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
if this state gets their #$%!! together,i think many wiil move there ..tax revenues will increase..& the'll get the cream of the crop americans to live there..this will have to coencide with removal of draconian gun laws& defeat of ammunition accountability laws in the future!!!if you can't protect you lives, what good is all that prosparity??the constitution also garantees RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

This is an excellent development and the only way to save our country from the illegal and unconstitutional fiat monetary racket. States need to come together in unity on this asap.

I will closely monitor these developments. The International bankster swindling class will surely fight this one. Assassinations, blackmail, threats, firings, setups are to come shortly if the states and politicians don't come together in unity. Security in numbers. This is why the states must come together in unity to support sound money policies.

Interesting times ahead regardless. This would never have happened if the public had not become aware via the internet of the financial fraud perpetuated on them daily. Those in the know in the govt. were afraid to speak on this issue for the reasons cited above. Now that this issue has become more common knowledge amongst the people, our politicians are less fearful of taking action to save our country from these parasitic criminals. Very positive development indeed.

I propose to put Ron Paul on the first golden coin. He took the public pulpit on the issue, he deserves the credit.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by Perseus Apex]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join