It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There Ever A Reason To Hit A Woman? Yes

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Those who say no are welcome to face a woman with a meat cleaver or bread knife going ballistic. The PC thing to do is talk it out, calm her down... OF COURSE she's going to be calmer when the cleaver is already in your head...

The above actually happened to me years ago, so i say, if it is a life-threatening situation, do it. For some reason, they calm down faster when they receive what they (intend to) deal.

No, i did not use the cleaver or the bread knife.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
And to everyone that took my comment seriously:

I was most definitely joking. I guess I'm probably still a jerk for pulling such a "sick" joke.

Oh well, I'm sort of pleased with my efforts.

Edit: I feel pretty bad that you guys would fail to be able to restrain a woman coming at you with a weapon or without a weapon, and would actually have to hit them. I'd do that if they were the bodybuilder type, but otherwise, what the hell?

[edit on 16-1-2009 by Angry Potato]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
i never met a Lizzie Borden
i never met a 'Squeaky' Fromm, or any of the three females of Manson Family infamy.

the point being, one never knows who the next infamous female killer will be.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Let me just reiterate one point that I believe I did not make clear in my first post, and that is this: hitting women is wrong.

If you are not defending your life and you choose to hit a female then you are beyond a coward and you need to catch a beating. If you are an abuser and you get your kicks smacking women or children around then you are human garbage.

I have stood up for more females than I can count against their violent boyfriend/husband and I have put a few guys down for hitting women in my presence. I have reached into the pit at many concerts and pulled crying women out of large circles of men where they were being groped and man handled.

The way I grew up you were taught to respect women as the fairer sex and you were taught to take up for a lady when she needs help.

I do realize there aint much "lady like" about a lot of these females walking around these days, but as a man you dont raise your hand to a woman unless she leaves you no other option.

I have a sister and a mother and God help any man who ever put his hands on either of them.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
As a woman, I find no fault with retaliation. My mother taught me if I hit anyone, be it man or woman, be prepared to be hit back. She may have been a feminist, I'll never have the chance to ask her, but it sounded true growing up, and it still does.

However, my husband and I don't drink ( or I should say very rarely, like once a year) which may factor in.

On another note- WOW. I had no idea there was so many nut jobs out there. Women chasing after you with knives- and still you manage to go to sleep next to her?

Sorry, I don't mean to sound rude, but you guys are more courageous than you give yourselves credit for. On the flip side ( again, not trying to be rude) but some of you need to find a better class of women.
If she's pretty hot and single, there's a reason.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
That was a very touching story, BlackOps. Do you light cigarettes straight after beating the guys senseless? Isn't that what all vigilante bad asses do?

[edit on 16-1-2009 by Angry Potato]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
There are alot of crazy women out there.My X wife was a very lunatic person, once she went over the limit and threw a glass at me.The glass went past my ear as I can hear it pass, it then smashed in the wall that was behind me near my back.I felt furios, I wanted to smash her, eventualy I got a hold of my self and locked my self in the other room to help the event pass.I wanted to beat the crap out of her, but I knew I would feel sorry after it was all done.I don't have any problems, so I don't have any excuse.Women are manipulative, they like to push butons, we just have to deal with it I guess, can't live with them, can't live without them.Men have defects too, and I'm well aware of it.

Beating the crap out of them will not solve anything.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by pepsi78]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Interesting.

This sounds like the kind of fantasy story my rapist-a blackbelt- ; and his handlers throws out there to both set himself/thereself up for an 'explainable' kill; meanwhile holding our hostage created baby hostage under threat of his death. What's a girl to do. Go to the police? I did in advance.

Not that you are. It's just such a parallel. For balance. Because there really are guys out there who make this stuff up to pre-empt themselves. There must be a manual on the net or something.

Why so short on her mental illness or how much you love her or why you didn't leave her? Those seem like really important back ground information. Why brush those under the rug. Aren't the circumstances of the altercation important in deciding what you should do? Nothing to see here?
She just started hitting you out of nowhere? That's just weird. Though...I have met at least one woman like that. She was bipolar and a successful manchurian, but--I've seen C.O.P.S., there is some weird ones on there.

