It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012. its just a number. Move On

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
That's it. nothing more, nothing less. a few bucks will be made, millions in the box office, and then we will all move on to the next big date. why? cause numbers are something we humans have assigned to bring order to chaos. We cant stand the idea of chaos in its true manifestation. So what do we do? WE assign the end of days, true chaos if you will, a nice neat number Dec of 2012. My ho convenient.

The Mayans were great astrologers, they knew when the age of Aquarius would come. We took their interpretations and fit it in with our calendar. They would laugh at us if they were around now. Just do me a favor. Buy your survival gear now before the entrepreneurs raise all the prices and leech of the ignorant.

Maybe that way, you will get somewhat of a return for them on ebay for the next date.

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 24 Jan 09 by Gools]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I don't think anyone actually tried saying that events could happen in 2012 because of the significane of the number itself. Of course, the chances of something of epic proportion occuring are near non-existant.

Personally, I'd probably be really happy if something happens, just so I can see all the people that laughed at the theory get into a panic. Although, it's looking to be more definite that the sceptic will get the last laugh again.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

the HubBub of 2012 bothers me as well. I can all too easily imagine people MAKING something happen just because it is expected, similar to how if some big shot goes on the news and says "the stock market is headed for big trouble" then sure enough people heed his warning, take their money out, and what do ya know, the market goes down within 24 hours of his statement. When i think about the fact that the Mayan calander and a few other phophecies all end in 2012 it tells me that this is because there were too many possible outcomes for any of them to venture a guess. 2012 could be a great opprotunity for us to start getting some things right for a change, indeed i do think some type of big event will happen, but i believe this is simply a symptom of us believing that something must happen.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I don't think anything will happen either...

But i can tell you i would definately be a bit worried on the 21st of Dec 2012, but then again i'd probbaly have consumed a few beers that day while playing xbox and i woulda forgotten all about it.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The 2012 date is an estimation of the point where the progressive wobble is supposed to right itself.The reason the Mayan calendar stops there is because the star alignment will be slightly different.So a calendar set up on the old stellar alignment wouldn't work. Simple as that.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

U think that wobble will affect my xbox live connection ?

I'd be really pissy if it does!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Gears Of War

you play halo? whut's yur user name? U2U it to me and ill pwn u on some halo.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Halo ? Pfffttt!

Halo is the worst game ever!

i got Halo 3 for free with my 360 and im planning on giving it away for free, thats how crappy it is

Now gears of war 2, u wanna play that ? i'll "pwn" ur arse ( as u say )

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Ummmmm...Yeah. Well, whenever you lovers are done with each other...

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
So, you're saying that our solar systems crossing through the galactic plane will happen without any incident or affect here on Earth, which BTW runs contrary to what we know has happened the last two times our solar system has crossed through the dark rift? On what do you bases this conclusion of your? How do you know nothing will happen THIS TIME? Or are you just making this up? Care to share your proof with us?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

Yeah

And care to tell me how in the hell the Mayans predicted astronomical galactic alignment of such proportions with nothing more than clay gold and a mathematics system we know nothing about? No telescopes.

Hahahahahaha, I found your post INFERIOR. WE know NO more about what will happen than hell we DONT know what will happen.

WWJD!!!!! WWJD DAMNIT WWJDWWJDWWJDWWJDWWJDWWJDWWJD
WWJDWWJDWWJDWWJDWWJDWWJD
WWJDWWJDWWJDWWJDWWJDWWJD
WWJDWWJDWWJDWWJDWWJD
BAHAHHAHA....

Sorry.

I'm agnostic by the way.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by Revolution-2012]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
They would laugh at us if they were around now.

And how do you know this?

Do you know them that well, or are you just making this all up?

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
WE know NO more about what will happen than hell we DONT know what will happen.

Good to see someone actually admitting that, instead of pretending to know the future.

[edit on 16/1/09 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
And care to tell me how in the hell the Mayans predicted astronomical galactic alignment of such proportions with nothing more than clay gold and a mathematics system we know nothing about? No telescopes.

Who the hell knows, them damn crusading superstitious ones destroyed most all of the Mayan records when they went on their little hissy fit rampage around the world.

Hahahahahaha, I found your post INFERIOR. WE know NO more about what will happen than hell we DONT know what will happen.

