It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cloning Jesus

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Souls enter a compatible body when it is in the first trimester of development. If Jesus was cloned, he could return, because that would be a compatible body. BUT, if jesus is divine and all, I think the Antichrist's soul could also enter the body and play the role of Jesus.

Being anti-christian I would find it quite amusing to find that they cloned Jesus.

BTW, for the proper dating and all, I think they would have had to clone him at least in the mid-80's. Why '85 stands out in my head, I don't know...

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Interesting it would be to clone Jesus. It would certainly answer the question of his ethnicity, as there is much debate what it was.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Thats just great, do you think the freaks would blindly follow this one too. That is funny .
It could solve alot of their problems though,considering jesus was just a man and not the son of god, they could just make a god......Again.
Perfect,finally someone to worship, makes me wonder who that someone would be though, if it really matters.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
We had a discussion on something similar to this a few years back in which we discussed not only the potential of cloning Jesus from the Shroud (that's based on an assumption that it is legitimate - which I do NOT believe has been proven wrong) and on the Revelation passage pertaining to the antichrist suffering a mortal head wound and then three days later coming back. The interesting thing about this prophetic passage is that it is not until AFTER he comes back that he seems to be "evil". The discussion then centered on whether a clone would have a soul. Could it be that what comes back in the Revelation is, in fact, a soul-less clone that is easily possessed and manipulated toward evil measures?

This is, in fact, a very interesting topic. Also, you might check into the Underground Stream and various theories surrounding it. I believe that the potential to clone Christ could be involved in that whole mess.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Where in the bible does it say cloning is a sin? Why not clone him? There are many questions that could be answered. Humans are already cloninganyway and why would you think that a clone does not have a soul?

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Why would you think we have a soul?

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I think, therefore I am.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   
The shroud has been proven to be a fake. The material of the shroud has been carbon dated and come up to be 1200-1500 years short of the 2000 or so required for it to have covered Jesus. A recent show on the History channel showed various ways the shroud could have been produced (without the pigments required for it to be a painting). They even hypothosized that Da Vinci himself perpetrated the hoax. With this, the idea of cloning Jesus from the shroud becomes null.

Now, the important thing for everyone to know is that the man Jesus is not important. His lessons were. Know God, Know Peace. No God, No Peace.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I saw the same show about the shroud. Da Vinci would be one of the only people able to create such a fake if infact it is one. In the show however they never talked about the finding of pollen that comes from plants only found in the middle east. Also some scientist claim the fabric of the shourd does not match any fabric from the middle ages in its design and that the only fabrics they have found to have been made in the same way were found at Mosada. Im not claiming that the shroud is real or a fake but if it is a fake it was made by a very smart man for any time.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Earthscum
Souls enter a compatible body when it is in the first trimester of development.

Where did you get that info, Earthscum ? I have been interested in this concept for more years than I can remember and would love to hear your opinion.

Originally posted by Valhall
...and on the Revelation passage pertaining to the antichrist suffering a mortal head wound and then three days later coming back. The interesting thing about this prophetic passage is that it is not until AFTER he comes back that he seems to be "evil".

Maybe the head wound changes his personality and causes him to become 'evil'. I remember reading that Henry VIII was quite a decent person until he suffered damage to his head, then he turned into a megalomaniac, executing people for reasons we would find laughable now.

jra

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 01:23 AM
link   
This is an interesting topic. I for one don't think a cloned person would be souless. They'd just be a differnt person. Sure the clone might look similar to the original, but I believe that he or she would just grow up to be some one else.

I think cloning Jesus would be pointless because it wouldn't be Jesus. It would just be some guy who has his DNA and nothing more. The clone would probably grow up confused as to why people would be worshiping him and perhaps even hate it... which i guess you could call that being an anti-christ.

That's what i think anyway.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Assuming that we could get Jesus' DNA and clone Him, He would NOT be the same as He was before.

Any clone....including Jesus....would not be the identical to the original. People are a product of their DNA and ALSO their experiences. Jesus lived in simpler times. Now, a clone of Jesus would drive a car, sit at TV, have a 9-5 job, etc. His family would not be the same, either.
So, he might be a bit fatter, show more nervousness (we live at a faster pace) ....AND maybe not even try to do miracles, unless someone TELLS him he is a clone of Jesus.
Imagine the BURDEN that would put on a man....for people to EXPECT Him to do miracles, and be a SAVIOUR of mankind! (He might end up with a nervous breakdown.)

