It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Terms for Barack Obama?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Sounds like Chavez. What the hell is this guy thinking?

Your request is being processed... Chavez Seeks Constitutional Reform For Indefinite Re-Election

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I agree with setting term limits for reps, and the senate. I also think the public service sector being any federal employee living off our tax dolars could use a pay cap as well, more so for congress and such that get to vote on their pay inceases. It's just not right that a good portion of Americans lost their jobs and have no income and here congress is voting themselves a pay raise.

Hell every state should be able to vote on their respective state reps or senates pay raises anyway, assuming we think they did a good job.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

Oh i know, I was just drawing a comparison, i know a time when he was soaring with 90% approval, though...

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
IMO if any aspect of the US constitution(SP?) is going to be changed in the next 25 years or so it will be the elements that deal with the requirement for presidential candidates to be Natural Born citizens . Aside from the fact McCain made a mockery of that requirement changing population demographics including illegal aliens will all be factors in the possible amendment of the USA foundering document .

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
That person needs to be voted out of office.

Okay, Obama went to Harvard, yes, but he's not the most intelligent man in America.

I'm sure someone else will come who's as intelligent as he is when he's gone here.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I agree. If the term limits were removed, they would probably reelect Bush, and we don't want that mess again... do we?

Do we?

[edit on 1/17/2009 by Irish M1ck]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

College educations magically confer intelligence on their recipients?

This is truly the mindset that put us into the economic mess we are now find ourselves. When companies decided that their hiring practices would preclude those without the sheepskin due to their lack of intelligence from having well paying jobs, the die was cast.

Lower wages mean a lower economy. Less expendable money is less spent. Capitalism requires consumerism to work properly. By lowering the standards to keep lenders afloat, we screwed ourselves.

Too bad our elected college grads used their "intelligence" to throw good money after bad. At least without everyone being able to afford college, the job pool will require apprenticeships to give on the job training and we can rebuild with a knowledgeable as opposed to educated in theory base. A much stronger foundation, in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

Looks like Irish M1ck and I agree. Do not get rid of term limits.

Heck .. I think we should even ADD some term limits - all over Washington DC! That way we don't get the imperial political families (like Bush, Clinton, Kennedy, etc) having a stranglehold on the people of this country.

[edit on 1/17/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Sounds great to me!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Folks are STILL trying to say Obama isn't a natural born citizen? This is so weak given that the state of Hawaii produced his birth certificate long ago. If you read the rules regarding citizenship, you would realize that he was a natural born citizen.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by Little Star]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

The limit is on consecutive terms. So, Bush could be re-elected as could Clinton, or any other living former President.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Also, this same type of bill was introduced in 2005.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
No thanks. Every federal public office should be limited to eight years or less.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
This bill has been introduced to the House on many occasions. Check the Federal Register. This is something that this one Congressman has introduced over and over and it never even is given serious consideration. It has nothing to do with Barack Obama and trying to get more than two terms for him. Research something before you accept it as fact and consider the source.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Little Star
the state of Hawaii produced his birth citificate long ago.

Actually it didn't. Daily KOs - a left wing mouthpiece of the Obama bunch - published an alleged Certificate of Live Birth. That isn't a birth certificate and it didn't officially come from the State of Hawaii. Also it has, what many of us believe, errors on it that prove it to be a fake. (ie ... Africa is NOT a race)

And that's a subject for a different thread.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Dictators rule till they die.

Ask the cubans.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I better idea would be to shorten the term to 3 years and allow them to run for three terms for a total of 9 years, that way if they do a lousy job they can get punted out office quicker.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Little Star
reply to post by Ahabstar

Folks are STILL trying to say Obama isn't a natural born citizen? This is so weak given that the state of Hawaii produced his birth citificate long ago. If you read the rules regarding citizenship, you would realize that he was a natural born citizen.

HAHAHAHA, yeah thats a good one. lets hand them a certificate of live birth because thats the same thing
nope. it looks like now YOUR the one who needs to research more.
--

the term limit wont change today, but what would be the preface of it changing at a later date?

[edit on 18-1-2009 by drsmooth23]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I think it's very possible if done soon enough.

At this time, Obama has such a cult of personality, and has enough allied people in office, that I think he could push it through.

I think he will have to act soon though. I don't think it will be long before people realise he's just an ordinary guy, no better at solving problems than anyone else, and the cult will subside enough that he wouldn't be able to get it through.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The purpose of this rule was absolute power corrupts. can you imagine now say we do get rid of this rule, and another george bush gets in down the line, lets use jeb bush for example, now he can rig all the elections he wants like his brother and stay in absolute power. With this rule of thumb we can get fresh thinking. new ideas. and no one takes there power for granted as they will be replaced. With a 2 party system, do you want to keep voting for the same t people forever. maybe if there was 5 national parties then choice selection would be greater and this would not be such a issue. now can you imagine george bush running in every election from now till death. surely eventually eh would get in again and history would be due to repeat. Just cause there is a popular president now doesnt mean the rule should be changed. Say we change this rule, everyone loves obama, now say something happens to him, his second in command takes power and he turns out to be another hitler, do we change it back. Keep things the same, then at least when a george bush gets in office you know there is lite at the end of the tunnel and hope for humanity when he leaves office.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join