It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012. its just a number. Move On

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

There do seem to be a lot of chain rattlers here.The problem is, people on the academic track tend to spew the babble they have been fed.Few take into account the other sciences that prove the cataclysm cycle. It's just like you said,some just refuse to read the studies.It's also like I stated,the alignment will change and will render the old celestial calender obslete. This arguement gets old.It's like teaching a pig to sing.It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
1776, 9-11, all just #s.....
OK.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

Find me a study as conclusive as all the other evidence that points to the real truth behind the maya calendar. And I dont want some guy at a lecture and his opinion. Cold hard facts please.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
It amazes me that people all respond to the hype, rather than the detail. Then others swing the other way and claim that nothing will happen - which is simple contrarianism to the hype. 2012 marks the start of a new era. Those of you digital watch freaks who don't even know what century it is cos the year appears as '09' are not going to really relate to what an era is, so this is not targeted at you. For the rest ... 1998 marked the beginning of the final transition into the new calendar for the Mayans. There is an ionic belt which we are currently crossing which marks the end of our 36,000 year journey around the galaxy. The edge of the sun entered in 1998 and the other edge will exit at 11am on the 21st Dec 2012 when observing from southern Mexico. It's that simple. Associated with this event has been the coming polar flip - maybe, maybe not, is all I can say. That will undoubtedly bring about devastation, but when it will happen is only a guess. The earth's wobble is increasing and the magnetic north pole is not where it should be, but you do the guessing, I'll stick to the facts. Worse than all of this is the human-on-human devastation which will be caused by religious nuts. Perhaps it's the lack of oxygen in the atmosphere, perhaps it's the general psychosis that weak minds latch onto, perhaps it's the very function of religion - which is not spirituality, to implode human beings into psychotic self-fulfilling prophesies of doom. Israel is working really hard to start ww3 and so are elements in the US, Britain and the other psycho leaders of the world (too many to mention, but probably the order of priority is right here - Israel, US, Uk ... the rest, insignificant contributors to an epic disaster if one were to happen).

I have no doubt, that for the spiritual people of this world, the coming years will be a lot easier than for those who can only see and think in materialistic terms. The state of denial is going to be the last great hope for many, until coincidences start cracking that nut and those psycho's go completely nuts as a result of their entire delusion collapsing around them. Those with an open mind are going to simply enjoy the show, probably from a sane distance. Whilst the rest of you are freaking out in your apartments, waiting for it all to crash down around you ... I'll be surfing in paradise, waiting for the mother of all waves!

Hasta la Vista!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
Find me a study as conclusive as all the other evidence that points to the real truth behind the maya calendar. And I dont want some guy at a lecture and his opinion. Cold hard facts please.

Why don't you do your own research? You obviously have access to the Internet. Google it yourself, like the rest of us that have. This 2012 event is not some kind of mystical consciousness transformation shifting kind of thing as many have been lead to believe. Our solar systems crossing through the galactic plane is a REAL event that is approaching.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Thanks for the enlightening post on 2012. But think ill stick to doing my own research and come to my own conclusions. Thats the the problem, people listen to all sorts of rubbish without doing their own research.

From what ive learnt myself, 2012 is not just another number, and will not just be another year.

When you sift through the disinfo and nonsense, you will find that 2012 has a big significance.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Although I enjoy much of the subject matter on this site, stuff like this thread is why I never bothered investing in belonging to this community.

I think most of these fools who post such juvenile nonsense are nothing more than your average mountain-dew drinking, World of Warcraft Playing, Virgin Internet Troll. They get off on pissing on everyones parade on the internet. Probably because they would never say anything like that to someone in real life in a million years.

People got spoiled by Y2K. Y2K was a severley over-hyped non-event. 2012 is not. IF you take the time to read. And not just 2012-specific books, but materials on the Mayans themselves, related material, Astronomical material, etc.

NASA just released a report saying we could be in deep >SNIP< in 2012 because of what they are predicting the sun will do during the solar maximum. That has nothing to do with mthos, it's just science. And extremely severe Solar Maximum cycle can effect more than just electronics, but weather and earthquakes as well. (look into the sunspot activity of 2005 around the Katrina timeframe).

