It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seriously, February 18th could be a very bad day: 1999 AQ10, Comet Lulin, delta Leonids meet lunar a

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
First, check out these orbits, running them to February 18th.

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...
ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...
ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

Then for background check out this link

fireballs-meteorites.blogspot.com...

which gives an idea of the frequencies involved.

Then check out these predictions:

www.urbansurvival.com...

Put it all together and it presents a frightening picture of potential disaster. Not so much that anything will hit the earth, but when you have so many interacting objects the potential for something to get hit is way higher than I, for one, am comfortable with. But looking at it made me think.

Now my question is:

IF, and let me say I think that's a big if, something large were to hit the moon, or if the tug between the moon and asteroid pulled bits off the comet, resulting in an intermittent rain of debris for some months, what would be the best way to deal with it? I'm not talking planet-killer debris, more like a whole series of Tunguskas.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
RELAX. The odds are nil. IF there was an impact we have NO CURRENT method of deflecting an approaching comet or meteoroid. Blowing one up is totally OUT of the question as it would cause far more problems (multiple impacts instead one one). Nudging one a bit would be the answer and we have no current method to do that.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I see you've also included the link to the web-bot guys. If you're interested in web-bot predictions, I think you'd also fine Timewave Zero worth researching (if you haven't already). The graph that supposedly maps out out future and stops on Dec. 21, 2012 shows that approximate time (Feb 16) as the lowest point on the graph in recent times.

I originally thought that the Feb 12-16 timeframe would mark the transition from global recession to a global depression, however your data offers another interesting possible scenario. Below is a timewave graph animation I composed mapping Sept '08 - May '09. At 11 seconds in, you'll the low point I'm talking about (around Feb. 12-13).

FYI the transition points on the graph mark periods in time where things out of the ordinary are likely to happen -- good or bad.

The Web-bot guys seems to be following the same data, as do the people at the Global Consciousness Project.

[edit on 15/1/09 by Evasius]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

Very interesting. I'll have to take the time to read it through thoroughly in order to discuss the theory. But it seems to be pointing to the same potential event.

It's yet another indicator that something extraordinary is about to happen. I've thought long and hard about the Mayan calendar, 2012, and all that. It occurred to me that they, or the Olmecs, might have based it on recurring impact events, that they mapped out earth-crossing objects and discovered a recurring pattern and built the warning into the calendar. How? Don't ask me, I'm still trying to figure out how they made Venus's period. But they did, so NEOs aren't off the board as a possible. In that case it follows that 2012 might really mark the point at which we give up trying to maintain the old order and accept the new realities.

Again, I'm not saying it's for sure going to play out like that, but if it does, then, pragmatically, how best do we prepare for it?

new topics

top topics

join