It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Airways Plane down in the Hudson river

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Yes I been watching this on TV, my husband said that it was a flock of geese trained by Alqaida that struck the airplane in the air.

Lies! The leader of those Geese was in the United States in the 80's, using the name Hans Sprungfeld, and recieving special training from CIA operatives. We MUST hhave full disclosure and force the TRUTH out of this planned crash immediately!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Actually that part of the Hudson River is quite deep. For perspective it's around half a mile from where the Intrepid is docked.

Planes are designed to float if they're intact when they hit the water to give passengers a chance to get out.

At the moment it's getting lower in the water though...

Last report is that a large amount of survivors are now indoors and in decent shape all things considered.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I agree this a conspiracy and birds were used to harm human beings!!!!!!!

BTW everybody is safe and sound, I am glad for that.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

Any idea how they'd manage to get the plane out of the water and (hopefully) not have the fuel tanks burst and spill all that fuel into the river?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

There's no plane... it's a hollogram,

it's a scam, by the terrorist to grab our attention away from.... shhhh

seriously...

it was a bird strike, thats all, nothing more.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
Actually that part of the Hudson River is quite deep. For perspective it's around half a mile from where the Intrepid is docked.

Planes are designed to float if they're intact when they hit the water to give passengers a chance to get out.

At the moment it's getting lower in the water though...

Ok thanks for that explanation. I just dont know about these things

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

That's really really smart. I had no idea that they were made to float...what an interesting fact.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

That's actually a great question.

Last time we had an incident with a helicopter go into the water Emergency Services used a crane to get it out.

This obviously weighs a hell of a lot more...

Add to this that the water temp is about 40º Farenheit and the air temp is in the teens... This is not going to be easy.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Would it be distasteful for me to mention that maybe the bird had a boxcutter?

My question aside, prayers to those on the plane.

Peace

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Just in:

The pilot has safely been transported to a facility on land. He states that there is no one left on the plane.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

The pressure hull is the part that provides this. If that is intact and it looksl like it is, the odds are good that most if not all should survive.

We have had bird strikes before in the chopter and its not fun.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Just in:

The pilot has safely been transported to a facility on land. He states that there is no one left on the plane.

Keeping our fingers crossed that all got out alive

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
A man sitting in seat 22A said that he saw and heard the left engine blow. Then he said that the pilot came on over the loudspeaker and told them to brace for an impact and then they hit the water with a jolt. He says that the pilot did an amazing job.

This is such a miracle. It's so wonderful that this was not the tragedy it could have been.

They are interviewing more passengers now. They are so happy!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
They all survived, now they need to find the birds that cause this damage and interrogate them.

BTW It seems the airplane will be tow away to the docks.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

[That's actually a great question.

Last time we had an incident with a helicopter go into the water Emergency Services used a crane to get it out.

This obviously weighs a hell of a lot more...

Figure about 150-200000 lbs if it was fully loaded. They may have to lift it out in pieces or float it.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Im watching the ABC feed and it seems the tail is submerged up the the US flag.

They are moving it though
maybe they can get it to shallower water

[edit on 1/15/09 by FredT]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Well how are the flock of geese, did they survive

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
From all accounts the pilot did a phenomenal job of guiding the plane into the water and dealing with the passengers' concerns.

One thing to keep in mind is that there wasn't much choice in the matter. There are 3 major airports in the NYC area: JFK, LGA, and EWR.

They took off from LGA but were too far from any of the three to even think about landing once the engines had cut out. Logistically the site is closest to EWR (Newark) out of the three.

Landing in the water, for obvious reasons, was the best decision possible considering the situation and the pilot and crew deserve an award.

Amazing.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
watching nbc now and they just had a person from the plane crash call in

- he stated only the left engine blew up *
-news is reporting both engines got hit by birds

-women and children taken out first

- resuce there within 3 min time period
- he stated the cabin flooded immediately

my take-
-didnt another one of these airbus's have engine problems within the past year?

-why did the cabin flood if there was no hole in the fuselage

[edit on 15-1-2009 by Localjoe3]

[edit on 15-1-2009 by Localjoe3]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Much like Rosie O'Donnell, it's going to take more than a few tugs to get them out of this slip,

(It's refreshing to have the luxury of a plane crash in which nobody lost their life as it offers the opportunity to crack a few light hearted jokes.)

The photograph of all the people standing on the wings was pretty incredible, BTW.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join