It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World markets drop amid mounting economic gloom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
So they THOUGHT we would be better off then we are at this moment.
Maybe they are finally getting over the denial stage.
www.cbc.ca...

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I went to yahoo financial and saw a title of a story, "Wall Street Pares Losses as Hopes Grow for Bailout". I can't help but think if the only thing Wall Street has to look forward to are bailouts, well it needs to get a grip and try to survive on its own. Whenever they help the stock market, they hurt the rest of the country that doesn't hold stock. The Fed has lowered the interest rate in order to help the stock market, and then the average joe loses money from inflation. But of course, he'll probably never know. Now I guess the interest rate can't be lowered any further and now Wall Street wants bailouts to get its fix. Wish we could work towards a sustainable economy with stable growth and a control over this greed.

I hardly have a doubt that this year is going to be worst than last. It amazes me that some of these experts think this will be over anytime soon. I've heard on the news that the recession will probably last until the end of this year, which is the soonest imo it would get better. The real issue being that I think this is a long term problem for the USA. Looking at the fundementals of the economy, things aren't and can't get any better, only worse. If we can keep the charade up a little longer, then we might see some improvements. But what exactly is going to pull the wool over everyone's eyes again? This whole mess has exposed a major weakness in our system and the world system.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

I agree.
If we did work towards a sustainable and stable economy I think the first thing that we would need to do is get these greedy jerks on wallstreet out of there.
They just keep padding the lies and asking for more money.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
You know, just like world war 11....the only way to get out of a depression, is by going to war and hopefully winning that war.
so now all we have to do is go to war.
Oh wait, its already in the works.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

My fear with the world economy is that when it gets in trouble it is gonna start ww3.
I agree,its already in the works and only a matter of time.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

The first thing we need to do is get rid of all the corrupt politicians...until that happens it's going to keep going to hell.....

Of course by doing that it will be a whole new Senate/House of Representatives...save for a few people.

A new way of thinking is needed....they people in there don't have it. They'll keep printing money and throwing out tax money to anyone who cries hard enough for it.

This is the root of the problem. They blame everyone else but never take the blame themselves. it's always the "other" party or "corrupt" wall street and CEOs.

It's everyone!! They are all to blame.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I actually feel a little sorry for our politicians; Wall Street to a much lesser extent, but still some.

Follow The Money! To what Individuals or Organizations does it Continue to flow?!

The International Banksters?

as in a World Plutocracy!

new topics

top topics

join