The astronomical alignments are very significant as well. And they all just happen to occur in 2012. Scientifically speaking, astro-physicists are worried about quit a number of possibilities regarding the crossing of the galactic equator.

They said "expect more big rocks in this area" and we are starting to see quite a few really big bolides. Not to mention a ton of other stuff. And if you keep tabs on the governments, you'll see a lot of suspicious activity. Seed-banks "in case of a cataclysmic event." Not long ago there was a government run on Mountain House freeze-dried food in #10 cans (last 27 years). And more and more.....

There is way more evidence FOR rougt times ahead than not. But, Trolls will do what Trolls do. Go back to your online fantasy worlds. You wizards of smart have nothing to worry about.

[Mod edit censor circumvention]

[edit on 1/20/2009 by yeahright]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
People really should stop taking everything ancient cultures predicted or pondered to heart as hard fact.

Do you really think that the sun was pushed across the sky by a giant beetle? Or that the moon is a god or goddess? Or the wind? Or that sacrificing people an an altar would be a 'good idea?'

No? Then perhaps you shouldn't consider things said by the Egyptians, Mayans, Sumerians or other ancient cultures as gospel. They were great astronomer? For their time, sure. We are MUCH greater astronomers now. They were able to discover thing we can't? Just.. no.

Believing one guys fabricated and fantastical ideas about the end of the world based on his misunderstood research isn't a good idea. Nothing is going to happen in 2012. You have to consider, that anything that drove ancient cultures were based on beliefs which we now know to be completely false. Stop buying into the ridiculous hype.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
Nothing is going to happen in 2012.

Now you see, that's just silly. How can YOU say that, unless you have some kind of mystical crystal ball of truth? How do YOU know nothing will happen? You're just making that up because I don't think anyone here could make that claim unless they were just guessing and making that up.

You have to consider, that anything that drove ancient cultures were based on beliefs which we now know to be completely false. Stop buying into the ridiculous hype.

"Ancient cultures" does not imply they were idiots. (sure, they may have had some crazy made up beliefs, like even humans have today .. i.e. god) For all you know, ancient cultures could have existed that were greater and more knowledgeable than our own. Heck, we, humans, could have originated from a great civilization that came to Earth from Mars, or from a planet that was destroyed during our solar systems last crossing through the galactic plane.

Haven't you ever wondered how these (so-called) ancient civilizations knew about our solar systems position within our galaxy when (so-called) modern man hadn't figured it out until more recently? Our modern calendar is based upon nothing, whereas the Mayan (and other ancient) civilizations based theirs on the galaxy and our position within it. How did these ancients KNOW THAT, and know it without all the (so-called) sophisticated telescopes and other gadgets we have today?

The galactic equinox is not myth conjured up by a bunch of primitive nut cases. It's a real event. Take a look around the Earth and other planets within our solar system. Look at the physical evidence that surrounds us today. If you spent even a few weeks researching this for yourself, you would have to come to the same conclusion as us that have looked into this for ourselves. The crossing of the galactic plane is a real up-coming event, and it is very doubtful that THIS TIME nothing will happen as YOU seem to proclaim.

Do yourselves a little favor and research this for yourselves. Or, if you want to live in denial, fine, that's your right .. but please stop "making up" disinformation crystal ball based proclamations that nothing will happen, because you're doing a disservice to those that may WANT to know the truth.

Consider this too - what you may think you know about the history our world could be LIES too, handed down by others that have some hidden reason or agenda to spread disinformation and lies. The galactic equinox is NOT myth, and neither are the dramatic Earth changes that accompany each crossing. Educate yourselves and you will discover it can't be denied.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Maybe we shuold go to Central America and ask the Mayan Peoples still living there about what this date means to them? Surely the Mayans would have retained some knowledge of why 2012 may have possibly been significant even if their Empire is destroyed.

The Ottoman empire and Roman Empires no longer exist, but we still have Italian and Turkish peoples.

