It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush: 'I don't Give a Darn' What Americans Think About Me

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

The very first lines:
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

He divided us instead of forming a more perfect union. There is no tranquility, instead we are in an economic cesspool and have made many enimies of our allies. There has been no promotion of general welfare: just the abomination called the No Child left Behind ACT that severly hurt our education system. Would not support healthcare for children,would not support stem cell research, and has a horrible environmental record. He Establish justice by performing an illegal war that has killed hundreds of thousands of innocents and sent a country back centuries. As for the Blessing of Liberty, he fought that as well, with illegal wiretapping premises and detaining and torturing innocent people.

He never even got past the first lines of the Constituion, much less upheld it.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

If you hire someone and they screw up, they get fired. WE THE PEOPLE hired him, not the other way around.

Yes, but we the people never got Congress to fire him. Do you really want a President to do his job based on the changes of the wind? First of all, we are not privy to all the secret information the President gets. We make our decision how things should be based on rumors, partial facts, or opinions

The people have determined that he has failed to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

No the people haven't determined that. You are talking about a good deal of people who don't understand Government civics.

Earlier reports focused solely on college students; the new study expands the focus and concludes Americans across all economic, educational and political/social backgrounds are equally lacking. Among findings:

• 71% earn an F; the average score was 49%. Ages 25 to 34 had an average score of 46%; ages 45 to 64 had a 52% average. Of 164 respondents who say they have held elected office, 44% was average.

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Twenty years from now, all of you will look back and feel like idiots.

With all due respect, those of you that sway to the left will be embarrased as to your attitudes and opinions.

It's kind of fun to hitch yourselves to the liberal bandwagons today, but history is not kind to naysayers and protectionists.

Wringing your hands at the Iraq war and the lack of finding WMD cannot be your sole mantra.

Have you all forgotten the 32 MIG fighters that were buried in the Iraq desert?

Anyone?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Dubya does not care about his global image and the damage he has done to the United States of America and the people he promised to protect as President.

I hope that now he has gone this damage can be reversed and respect starts to grow for the people and the government of the USA

take care all
res

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
To me, this is like when someone fails their Literature class and says: who needs a stupid Literature class anyways?

Presidents can have great careers after their Presidency. Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton have done great things with theirs. Sometimes they can do things even better.
So apparently ol' GW doesn't plan on having much of a career, by ticking off an entire country who elected him into office.

And now he is ruining the chance of any other relatives or peers to further their careers. He is showing his selfishness. There are people tied to his legacy, and statements like this hurt them as well. UNBELIEVABLE.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Congress, Congress, Congress. They pass the laws, el Presidente signs them. Simple as that. You want stem cell research, convince Congress, you want environmental, convince congress. You want him fired, convince Congress. Instead Congress gave him immunity. Congress is where your gripe should be.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Bush started wars, and allowed the economy to crash, why do you like him again?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Career suggestion for Dubya:

Dubya and John Howard "Man of Steel" (ex Prime Minister of Oz) could team up and do kiddies parties as a pair of clowns.

Maybe they could do Vegas or take the show on the road.

They could co-author a book of all their lies, or they could produce a really nice coffee table book of all their happy snaps together in full colour.

The best idea would be for them both to disappear right up their own arses and never be heard from again.

take care all
res

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
A President who takes his oath of office, can't care. He is daily made privy to information that the rest of us will never know.

I'm sure that if he had an opportunity to do a few things differently he would choose to, and he's admitted mistakes.

But public opinion cannot enter into every decision made, and one must be a tough SOB to make the hard decisions based on the best information they receive at the time.

I note that the wire tapping and surveillance measures he was so criticized are not only going to be kept by Obama, but greatly expanded.

We may find out later that he wasn't so bad after all.

And I imagine we'll be discovering that within the next two years.

I agree.

If Obama does not at all try to remove unconstitutional acts such as the Patriot Act, it would only prove that he supports such infamous things.

Regarding Bush's statement - if it would have came from a man who got rid of the national debt and boosted the economy without infringing upon all of our rights, I would honor such words.

As inhumane this may sound - I am a U.S citizen. If it means us suffering by the helping out of other countries, I am against such. It is the same concept that other governments hold.

The way I look at it is like this. If Obama can fix this mess, GWB will be looked at as a good president for all that he has done. If Obama can not fix this; Bush will be blamed and Obama will look like a major disaster.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by jfj123

If you hire someone and they screw up, they get fired. WE THE PEOPLE hired him, not the other way around.

Yes, but we the people never got Congress to fire him.

We should have. Very unfortunate. I signed up to bring articles of impeachment against both cheney and bush so I tried.

