It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There Ever A Reason To Hit A Woman? Yes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

People who hit are hitters? So if i hit a girl who attacks me with a knife i'm a hitter?

You are completely missing his point...big time.

How about you focus on the other replies you can decipher correctly...

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I thought everyone was equal, hell it's women that wanna be equals, didn't use to be that way. So logically if you're gonna throw punches at a man(your equal) then you should expect to be hit back. I don't see where the debate lies, we're all equals in this society right?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Short answer: No!

Long answer: Stop the car; dump the bitch.

Rhetorical questions: Why do you feel compelled to seek justification from others? Are you feeling guilty, or just looking for support to hit some more?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
If someone is actually hitting me (and it hurts), I may say stop it. If they don't, I will hit/hurt them. I believe in equal rights, not special rights

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
this is a really interesting topic when seen threw the mmorpg experience. (massively multiplayer online role-playing game). people of both genders play these games and frequently are challenged to player vs. player duels, where they use various types of fighting styles, weapons and spells, to hurt one another. this is especially true in arenas, such as battlegrounds, where two sides are pitted against each other with some goal in mind. teams from both sides congregate and enact something similar to steal the flag or king of the hill. you don't know if who you are engaged in battle with is a man in a woman's character, or a woman in a man's character, or whatever. but since most female characters on such games are played by men, the gender line blurs into irrelevancy. does this encourage violence between sexes in real life?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

Actually it's the exact same thing if we go by your example that not getting out is justification to hit. Either you stand by your words or you don't.

We have a serious communication gap here. THERE IS NO JUSTIFICATION TO HIT short of self defense. I can't make it any plainer than that. Failure to remove yourself from a situation before it escalates is not an excuse.

I did not know she was prone to violence. She attacked me once before with a knife and was deeply sorry and apologetic, distraught even would be the word i would use. She hit me other times with "love taps", at least that's what i thought they were. There was no clear sign of psychosis and in fact she wasn't psychotic, jus ton her way to it.

So what's the point? You seem to be very confident you did the right thing. What are you looking for? A general acclimation that it was OK? It's NOT. And if you haven't figured that out by now, you're likely to find yourself in the same situation again.

People who hit are hitters? So if i hit a girl who attacks me with a knife i'm a hitter? What utter nonsense. Granted i didn't have to hit her, i had enough training that i coudl restrain her. However if i hadn't had that training i am willing to bet i'd be dead. I am not saying that staying is license to hit someone! I did this once and quickly left the relationship afterwards as i was scared of the woman.

I'm not talking about you defending yourself, I'm talking about someone prone to unprovoked physical attack. If someone attacks you with a knife, has other instances where they physically assault you, how do you think it's going to end up? Get out, or stay. If you stay and the inevitable happens, it's on you. And it was. So move on. Or not.

link   
What about just holding up your arm to ward off her hits and dodging them by moving back with your head?

link   

Originally posted by chapter29
You are completely missing his point...big time.

How about you focus on the other replies you can decipher correctly...

Actually i am not missing his point, either he put it badly or he meant anyone who hits a woman, under any circumstance is a hitter and will stay as such.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I think it wrong for anyone to hit someone else.

I think that it is wrong for any female to assault a male.

Some women play on the fact that many men find the act of hitting a female quite abhorrent and therefore the women know that they can get away with slapping faces, pinching, punching and throwing stuff.

If women want to be physcially aggressive towards men, I think they deserve a smack in the gob as a warning that the behaviour will not be tolerated. I am damn sure if someone was repeatedly goading me physically, I would eventually retaliate.

OTOH, men who are habitual wife beaters deserve to be gutted as they sleep...sleep well

[edit on 15-1-2009 by resistancia]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I only read the first page. All I can say is that it is brave of you to confront yourself with that situation, no matter how long ago, and find help. May I assume you're about to engulf a new adventure of love? If yes, then it's good that you both find your personal limits on any subject or situation. Good luck.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
What about just holding up your arm to ward off her hits and dodging them by moving back with your head?

I held up my arm and her hits were still very strong. Remember i am in a car with limited movement. Also the hit she received was not severe or in the face or anything of that nature. It was enough to take the wind out of her so i could carefully pull over. I promise you now if i hadn't then i wouldn't be presenting this thread, i'd either be dead or recovering from severe injuries.