Well then why don't you take a little time and research what we do know instead of advertising your ignorance, ha.

BAHAHHAHA....

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

yeah i wish others was like him and being honest

WE AINT GOT A CLUE lol

sup rev

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Well for all those 2012 believer crowd when your world comes to an end I'll be sitting here swilling my scotch and wonder how it all ended for you and then I'll fire up my custom home made PC Beast gaming box log on to some Source and

1&|25QU0;LL 0wn 4LL 0f y0U n00B5, 7H3n 1&|25QU0;LL |21p y0U|2 CH34p X80x 360 4n|] P53 f|20M 7H3 w4L 4n|] 7H|20w 7H3M 0n 7H3 fL00|2 4n|] 570Mp 7H3M fL47 w17H My 3xC3LL3n7 5K1LL5 4n|] H34|]5H075

[edit on 16-1-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus

Well then why don't you take a little time and research what we do know instead of advertising your ignorance, ha.

BAHAHHAHA....

Low blow partner. And it's irrelevant to anything I said, did I say 2012 was the end of the world? No.

What we DO know is the alignment of all planets, and the change into Aquarius and that is ALL we know.

However do you know if a super plague is going to hit tommorow and wipe out all inhabitants of the earth in a few days? No. You do not.

So until then you have prooved NO MORE than what the 2012 END OF WORLD fanatics have prooved.

And just so you know, I don't believe 2012 will be the end of the world.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Tell me, how much time have ya'll spent researching what happens when our solar system crosses the galactic plane? How many books have you read about this subject? How many scientific research reports have you read? Haven't you ever wondered about what happens when the poles shift? Ever wonder what happened to Atlantis? Or why there is a tropical forest buried under the south pole? Or what happened to the dinosaurs? Or why core samples taken from the Earth indicate dramatic sudden significant Earth changes occurred during the last crossing of the galactic plane? What do you nah-sayers base your assurances on that nothing will happen THIS TIME when the Earth passes through the dark rift or when the poles shift again? What makes you think THIS TIME nothing bad will happen? Reveal your evidence, if you can, if you dare.
(me thinks ya'll can't because you haven't done any investigative research on this subject, but go ahead, prove me wrong, lol)

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

Ummm I could really care less what happens. I'll have the day marked on my calendar...

*NAKED BARBEQUE DAY*

And I will stand outside naked in a green robe with green furries on it, and a golden wand.

And I will proceed to barbeque shrimp, mahi mahi, chicken, steak, ribs, halibat, rock kad, all sorts of nice stuff. I'll have some Lays sourcream and onion and bbq flavored chips. Some KFC masterpiece bbq sausce. some jalapenos....mmmm.... now i'm hungry.

Damnit I wish it was here already so I could be naked and barbeque in the cold ass weather.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

How do I know this? Well every time any topic revolved around anthropology comes up, and my knowledge is questioned... I feel its pertinent to tell you im getting my ph d in anthropology with an emphasis in archeology.Others on this site say im showing off, although I dont know why getting a degree in something is showing off. So I do know a tad about the maya culture. And yes, they would laugh at us for turning their simple calendar into a doomsday, ascension day device. Dont believe me? Take the time, go to your local college, community or otherwise, and go ask the head of the anthro dept about their views on what the maya calendar means.

After giving a condescending chuckle, because they get that question in every intro 101 class, they'lll explain how the maya calendar was divided into two parts. So he or she will ask you if its the short round calendar or the long count calendar that predicts this doomsday. Both have cycles that repeat and, when translated into our every day calendar, can never be matched correctly. IT simply stops. Not a predictor, it just stops. As others do. The mystery and lure to this calendar is that it stops, as does the civilization. The Mayas have become folklore because no one knows how or why their civilization ceased to exist. My opinion is the use of slash and burn for crops caught up with them, and they dwindled down to minuscule numbers.

So since they've been giving the lost city of Atlantis mystique, the calendar that stops now carries that same mystique. Add that with all the new age theories of ascension, and the strange egocentric thought of your generation will somehow be the generation to face the end of the world. And we have the 2012 Phenomenon.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
lol man that made me laugh harrrrd

LOL xD

dont send me an invite to the BBQ tho!!! LOL

think ill have my own !!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join