It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6000 year old earth theory taught to kids - is it right?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

When did the start teaching this? Even with "Scientific Proof" of our Earth being more than 6000 years old and still they go on teaching it?

.......................................hopefully those children drown or atleast dont mate giving this trash a new generation to spread through.

That's a little too much
but let them forget it or get the real deal drilled it to their heads.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Well i think it is wrong to teach kids about the Big Bang as the right beginning. When we know that there are older galaxies then our own. Meaning there must have been a beginning somewhere else before ours.

What do we really know about the beginning. Not a whole lot if you ask me.
But there is a lot of opinions and theories. If scientists turn the Clock back on their own thoughts and theories they start to meat difficulties explaining.
The beginning is still a philosophy within science there is no proof of it. We cant repeat it and we didn't observe it when it happened.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
Well i think it is wrong to teach kids about the Big Bang as the right beginning.
When we know that there are older galaxies then our own.

Meaning there must have been a beginning somewhere else before ours.
What do we really know about the beginning.
Not a whole lot if you ask me.

Well, current quantum science speculation suggests the universe is just the result of two other (parent?) universes glancing of each other.

It has also come to light that the universe may be 'one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively' so god (if god exists) is 'inside' not 'outside'.

Results also suggest there could be a great many alternate universes existing alongside ours.

Its all a bit vague at the moment but there have been some startling results.

The beginning is still a philosophy within science there is no proof of it.

Yes,I agree but the best way to arrive at fundamental truth is to employ the objective,impartial,dispassionate and analytical method.

The alternative to this (which is relying on non provable opinion,speculation and conjecture based on superstition,fear or ignorance) is all well and good - its just that it doesn't usualy yield many reliable results.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
You have the right to bring up your children in the faith that you believe.

If one of the aspects of your faith is this, then so be it. That's fine.

I remember one story about faculty at college teaching anatomy.

Many kids of certain religions believed that men had one less rib than women because women were created from a mans rib.

The faculty member actually had the students count the ribs on the skeleton of a woman and the skeleton of a man.

In the end the truth is the truth regardless of what you've been taught.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
the bible does not say that the earth is 6000 years old but that man is 6000 years old. it teaches that by the sixth day the world and almost everything in it was created by god. 6 is the number of man and that is why we were created on the 6th day. the earth was created waay before mankind was. and if you think it was a literal week then you have no idea what your talking about. quit going around telling everyone that the bible says the earth is 6000 years old. you dont know squat. and if someone claims they are christian and is going around telling people the bible says the earth is 6000 years old then they way off base themselves. if you want to know then go to the bible itself. dont act like you know when you dont. people need to understand what a day is in the eyes of the creator. oh yeah there were beings here before mankind too and the bible goes into that as well and if you dont know that little story then you dont know the basics.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by Funkydung]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

I have a question to the quantum theory. I have read somewhere that some also sagest that quantum is just noise from other matter or energy.

Could there be a reality to that!

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
Well i think it is wrong to teach kids about the Big Bang as the right beginning. When we know that there are older galaxies then our own. Meaning there must have been a beginning somewhere else before ours.
you do relise they like our galaxy were formed in the same big bang

its not a big bang for our galaxy and 1 for every other galaxy

if you mean other universes, its theoretical but the maths is good, and still the big bang is what formed our universe

as Karl said if the M hypothesis is correct, two brains collided and thats what kick started the bigbang on our brain (and by brain no i dont mean the thing in your head)

What do we really know about the beginning. Not a whole lot if you ask me.
what we know about our beginging is reasonable until we reach the event its self, when our ability to further ends

lots of evidence and correct predictions point to the bigbang happened, what casued it ...were not sure but its bieng worked on

But there is a lot of opinions and theories.
your misusing the word theory in a scientific context again

theory in science is not just having an idea its somthing thats proven to happen or hold at least a reasonable if not highly detailed description of an event or events

If scientists turn the Clock back on their own thoughts and theories they start to meat difficulties explaining.
only at the first split second, quantum deals with the very small, general relativity deals with large masses

the singularity was both very small and had great mass, quantum and general relativity dont work well together which is why string and other quantum models are an effort to bridge the differances so they work together

The beginning is still a philosophy within science there is no proof of it. We cant repeat it and we didn't observe it when it happened.

the begginging yes until we can find the bridge between quantum and general relativity it is more philosophical science then actual science

what happened after it began to expand and spread out we understand(to a degree) and theres more then enough evidence to suggest we got it right

no we cant repeat it we wouldnt want to, and no we didnt observe it either

you cant repeat killing a specific person, and if it wasnt observed your left with the evidence to piece together how they died when they died and who killed them, the big bang is a huge murder mystery one we have the victim the culprit the actions of both during and after the incident, its just the motive and what happened prior we want/need to find out

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

got any links?

id like to see who's saying it, why, when and what exactly they are saying

i dont think quantum been under question since Einstein lead the last charge of scientific debate against it

i kow string theory went through a couple of rough patches with its doughters and still is, but thats a seperate issue to quantum as a whole

[edit on 30/1/09 by noobfun]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Teach the scientific theories in science classes. Teach the 6000 year opinion, plus other creation stories, in religion class. The constitution doesn't prohibit the teaching of religion in public schools. SCOTUS states that one religion can't be taught.
I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
There also have some very old artefacts which are dated more than 6000 years, so in the near future the science can not deny anymore the facts.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
It still eludes me how people who mindlessly believe in extraterrestrial visitation, 9/11 hoaxes, and any number of nutty conspiracy theories thinks its completely unreasonable that science is intentionally misleading us.

But whatever. People believe what they believe no matter how nutty it may seem to everyone else.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Where do they get the 6000 year old lie from?
Because it isn't in the Bible.
Someone has clearly made this rubbish up.
How on earth would we find remains and fossils of people who are 1 million + years old

en.wikipedia.org...

Origins
Some YECs have claimed that this view has its earliest roots in Judaism, citing, for example, the commentary on Genesis by Ibn Ezra (c. 1089–1164).
However, Shai Cherry of Vanderbilt University notes that Jewish theologians have generally rejected such literalist interpretations of the written text, and that even Jewish commentators who oppose some aspects of Darwinian thought generally accept scientific evidence that the Earth is much older.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainCaveMan
Where do they get the 6000 year old lie from? Because it isn't in the Bible.

Look up Bishop Usher...he took the Bible, and counted all the 'begats' backwards. So while it is not in the Bible, it is of the Bible. That, in some circles, is good enough.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
These people should not be allowed to teach childern this nonsense they are brainwashing these poor childern, if these people get their way we will have witch hunts and witch burning again, I fear for our future if these people ever get into power

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Oh gosh...

The best part is that all those kids can now not become: archaeologists, geologists, perhaps physicists, biologists, zoologists, anthropologists...

Because what they would learn in college would completely contradict what they're learning as part of this creationism thing.

If anyone tried to teach my kids that, if I ever had kids, I would do more than sue...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13

Oh gosh...

The best part is that all those kids can now not become: archaeologists, geologists, perhaps physicists, biologists, zoologists, anthropologists...

Because what they would learn in college would completely contradict what they're learning as part of this creationism thing.

If anyone tried to teach my kids that, if I ever had kids, I would do more than sue...

RS thanks for the reply -I tend to agree with you there

IMHO the adults in the video should not be allowed anywhere near children - I could be accused of being overly melodramatic but to my mind
its just a diluted form of child abuse.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Funkydung

So I take it you don't agree with the actions of the two men in the video?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join