What i find interesting is that if the roles were reversed and a man had been hitting a woman in the side of the head you would no doubt immediately say that the woman had no choice but to hit him instead of simply raising her arm and moving her head back.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
The whole "hitting the woman" thing likely originated from the fact that men typically possess strength that women do not - girl vs brawn. And - for that reason it makes sense that most men could likely subdue a woman in other ways -
Personally I wish everyone would stop hitting each other.
It is nobodys right to strike another.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

You say i don't get a pass, wel li can tell you i still feel horrible about it but if i hadn't done it then i would have crashed the car into the central reservation and we'd both have been dead or injured. Decide how you will.

For the other posters. I could have pulled over but putting her outside on the motorway isn't legal i don't believe and is also dangerous to her. The first time she hit me i thought it was just a cute thing, she didn't beat the hell out of me, just the odd hit on the chest or arm and i thought it was cute.

As for staying with her. Well i was young and thought i was in love when i wasn't, how many people make that mistake? I'm only 23 now and i was 18 then so forgive me that mistake.

With all your "training" at age 18, you surely knew the entrance and exits of conflict.

You are looking for justification 5 years later. Did you hit someone again? Plan to?

Training in martial arts includes avoidance and diversion. You need more "training."

If you feel so justified, why don't you run this by your local law enforcement agency instead of an anonymous forum?

You will not find support among the enlightened. Go away, hitter.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Its called self defence...she hit first.The law would be in his favor.
SHE hit first and could have killed people on the road from her actions.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
With all your "training" at age 18, you surely knew the entrance and exits of conflict.

Not in a car i didn't know.

You are looking for justification 5 years later. Did you hit someone again? Plan to?

I havn't hit a woman before or since and i certainly don't plan to. I am not looking for justification either, merely discussing the topic on ATS out of interest.

Training in martial arts includes avoidance and diversion. You need more "training."

Please enlighten me how i could avoid or divert this in a car travelling at high speed.

If you feel so justified, why don't you run this by your local law enforcement agency instead of an anonymous forum?

Becuase it was years ago and the police were never involved. As she is now under treatment for psychological illness i feel perfectly justified and have no need to involve the police. I would also find it difficult to prove it ever happened as there were no witnesses other than road users who no doubt would have forgotten the exact car i was driving in at the time.

You will not find support among the enlightened. Go away, hitter.

Hitter? I havge never hit a woman before, i have never hit a woman since and wife beaters disgust me in every way, i hate men that hit women with such feeling i cannot describe.

I think you have some problems if you consider me a hitter as i have never struck a woman in any other circumstance. You're an idiot, i rarely use that word but you are. To call someone like myself a hitter.

I have to ask you as i have asked others. If this situation would reversed would you be calling the woman driving a hitter? Or would you be in full support of her defending herself from being hit by a passenger?

I am willing to bet you'd be on the womans side. This stinks of hypocrisy.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Hope you learned your lesson ..

No more dating crazy bitches. (crazier then normal) ..

Chivalry died a while back, I believe "don't hit a woman" derives from Chivalry.. in your case I would say you where justified. You never said the extent of the beating you imposed on this young lady though ..

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
i totally understand the situation but realize that the law wont no matter what a woman does to you the police will most likely side with them
to the law there is absolutely no reason for a man to defend them shelves

and from a legal standpoint they will just give you assault charges

its the law that thinks that there is absolutely no reason to ever defend yourself from a woman

so be careful even if your life is in danger they will side with her

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

The first time she hit me i thought it was just a cute thing, she didn't beat the hell out of me, just the odd hit on the chest or arm and i thought it was cute.

We make the same mistake with our children. If it is not cute at sixteen then it is not cute at two. You can not expect a child to be taught that a behavior is cute and acceptable and not except them to escalate it. You teach people how to treat you and you taught her that it was acceptable and cute for her to hit you. It is easy to send the wrong message when the transmitter and the receiver are not on the same frequency.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Hope you learned your lesson ..

No more dating crazy bitches. (crazier then normal) ..

Chivalry died a while back, I believe "don't hit a woman" derives from Chivalry.. in your case I would say you where justified. You never said the extent of the beating you imposed on this young lady though ..

I never beat her! One hit to the chest was all that was required to wind her so that i could place my hands firmly on the steering wheel, pull over and when stopped grab her arms so she could no longer hit me. That was the conclusion, i stopped, grabbed both of her arms when she tried hitting me again and talked to her. She calmed down, we drove home and i left her very quickly.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Your problem is you place yourself on this huge pedestal as if there's some kind of enormous divide between the physical capabilities of a man and a woman.

The thing is, there's not. There obviously is a little, but not the the extent that NEVER hitting them leads on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join