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 05:41 AM
link   
i have heard these theories, but i think the more likely event is that the illuminati have some of jesus christs blood in there possession. they probably will use this in there rituals and for the end result to clone jesus to bring him back again. jesus actually knew of what they are actually going to do with his blood and the fact they are going to bring him back.

but for one thing i cannot see that happening for a while yet, because remember the people who run this world are obsessed with the prophecies of the bible and old texts, so i would think that everything is not right for it at the moment, but they will as you say bring him back, but it is not becuase of the shroud, it is because they actually have some of jesus christs blood in there possession.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Wasn't Jesus' message that the soul was separate from the body - the physical from the spiritual?

Just taking aside all the improbables and assuming that a clone could be made, isn't it likely that all they would get would be a physical representation of Jesus? There woud just be a hollow shell.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Leveller i do not agree. like you said for them to clone jesus they would have to have a soul attached to the body, and therefore they must believe that jesus christs soul is out there somewhere, so this could be done.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Leveller i do not agree. like you said for them to clone jesus they would have to have a soul attached to the body, and therefore they must believe that jesus christs soul is out there somewhere, so this could be done.

No, this is a unfounded assumption. There is no requirement that a clone have a soul. I think that was my point in my original post. We haven't a clue whether a cloned human being will be free moral agent as those of us created by God. This is a whole new area.

A clone could, in fact, turn out to be without a soul, or without a spirit for that matter. It could turn out to be an abomination...seriously. This is something we just don't know and can't state one way or the other at this point.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 07:11 AM
link   
i understand that it may not have a soul but do you not think that the people who would want to jesus back, may want him to have his original soul attached to that body.

i understand that clones could in theory be made without a soul, but would that not mean they are not part of the human equation and they are not connected to the human collective.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I think what it COULD mean is that they are a creation that would be unique from the spiritual stand-point. If you accept the belief that mankind has been created with the spirit of God imbued with each of us, we are inherently protected from "possession" if you will from birth. It takes an act of free moral agency to allow something (good or bad) to enter us as spiritual beings. Furthermore, I do not know if it is possible - due to the inherent God-spirit quality of man - for us to be COMPLETELY taken over by evil. There may be a limit. In fact, I believe there is. I believe there is always the ability to continue to invoke our free moral agency. I do not believe God would allow us to be so taken over by either good or bad that we cannot continue to spiritually choose.

So there in lies the problem when you start considering a creation that may have no God-spirit quality to it...worse, may have no spirit whatever to it...and the worst, may have no free moral agency to it. At that point you have a vessel that has never been made available to the spirit world before. Basically, a total empty and unprotected receptacle for whatever moves in first.

It's just something to consider...like I said, we have no way of knowing.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

No, this is a unfounded assumption. There is no requirement that a clone have a soul. I think that was my point in my original post. We haven't a clue whether a cloned human being will be free moral agent as those of us created by God. This is a whole new area.

That's why I pointed out that all you would have would be a hollow shell. Jesus is meant to be more than a mortal man, and the soul is what his story is all about. His physical being is an irrelevance.

It all depends on wether you believe in Jesus as a man or a god.
If a cloning attempt were possible, I don't believe that whatever you got from the shroud would be Jesus other than a physical representation.

Personally I believe that the technology to clone a human from blood is years away. I'm not even sure that it will ever be a possibility.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 07:55 AM
link   
In saying that a clone would have a soul, we're basically saying that we are God.

If you agree that a clone would have a soul, then why do you give a dam if we cloned Jesus, we're just as powerful as him anyways, right? Why not clone Elvis, I bet he can sing better than Jesus.
(sarcasm)

Come on people, really now. This is a question of ethics, and eventually someone is going to connect it with giving life naturally or artificially, maybe tying this into abortion or AI.

I doubt we could clone Jesus from the shroud, we barely have enough hair from Elvis to clone him, and that was in the same century! (No, really. We actually have enough of his hair to clone him. Crazy huh?)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join