Do you really want a President to do his job based on the changes of the wind?

No I want a president to do his job. Fulfill the will of the people. Work in our best interest and he did neither.

The people have determined that he has failed to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

No the people haven't determined that. You are talking about a good deal of people who don't understand Government civics.

The majority of the people of the United States of America has decided they disagree with his policies so YES they have determined that.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
All of yall amaze me! Yall call yourself True Conspiracy Theorists? Do yall honestly believe Daddy Bush (who's really been running this country) will sit back and let junior be the worst President of all time?? Especially after Daddy said he wanted his other son to run. lol

I respect his position as Commander and Chief but I'm glad he's leaving; he was the right man at the right time. George Bush did a whoooooole lot of things wrong but has laid the foundation for the Chosen One. Every once in a while a President sneaks in that doesn't fit the mold of the Powers to Be such as a Carter & Clinton. Obama will bring peace to the Middle East. lol

Watch how his ratings jump up significantly in the next week because of his actions in Iraq!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by resistancia

don't forget Tony Blair, he was right up there in the three ring circus.

and would you trust any of them looking after a kiddies party, probably come home to find the kids gone and them saying that Terrorists burst in and kidnapped them all, but left us this delightful cake to eat.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Looks like ATS is about as representative a slice of public opinion as the polls are.

Not to worry folks, Bush will give a darn when he’s on his face before God. He’s gotten away with nothing.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
reply to post by resistancia

don't forget Tony Blair, he was right up there in the three ring circus.

and would you trust any of them looking after a kiddies party, probably come home to find the kids gone and them saying that Terrorists burst in and kidnapped them all, but left us this delightful cake to eat.

OMG...you are right!!! The Three Stooges!!!

Not a one liner

take care all
res

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Luckly this kind of I don't care attitude will end in a few days. The new President has stated many times that he intends to take a popularity poll prior to making any decision. Since the voters are so much smarter than the Administration, this should come as a relief to those who thought President Obama would actually be smart enough to make decisions on his own.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

F'ing wow at this clown! He just put up his middle finger to the country. Bush reminds me of that scene in the movie"HalfBaked" where Scareface gets on the mic at his burger flipping job and says "F you, F you, F you, your cool, F you and I'm out! What a scumbag Bush is. I'm just waiting for this goodbye speech so I can watch the end of the greatest embarrassment in U.S. History. The country's broke, we're spending $10 Billion a month on a sand pit, We've lost the respect of the world, and Bush just gave MY President Obama rubber gloves and a sponge to clean up a tanker spills worth of problems.

Rarely do I hate anything or anyone, but Mr Bush, I hate you more than that taste in my mouth when I wake up from an all night Jack Daniels Binge! You've lost all your L.A. privledges, stay on your farm milking goats or whatever you do for fun! I'm almost to the point where I think I'm just gonna buy my "End of the world kit", a shotgun, tons of ammo, and wait for the S**t to go down. See ya georgie porgie, it's been Hell knowing ya.

I wish I had more hands, so I could give Bush Jr's presidency 4 thumbs down!

Go Lakers!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
I thought alternative-press/conspiracy-theory people always have a different opinion than the majority. Apparently not in this case

I think people from all walks of life and from "out-there" too, can recognize a "wrong 'un" when they see one.
He is despised the world over... from "conspiracy loons" to republicans.

That definitely says something.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
The OP is absolutely ridiculous.

I hope we NEVER have a president that cares about, or legislates because of, public opinion.

And for those that think the world despising him somehow says something: All it says is that people always need a villain and always need a patsy.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by thrustbucket]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

I suppose I am not surprised at the number of mental-midgets who would star dooper's post.

"Look Daddy.....I made a tough decision."

Bush taking credit for keeping us safe for the last 7 years is like a rooster taking credit for the sunrise.

Remember, 911 happened on HIS watch.

Cock-A-Doodle-Do.

regards....kk

[edit on 15-1-2009 by kinda kurious]

[edit on 16-1-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
So a leader should care about public opinion polls? Public opinion, positive or negative is greatly ruled by media slant. Always has been, even though the type of media have changed and increase the last 150 years or so.

I am not a support of Bush, and am happy he is leaving, but the logic many of you are using is faulty here. Him saying he doesn't give a darn about approval rating does not equate to him not caring about the people. According to the logic of many of you, this would mean that Abraham Lincoln didn't care about the American people. After all, during his presidency, Lincoln was one of the least popular presidents in history.

Most people outrageous hatred of Bush is just as absurd as the hatred many conservatives felt towards Clinton.

These are just people, making monumental decisions, doing the best they can and doing what they believe in. Right or wrong

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join