It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The correct year is 5769?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
not 2009...

Doesn't it say in the Bible that someone changed the times and dates?

You have selected:

Friday, January 16, 2009

The corresponding Jewish date is:

Tevet 20, 5769

Schedule email reminder

Convert another Date

*IMPORTANT: This calculation may be off by a day, click here for more information.
Jewish Calendar

And why with BC do we count backwards to zero and then count forwards to 2009? Seems a bit odd to count backwards. What society would live like that?

What an absurdity.

Yes I know BC & AD correspond to birth and death of Christ.

Weird though.
Also so much for 2012... lol we are way past that date.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by Thurisaz]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Actually we aren't long past 2012. It's not like the mayan even gave the date 2012. When you see people using numerology and stuff with the 2012 date, you will know it's a farce right away because of what you mention. People are just converting the Mayan date into our date of 2012. Just like you converted the dates here.

The position of the stars is generally the best calandar. Can't be edited or changed, only the position of them changes, so if you know the positions and see the change, then just by looking at the stars you could figure out a pretty close date. Using something as a guide or steady point, you could eventually do the math to find the exact date.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I think that they calculated BC and AD in when they came to the date of 2012 from the Mayan date.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

if you think just the jewish calender is right,why don't you date the checks you write with that year?
the accepted,or julian calender is a standard modern reference point to let you know in today's world what day it is.
the chinese have a different date,and i'm sure that there are many religions and races with different years.but even the julian calender has been disputed,every calender is just a perspective.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by Spectre0o0]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spectre0o0

if you think just the jewish calender is right,why don't you date the checks you write with that year?
the accepted,or julian calender is a standard modern reference point to let you know in today's world what day it is.
kinda seems that commenting on this can only be looked at as anti-semite... are you trolling?

um ... are you suggesting I am anti jewish?

sorry don't get your point. I am interested in the difference between the Jewish/Babylonian Calendar (from Abraham days) and the calendar we use today.

This calendar is used in Israel. So I could write cheques out corresponding to the date 5769 in Israel?

Dont you think it is really strange that there is such a difference with the calendars?

That is my point. And the count backwards to zero then forward is absurd but perhaps necessary for historical timeline/estimates?

Just wonder in 20BCE did they celebrate the new year by saying "Yeah! Its now 19 BCE..."

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
The position of the stars is generally the best calandar. Can't be edited or changed, only the position of them changes, so if you know the positions and see the change, then just by looking at the stars you could figure out a pretty close date. Using something as a guide or steady point, you could eventually do the math to find the exact date.

Just reading some info on it now:

Nasa explains Jewish Calendar

Quite interesting but confusing too.

Hmm which calendar is right? Can we be absolutely sure?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Hahaha, this is funny.
No calendar is "right"
And the 2012 date comes from the end of the Mayan long count. They did not say "2012" but it was calculated from the knowledge that the Mayans expected a certain number of cycles, and we know how long each cycle was.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

kinda shot that one off too quick. the difference ,like i said ,is perspective.i was editing that when you replied.
you can catch a good descriptionof the differences here:

LINK

I think it was the summarians who started using numbered years in 3500BC. the link gives you the partiulars in when the julian was started.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by Spectre0o0]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
So the world is only 5769 years old?

I dont think so. And the history of mankind goes much further back than that as well. Proven through archeology.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

And why with BC do we count backwards to zero and then count forwards to 2009? Seems a bit odd to count backwards. What society would live like that?

People who lived in say 200BC didn’t have the year called 200BC (they couldn’t called it “Before Christ” – they didn’t know he was coming).

We used it as our date in the gorgonian calendar based on Christ – so that’s why it counts back at BC, because 200 BC means exactly that.

The Mayan Calender doesn’t saying anything about “2012” – it is done by their years and their calendar, it ends on their numbers at the end of their cycle, which has been worked out to 2012 on our calendar.

Mikey

[edit on 15/1/2009 by Mikey84]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Hahaha, this is funny.
No calendar is "right"
And the 2012 date comes from the end of the Mayan long count. They did not say "2012" but it was calculated from the knowledge that the Mayans expected a certain number of cycles, and we know how long each cycle was.

Yeah so thats ironic because you said no calendar is right but the Mayans were right because they were using an 13 cycle astroligical system unlike our Gregorian Calendar. Which by the way, the gregorian calendar is an adapted version of the Julian Calendar created in 46 BC by Julius Caesar. The reason for this is because 47 BC the birth of Caesarion is the equivelant to the Birth of Jesus Christ in 1 BC. Therefore 1 AD would then coorelate with 45 BC. The Roman Empire rose to power the same year after Jesus Crucifixion which would be 13 BC or also known as 33 AD.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Many cultures have their own calendars...

According to the traditional Chinese calendar this is the year 4706 (for another 10 days anyway).

The Hindu culture has something like 10 different numbering systems for what year it is.

It's certainly difficult to call any of these, or others, right or wrong.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
Quite interesting but confusing too.

Hmm which calendar is right? Can we be absolutely sure?

I am of the opinion that time isn't actually real, and is just an illusion and part of the way we view reality. Where as creation itself doesn't move at all, and is like looking at the entire movie film at once, and where as our experience is viewing each frame or a limited portion of that same film in sequence, which gives us the illusion of time, just as it does with a movie.

The calendar is mostly a product of society and is a big factor in how the society behaves. Where as we need the calendar as a way to coordinate and syncronize ourselves - IE: gotta be here at a certain time, you are syncing up with that.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

oh my bad

I just put a question mark next to my assertion. LOL

I knew China had a different calendar (My Daughter is over there again and is going to be their for the New Year celebrations)

It is all just too weird, frustrating too. I want something absolute!

pfft...I know there is no such thing... bugga

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

I don't think the Mayans are right, I was explaining how the Mayan calendar could be converted to our calendar.

How can a calendar be right? It's like saying a timezone is right or something. Time is one of those things that can be measured a number of ways, none of them have to be right.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I think i just puked in my mouth a little..

just to add.. 2012 is calcualted using the gogiran calander viewin/ reflecting its dates..

There is some trib in africa that totaly blows away 2012.. ill try look it up

but tbh... WE AINT ALL GUNNA DIE. its just so dumb.

calanders are just all measurements 2012 means JACK

live with it... or be obsessed by it.. Y2K oh yeaaaaa what happend there NOTHING..

its fortune telling on a grand scale get over it..

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

totaly agree

they are just view points of some people way back when...

its not proven just becouse some old people said its xmas.. i mean that dumb..

Thats why we HAVE different callanders... BECOUSE ITS NOT BASED ON THE SAME THING..

2012 aint gunna happen.... and even if it does.. so wat? its still rapture biblical crap..

People need to wake the hell up!!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

How can a calendar be right? It's like saying a timezone is right or something. Time is one of those things that can be measured a number of ways, none of them have to be right.

Well think about it like this. A clock measures time when both hands hit the 12 it is midnight. It is the same case with the Mayan calendar, only the milky way is the clock and in this case the twelve would actually be a 13. Doesn't mean the worlds going to end, but it does mean we are going back to where this all started so to speak, it's called alpha and omega.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by 12.21.12]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12

Well think about it like this. A clock measures time when both hands hit the 12 it is midnight. It is the same case with the Mayan calendar, only the milky way is the clock.

So by that theory nothing will happen on 2012.

When the clock hits midnight, nothing happens (apart from the time changing).

We’ll all just have to wait and see I guess.

Mikey

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join