What's her side of the story? I mean, what do you *imagine* she would say about you in her defense? Would she say that you were beating her? But she is lying because she is mentally ill, right? Some people are just canivers. It would help your self defense if you could see things from her eyes. Was she off her meds?

Well, in closing, if a woman slugs you, she has become a man as far as I am concerned-but not you. Because if you are a blackbelt; and I don't know which states; but you yourself are a deadly weapon-and she could bring that at you in court. And so when you hit back you are treated as if you have come at her with a knife or fired on her with a gun. Because that essentially is what you are deemed by the courts to have become.

Take care,
Better relationship choosing next time.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Real simple....

Don't put your hands on others and no one will have a reason to put their hands on you.

However, there are cases where a man will be placed into a situation (not of his choice) to either get abused or strike back. With me, everyone gets one chance to screw up. After that, your fair game.

Violence does not know the difference between man-women-goat-dog etc etc. Women have every right a man has, and that includes the right to get your ass handed to you if you if you assault me.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I dated a girl who had hormonal problems related to her period and she used to get quite aggressive both verbally and physically with me, however, I was always able to 'talk her down' and make her see reason.

One night I was staying at her flat and we had a disagreement over something silly - but with her moods, it quickly escalated into something quite unreasonable. I decided I wasn't going to listen to any more of what she had to say and proceeded to get dressed and find my keys.

As I was about to leave, she launched at me and proceed to start hammer fisting me with both hands against the body/chest. I tried to defend my face and deflect as many of the blows as I could. Suddenly there was a rather large cracking sound and the hammer fisting stopped.

She had broken her forearm on me! Completely snapped it in two! I had to then take her to the hospital and spend the night waiting in casualty until she entered surgery. I rang her parents and told them of the situation and left the hospital. As far as I was concerned, I'd done all I could do and now her parents could look after her.

A week later, I rang her, went over to see her and ended the relationship. I'm glad that I did not hit her even though the instinct was there when she was lashing out violently toward me. I feel good that even in those extreme circumstances, I was able to keep a level head and take the higher road than she had chosen herself.

Sadly a week or so after I split with her, she made a good attempt at suicide. Overdosing on medication and liquid hairspray. Though this was unfortunate, it did tell me that I did the correct thing in leaving her as she would have only dragged my life down with stress, drama and misery.

A couple of years ago, I ran into her mother and younger brother while I was working in promotions for a video game company. For some reason her mother felt compelled to apologise to me for all her daughter had put me through all those years ago - which was nice of her.

Moral of the story:
Take the higher road and leave any relationship that appears to be abusive. There is always someone better waiting for you out there.

IRM

[edit on 16/1/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I remember as a teenager I was walking down this street when I saw a group of crazy girls and one guy. The girls were those crazy gangster wannabe types, they started spitting at me, kicking me, punching me, swearing at me, these girls had the most evil attitude and their eyes like those of demons.

The guy spat at me and blocked my way, he was threatning me, so I attacked him, and he left me alone, but I still had several crazy girls spitting and attacking me. I kept asking them what their problem was? I mean what is wrong with you guys? And then I said I don't hit girls. Big mistake..

When they heard that, it made them so happy they got more violent. Anyway I got out of that situation eventually haha.

I've been in quite a few situations like this,(bad area) BUT with boys, and I always can handle myself, no problem.

But those girls still haunt me, usually there were scary girl groups that would flirt with me not attack me, but these crazy girls made me feel pathetic for not beating the crap out of them instead of just talking to them. I most definetly could beat every one of them haha, they knew that but they also knew I wouldn't.

Moral of the story, not all girls out there are girls, ladies Some are wild humans, lowest of the low, there is no talking to them, no getting through to them, they are the definition of crazy.

If that ever happens again, I'll be sure to fight back each one of them(carefully and gently, you know less fist more restraining), I don't care what anyone thinks, it would teach them a very valuable lesson, and they would probably run away before they get hurt too much lol.

I would never hit a girl, I respect women, I love women. But some girls are not girls...