In any case, regardless of what happens when we cross whatever galactic place we cross, I cannot stop a tidal wave a hundred feet high from crashing into the Florida coastline. I cannot stop the Earth from splitting on and swallowing a city. I cannot stop a volcano from shooting ash and fire down onto our land and people. I cannot stop a several hundred square mile powerful storm from hitting the Southeast US, or Southeast Asia, or the Northern Indian Ocean territories. And neither can anyone else on Earth.

The only thing that is going to happen in 2012 is that some people will die, and others will live, just like any other day, week, month, or year on Planet Earth. Whether or not there will be an event that will reset the human power balance of our civilizations is not a choice anyone on Earth will be able to determine. So I will just live in peace that I have just as much in common with an ant or an elephant when it comes to handling my presence on Earth regardless of how others want me to think.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

i have one thing to say to you... shut the hell up you superstitious freak. "oarr were all gonna die cause its the end of the mayan calendar and some thoerists say its the end of world, waa waa waaaaa...TWO WORDS, GROW UP... pff

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Here's the problem with 2012. There is a real planet in our solar system thats called planet x. When it orbits around the Sun and near earth the gravitational pull of that planet will create massive natural disasters. Just like how our moon affects changes in tidel waves today. So it really comes down to how badly our planet will be affected by the gravitational pull of planet x. Mayan calender predicts the end of times. Maybe its going to be a transformation into a new reality. Think about now many times this planet went through extreme changes in climate and geological changes. This just can be another change, doesnt mean the end of the world.
EJ2012

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
why? cause numbers are something we humans have assigned to bring order to chaos. We cant stand the idea of chaos in its true manifestation. So what do we do?

Are you saying that "2012" is just a number or "all numbers" are "just numbers"?

If it is the first of the two then I completely agree. The number 2012 is a fad but none the less, maybe there will be some cool movies about it!

If there was a 99% chance of a meteor hitting earth in 2012, then I would not look at it as "just a number"...but that is not the case now is it

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
hear is something you should be concerned about.Put this in youtube. Scientists - "Major Solar Storms in 2012" Sorry for no link it wouldnt work.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by humanaqurian]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Wow... People can go on. I dont know what is going to happen, or what isnt going to happen but one thing's for sure, whatever happenes I'm gonna still end up kicking ass on Resistanct 2(PS3)

People: Life is too short to worry about stuff. Wait until stuff has happened, that way it will be too late to worry, thus saving your self alot of misery.
My Nan told me that, just in different words.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The sheeple of this earth would love to see "the rapture", or "armaggedon" or whatever happening in their lifetimes. They always schedule the exact year for these things.

Before Y2K there were other predictions, after Y2K comes 2012 and after 2012 stay sharp for 2026 , then 2058, 2073, 2099, 2021, etc.

Low iq people need to believe that "end is coming".. They don't know any better. We laugh at ancient civilizations for their stupid religions and rituals.. but many forget that the present civilization is just as , or even more stupid, insane and dangerous, then the others that perished. This one shall perish just like the others before, but not because of some mystical event.. but by their own stupidity end evilness.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I hope something does happen in 2012. That means i'll get to view a calamity of epic proportions. I might even get to get off this planet dead or alive

I do have a backup plan if nothing happens. I'll go to work, maybe seduce a lady and have a family. You know, normal stuff in leu of doom.

!!!!!Doooooom!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I love self serving posts..... Esp from someone who posts without a name. Brilliant. Lack of evidence beyond conjecture and predictions? Start name calling. The juvinile ones are the name callers where I come from.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
massive underground bunkers to house entire country's populations in northern europe?

global "seed bank" being built by the world's richest people?

additional funding for massive FEMA camps nation-wide being passed in congress only in anticipation of disaster...

almost a complete decade of virtually NO solar activity?

space weather experts from nasa forecasting dire impacts of a sudden solar storm?

worldwide earthquake and volcanic activity on the rise?

we pass through the galactic plane at the very very end of 2012 (so you should really be talking about 2013).. the one area of the galaxy's ecliptic that is comprised of the most dense area of random matter.. which will interact with the sun, causing more violent activity.. thusly affecting our own magnetosphere..

hey man.. have fun toying around on the internet trying to argue with nasa and government emergencies predicting issues that correlate with this phenomena... i mean at least hat would be more fun than trying to challenge the public's fear mongering about it's reality.

-

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join