It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The correct year is 5769?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Nothing could happen. But that is not what I am saying. Look up project looking glass. It is as if the earth is going through something so huge it can not be predicted accurately. People have been able to catch a possible glimpse of future events but after the year 2012 it is static.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

do you know why its static?

people lack vision....

simple.. oh wait roll on 2013!! hope im drunk then aswell

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by theresult

2013 will come indeed. I never said it wouldn't.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

look at it this way.. many many people dont get to see tomorrow let alone 2012..

we cant predict the end of the world.. its simple

sure we can predict some events like.. the weather! and the seasons.. and well alot tbh.. lol but not the downfall of mankind as we know it...

and even IF we was to know our own fate / enligteining

look out your window... THATS real VERY VERY REAL..

Dont be scared by some dumbass dates..

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I'm not scared of the date. Thats my point, there is nothing to be scared of. Humanity is going through a transformation as is mother earth and from the experience mankind will evolve.

Like you were going on in that other thread it's more about survival and the process of natural selection. There really is nothing to fear other than ignorance and if you are ignorant then you wouldn't know or think of fearing it.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   

yea i talk about it alot becouse thats what i have learnd.

to stay alive as a race.

I know i wont and my loop will end but for humanity i wish we could and i wish i could see us flurish and not stagnate.. and die off

I want to be the aliens or god.. or well something close lol

but we do need to focus on being alive and stop killing each other

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Well thats the one thing you can do. Otherwise you have no control over the situation. Humans will evolve on their own time, it may not be painless getting there but all you have to do to attain it is survive. Humanity on earth is gaining momentum and advancing beyond a controllable rate, it is inevitable.

If you join in to the killing, you would have forfeit some of the much better things that are in store for us. The only thing you can do is help create critical mass, stay alive, look over your family and serve others.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mikey84

People who lived in say 200BC didn’t have the year called 200BC (they couldn’t called it “Before Christ” – they didn’t know he was coming).

LOL yes I know that so what did they call it then? Obviously 'we' have adopted that to indicate Christ's death so what system/calendar did they use?

I realise that the calendars are different for different countries & civilisations ... quite frustrating to find out what is the first starting point?

cheers

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Spectre0o0

Umm... we dont use the julian calendar, we use the Gregorian

sorry for the one liner...

[edit on 16-1-2009 by cyberpilot]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Today is Stardate 62516.5

trekguide.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Well I have come back to this because I don't understand it.

Does that mean I am a complete idiot?
Maybe..but I don't get how in one country the year can be completely different to another country.

?????? It just doesn't make sense...same with the starting at zero!

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
So the world is only 5769 years old?

I dont think so. And the history of mankind goes much further back than that as well. Proven through archeology.

Oh I don't think that...obviously that is a possible date from the time human beings figured out how to measure the day/time.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
A few clarifications...

Pope Gregory XIII adjusted the Julian calendar because of leap years. The Julian calendar had 1 leap year every four years, like the Gregorian calendar, except the Gregorian calendar removed leap years at the beginning of centuries (except centuries dividable by 4). 2000 was a leap year; 1900 was not, neither was 1800 nor 1700. 1600 was.

Before the Gregorian calendar, and before it became widely adopted, years were, generally throughout history, calculated by reigns. For example, you would talk about a specific event and say it happened in the 15th year of the reign of Augustus, or the 12th year of the reign of Tiberius, or 2nd year of the reign of Caligula or 5th year of the reign of Claudius. That's all nice and well, except that if you don't know whether Claudius came before of after Caligula of where Tiberius is in relation to all of this, it gets complicated.

Gregory's scientists put together a historical map of worldwide events in order to establish a date based on what was assumed, to the best of their knowledge, to be the birth of Jesus. They used histories of Europe, the middle East and everything they could find. The date is probably wrong. It makes more sense that this is something like 1655 rather than 2009, but that's a whole subject altogether...

So, in 36 BC, Romans would not have said "this is the year 36 BC" or -36 (they weren't Christians: nobody was at that time). They would have said "This is the first year of the reign of Augustus".

Hope this helps.

Here's a Wiki on the Gregorian calendar: WIKI

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ajmusicmedia

Well consider this. When Julius Caesar changed to the julian calendar in 46 BC, he took a system with 13 months that was completely accurate and replaced it with a less accurate version. Theres twelve months now and he has his bloodline perched high on the chain of command, the reason, to conceal the true identity of Jesus Christ, Ptolemy XV- Caesarion. These modifications were never made until several generations had passed however. That and a bunch of problem/reaction/solution type stuff.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
You know, it really does not matter..... allow me to explain.

The calendar is only a means of tracking time past, present and future.

Now, in a perfect world, we would all use the same one.

However, we don't live in a prefect world.

So long as there are conversion's that allow different calendars to work at the same time.

I mean that we know that 2009=more or less 57XX, we can all be on the same page.

Like everything else. their is no one thing that everyone in the world will agree with.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Was this thread created today because according to the Byzantine calender Today is the first day of the creation of the world and the correct year is 7518?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

When thinking about these difficult concepts remember this...WORLD is not the same as EARTH.

This difference is minor but very important. Ask yourself...do I know the difference between a World and the Earth? Just to give you a head start...Worlds are founded upon the Earth...but they are different. So yes...the Jewish World can be 5769, the Byzantine world can be 7518 and the Chrisitan World can be 2009, all at the same time, while the Earth is 5 Billion years old.

The Jewish Calender probably begins the night the seven Sons of Canaan, took 7 cities from the sons of Japeth or maybe from the time that Abram left Ur of the Chaldees...I am not Jewish, but a rabbi'll tell you. Some event such as that marks the founding their version of Adam's world upon the Earth.

The Byzantine calender seems to be the one that started upon the fall of Adam and Eve in Eden...this particular calender is notable because it shows the great 5 and a half days between the fall and the arrival of Jesus; while the Julian calender begins from the time the Romans and Jews, under the direction of an Indian witch, murdered Jesus.

For all of you guys who are confusing the Age of the Earth, with the age of a World...you are also correct...the Earth is much older, worlds on the other hand are not. There can be more than one World, as long as Adam is fallen, his World is everlasting and overcomes the entire Earth; No other has even been close to building anything like what he built. Worlds go to war with one another, as you can see is going on now.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by IDK88]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

he took a system with 13 months that was completely accurate

That's not entirely true, calendars based on the lunar cycle (having 12 or 13 months) such as the Jewish calendar don't exactly mesh with the solar year. So you will always have the need to make adjustments.

Jewfaq.org will give you the lowdown on the year of creation as given in the Jewish calendar which is what the year 5769 represents.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by Blackmarketeer]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Very alarming thread for two reasons:

A) Some people don't understand the concept of a calendar being a human construct.

B) Some people really think something is going to happen in 2012.

Just...sad.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Well I guess once we are visited by aliens and they make there presence known we will alll switch over to BA & AC. BA would be befor aliens AC would be after contact. We all just wonder when that will be.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join