It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Depression ahead, prepare for stock rout: SocGen

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Depression ahead, prepare for stock rout: SocGen

www.reuters.com

LONDON (Reuters) - Societe Generale said on Thursday that the United States' economy looks likely to enter a depression and China's could implode.

In a highly bearish note, veteran cross asset strategist Albert Edwards said investors should now cut equity exposure after a turn-of-the-year rally and prepare for a rout.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
themessthatgreenspanmade.blogspot.com

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I don't like where this is going

It's one thing to call for a depression - you don't have to look very far in the "alternate news" section of the internet to find forecasts like this and they've been a constant for many, many years - but to hear an analyst at a major firm predict a depression, that's a little different.

When this same analyst also recommended buying stocks two months ago, then it become something of a curiosity.

Related News Links:
themessthatgreenspanmade.blogspot.com

Prepare yourselves

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1-15-09 by atoms.2008]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
How does an economy "implode"?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
hey that was a one liner
so there must be some way I can avoid that
but ask the same question that just jumps out
at the reader and denier of ignorance seeker
"HOW DOES AN ECONOMY IMPLODE?"
What does that mean?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
im·plode
(ĭm-plōd') Pronunciation Key
v. im·plod·ed, im·plod·ing, im·plodes

v. intr.
To collapse inward violently.
v. tr.

1. To cause to collapse inward violently.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
China holds a few trillion dollars of our assets, we are also their largest consumer.

If our government keeps printing money like they are doing those assets are losing value. So they are sitting on X trillion that is soon to be worth X million or even worse what ever comes after trillion because of hyperinflation, American's quit consuming, and I also read somewhere were the Chinese have valued there currency at 5 times than its really worth.

So in reality China's economy is directly tied to ours because we consume such a large amount of products from China it allows them to be able to trade their currency at 5 times whats its worth.

American economy collapses and so does China's. China goes through massive deflation and loses their butts in their investments = a state of chaos because their economy is based off a lie.

It is going to be very interesting times. I wonder how they are going to keep up the illusion that there isn't a central power base controlling the money supply when people won't fight for the gov because they don't have money to pay them.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I remember hearing at least 2 months ago that many factories and businesses in China were shutting down because they are sort of going through the same type of credit crisis as in the U.S. , there was a story of a large factory that did not have the money to pay their workers and it could not borrow the money for payroll, they had to shut down without notice.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Ever wonder if this depression in states is being planned only to strike at China? Consider they have already planned the U.S. new currency, being the Amero.

I couldn't see any nation able to stop the combination of an allied NAU and EU once the middle east is destroyed and China has crashed.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by Techsnow]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Edit: Forgot my new years resolution to stop commenting on this inane doom and gloom propaganda. NM

[edit on 15-1-2009 by LowLevelMason]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
How does an economy "implode"?

Like this:

100's of trillions in derivatives set to collapse

Keep in mind that was predicted in early 2008 as ppl started to
see the shell game ppl were playing by hiding bad debts in derivatives
on the unlisted and unregulated OTC market.

That is how they bypassed the SEC and hid how bad things really
have been for some time.

It has all been a stall tactic.

Other ppl have written about the dirty deeds side of it in great detail:

Quadrillion dollar powder keg ready to blow

This was done on purpose and the ppl that did it know the end result.

The dollar to be replaced by the Amero

*courtesy of CNBC

It is part of a larger plan for the NAU and the rest of their plans.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
If we are headed for a major depression, I wish everybody here the best of luck, Please everybody just be smart with your lives right now, and do what you can to prepare for the worst, I remember stories my grandma would tell about the Great Depression and some stories would bring me to tears, So well see what the future holds, I hope it will get better but plan on the worst.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I dont feel comfortable with the source and many people have been predicting the fall of the American Imperialist Monetary system, but is this in part wishing that American economy will fail so as to feel better than them? Do they not realize that as we fall so will they?

These types of claims are a dime a dozen these days, however common sense tells you that they are on to something.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Okay here it is we are ALREADY in a DEPRESSION you just havent been told its okay to say so yet. The unemployments true percentage was at 18.6% at the end of November.(U-6) Thats the whole of the base of it, not just the "NEW" filings that they have been reporting.

They are putting out these news pieces to get people used to the idea so that when they anounce it after the prez takes office it wont be total mayhem. There is going to be alot more of these stories all saying the same thing in the days to come. Hopefully people will listen and we wont have such a horrible time with it.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
...and I suppose he believes the FTSE is immune from this? Their markets have mirrored the drops in our markets almost perfectly so far, so I find it curious that he fails to include the UK in his prediction. Hell, Russia's market has been a complete bloodbath, even when compared to the free falls the rest of the globe has seen in the past 3 months, why does he choose not to include them?

There's an old addage: When you point your finger at someone, there are 3 fingers pointing back at you. Everytime I see where some foreigner is predicting the worst for America, I am reminded of that saying. They're simply trying like hell to convince themselves that the guys leading the pack will fall by the wayside while they'll somehow miraculously remain standing and never break stride.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Am I the only one that is looking forward to another great depression?

I am just not a high energy person, I wouldn't call it depressed exactly but others would, I can just picture people not being able to cope with a great depression, but those like me will act like it's any other day which will be happy compared to how those that can't cope will take it, okay I'm not exactly looking forward to it, but I'm prepared for it if it happens.

Also I have no money, so being broke won't bother me, I've always been perplexed why falling stocks would result in someone jumping out a window, they apparently worship money, money only controlls you, of course I'm controlled by it, but since I'm not running after it like others I really am controlled by it less.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Techsnow
Ever wonder if this depression in states is being planned only to strike at China? Consider they have already planned the U.S. new currency, being the Amero.

I couldn't see any nation able to stop the combination of an allied NAU and EU once the middle east is destroyed and China has crashed.

That same exact thought has crossed my mind more than once. I think you might be on to something!

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Boy, talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Something tells me if the PTB wanted to maintain the USA as world leader they wouldn’t have exported all of our industries and manufacturing overseas.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by tac109
If we are headed for a major depression, I wish everybody here the best of luck, Please everybody just be smart with your lives right now, and do what you can to prepare for the worst, I remember stories my grandma would tell about the Great Depression and some stories would bring me to tears, So well see what the future holds, I hope it will get better but plan on the worst.

One of the things that will prevent starvation is get and plant
amaranth seeds like a modern day johnny appleseed.

They are one of the few complete plant proteins.

Amaranth - one of the few complete plant proteins

Plant some in various places in case you lose your home, etc etc.

You can get the seeds online non-GMO very cheap.

Not my first choice for food, but if it came to starvation I'd be
eating this and carrots.

Good Luck to you all !

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by resistor

Boy, talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Something tells me if the PTB wanted to maintain the USA as world leader they wouldn’t have exported all of our industries and manufacturing overseas.

It has all been planned, their goal is carved in stone.

The Georgia Guidestones - 6.1 billion ppl wanted dead

If you get a chance read "Limits to Growth" which is some of the
mind cheese for the ppl at The Club of Rome, and Committee of 300.

These are also Bilderberg groupies, and it all ties in to this.

Codex Alimentarus - non-GMO food to be outlawed by Dec. 2009

If you control the food, you can control the ppl.

It is funny the last ppl to use this EXACT term for a food program
were the German Nazi's.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Boy I'm already depressed, thinking about my stocks, now this? whoa is me, and my stocks

top topics

<<   2 >>

join