I hope this thread at least makes some people think about the "reality" of these situations. I used to think I should never hit women no matter what, but now I realise that this kind of thinking can get you hurt, stabbed or even killed.

Peace.

p.s If I ever see a man hitting a woman, I would be the first to sort that guy out, I don't care if he's some 7 foot guy with several friends. I might be crazy but I don't care.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Angry Potato

I quit smoking two months ago...but generally yes

Im not any bad ass by any stretch, far from it. Im probably not really even a very good person.....but even I wont sit there and watch a woman or an animal or a child be harmed and not do anything to try and stop it.

Make sense?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" ---Edmund Burke

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
okay CRAZY does not mean opportunity to beat CRAZY person.
CRAZY means medical condition

if you think someone is CRAZY, beating them is like hitting a handicap.

let's differntiate between CRAZY and just plain mean.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Eh, I'm probably just jealous that you can actually help people out of these situations. I, on the other hand, no of no such circumstances, so can't help out.

And I'll reiterate that I do not hit females. Just in case people think I really do love to beat the crap out of the opposite gender for not cooking me breakfast.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
reply to post by Angry Potato

Im not any bad ass by any stretch, far from it. Im probably not really even a very good person.....but even I wont sit there and watch a woman or an animal or a child be harmed and not do anything to try and stop it.

Make sense?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" ---Edmund Burke

Yes makes sense, that is exactly how I think, infact I hate it that I know most people don't do nothing, I make it a personal mission to do something if I see it happen haha. I don't care if I get beat up in the process, it's just a little pain.

Very true, which is why many thugs get away with stealing phones and cash around my area, people just watch and do nothing, and they know it, they know it's easy and nobody fights back they just give them their phone.

I got robbed by couple of big thugs before, but I fought back, which suprised them.

Before I knew it they had slipped their hands in my pocked and ran away during the fight.

What annoyed me was that there were SEVERAL people standing there, just watching and doing nothing.... I'm lucky I didn't get stabbed...

Peace.

ps. Animal cruelty makes me go mad.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   

You've proven your point. That was a life threatening situation, no doubt.

If a woman pulled a gun or knife on me, and I was convinced she was going to use it, I would defend myself also.

But this "you should not hit a woman" thing is absurd. Does that mean it's ok to hit another man?

Nobody should hit anybody. Simple. Unless they are putting yourself or loved ones in danger. And their sex is irrelevant.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
i

There is a huge difference in hitting a woman (or anyone) and self defense.

You have nothing to feel guilty about. you did not purposely beat her.
thats the difference, beating someone because you are bigger and belive yourself to be better and that they need to be put in their place is wrong.

When you are doing it to save yourself physical harm, no problem.

Don't feel guilty.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   

My first wife slept with at least 6 guys (that I know of)off my ship when I was in the navy. She then stole my car with all my belongings. At the court house 6 months later she asked me why I never hit her.
"Because I loved you," I said.
She just turned her back on me and laughed.

Regardless of what she did to me I would never hit a woman unless she had a weapon or it was a life threatening situation. I mean, someone is coming at you with a weapon intent upon killing you... doesn't matter who or what they are... but coming from a gentleman I can tell you it would take an AWFUL lot for me to hit a woman.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
If I was driving and a girl was beating on me I would pull over eradically, tell her to get the # out of my car and if she chose not to I would removed the keys, pick her up and throw her out of my car, very forcefully injuries I could care less about..

In my own expierence, I was at partying with a few friends and what not, and one of the girls flipped out on me and scratched the living hell out of me punched me bit me etc etc I just continued to throw her onto the couch while everyone was trying to reason with her, finally she started crying and then she started talking about god for no reason.

I personally think men that beat women need to get beat by a person with extreme knowledge in fighting, time and time over again untill they learn the lesson.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
You know, this is a little hard of a topic. But I have what is probably the easiest answer to the question, with thanks to my mom (whom recently passed.) My mom always said "You never hit a lady, but there's a difference between a bitch and a lady." Sorry for the language, but it's a quote.

new topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join