It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush: 'I don't Give a Darn' What Americans Think About Me

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
At least he's being honest.

I'd rather have a person be honest about the bs they think, do or say rather than lie about it.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I thought alternative-press/conspiracy-theory people always have a different opinion than the majority. Apparently not in this case

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Bush doesn't care eh? I suppose the dumping of Rumsfeld and the "surge" strategy for Iraq that just so happened to come immediately after the 2006 elections was coincidence.

He cares, but only when it becomes difficult for him to continue screwing over everybody.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
People who say they don't care what people think of them are always the ones that do.

This guy has failed at everything he has ever attempted. He knows that.
That is why he has an ego a mile wide. Why he disdains anyone that second guesses him.
That is why he swaggered about, puffing out his chest, declaring himself "The Decider" and gave people belittling nicknames.

Even though I believe he was put into office because he was a dullard by TPTB who really ran the show, he really wants to think of himself as a great man.
And underneath his arrogant smirk is his secret pain... he knows he is below average at best.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
good lord. He is a politician. Why is everyone so surprised? And even more importantly, why does everyone think the next guy will be any different - oh, I'm sorry - he SAYS that he will be different...and all politicians tell the truth in their struggle to reach the top, right?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I don't blame Bush nearly as much as I do the majority of idiot fundamentalist Americans that voted him in the second time. Didn't they learn anything from the first 4 years ?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

You said it perfectly!!!

Great Post!

The man never cared about ANY of us from day one! Which is obvious from what he has done to us and the country.

I truly hope the Congress will prosecute him for war crimes or maybe some other country will.

That would be one of the best events in my life! I would watch the trial every day and even tape it!

BTW: S & F to you.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by questioningall]

He kept us from any other attacks on our soil, and keeping our enemies occupied

www.timesonline.co.uk...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.iht.com...

"I believe if we began impeachment proceedings we will be engulfed in more of the politics that has made Washington dysfunction," he added. "We would once again, rather than attending to the people's business, be engaged in a tit-for-tat, back-and-forth, nonstop circus."

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
www.unsolvedmysteries.com...

I wrote this in April 17 2008.It is called the record setting accomplishments of George W. Bush.

Everyone has Bush fatigue.He is coming to live in Dallas.I have lived through two terms as Governor and two terms as President and now he is coming back to my Home Town AAAAHHH!!!

This weekend a group I am involved with called North Texans for 9\11 Truth are going to march in the MLK parade.
We are going to pass out as many Jason Bermas Films and every ounce of information we can give out to the public.
Love to Have Alex Jones Bullhorn avaliable.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Well, there you have it in a nutshell!

That pretty much epitomizes the last 8 years of this guy and his putrid admin's CONTEMPT for the people they're "supposed" to be serving

You hit it right on the head.
"The people he is supposed to be SERVING".

The simple fact that he doesn't understand his own job means he should have been impeached years ago.
In short, his job is to serve and fulfill the will of the people of the United States of America.
He is not/was not our boss, we are/was HIS.

Good post !!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
He really just has the brain of a flea.
Really folks - the man is missing an important evolutionary chip.
Something is amiss.
He should never have been in a leadership position of this country.
no offense to the flea -

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Don't believe this, Bush ran out of darns to give away in the early weeks of his second term. It was around the same time he lost is one and only clue.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jatsc
At least he's being honest.

I'd rather have a person be honest about the bs they think, do or say rather than lie about it.

This is not coming from a place of honesty -
This is coming from a place of disregard, arrogance and ignorance -
and from an unexamined life.

However, I don't necessarily think his intentions were to destroy this country.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

memory.loc.gov...

No where in this oath do I see or read that he has to win an opinion poll or popularity contest. He did the job to the best of his ability. And don't come back with all of this about the constitution. Congress never saw it fit to impeach and if there was a crime committed by Bush it was their duty to impeach. Caring about Americans and caring about how they think of you is two different stories.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
So he just admitted that he doesn't care about the people who made him president...

I didn't vote for the d**khead, but everyone who did just got insulted by him. If it wasn't for "the people" he wouldn't be president, and he just said "he dont give a darn" about them...

GWB should be tarred and feathered. He should kiss the peoples feet for giving him the ability to be president. "The people" gave him a gift, and he just s**t on it.

abolesco

[edit on 15-1-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

You're a nutjob. He doesn't care about public hysteria any more than any other sane person. Before you even start....9/11 wasn't an inside job, iraq shipped it's weapons to syria, wilson's wife wasn't covert (and if outted was done so by him), iraq was trying to buy yellowcake....and 20 or so metric TONS of radioactive matls were found and removed from iraq, and alqaeda WAS in iraq before the invasion, and not one US citizen was spied on....if you say otherwise PROVE IT, and a president is supposed to have the tenacity to stick to the plan and not go off the rails with public opinion. He didn't change from day one...you did.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
This being a conspiracy forum and all, I would say that it doesn't matter what his approval rating is when he leaves, coz you are the lot he had planned to put in the boxcars in coming years, only supporters of him and his ideals will be allowed to drive the trains and run the camps.

that may be why he doesn't care about his approval rating, coz in his mind it will eventually be 100% approval

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

I'm pretty sure the boxcars, and camps, are for people infected by viruses. In the case of a virus pandemic, like when or if the bird flu gets airborne, people will have to be quarantined, and or moved from one place to another without letting them escape because it could infect more people.

FEMA is, and was, set up to be ready for such scenarios.

Scientists all over the world know that it is inevitable that new viruses will show up, it's only a matter of time.

-back on subject-

Bush should care about "the people" who made him president. They out number him millions to 1, he should be afraid actually.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

memory.loc.gov...

No where in this oath do I see or read that he has to win an opinion poll or popularity contest. He did the job to the best of his ability. And don't come back with all of this about the constitution. Congress never saw it fit to impeach and if there was a crime committed by Bush it was their duty to impeach. Caring about Americans and caring about how they think of you is two different stories.

United States Declaration of Independence
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it...

United States Constitution
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, ensure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

We the people, not we the president and vice president.

Oath of office of the President of the United States‎
"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

The people have determined that he has failed to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. He should have been impeached.

Now since this government is run by the people, of the people and for the people, and the government does not do what the people want, the president is violating his oath of office.
In short, yes his popularity matters.
If you hire someone and they screw up, they get fired. WE THE PEOPLE hired him, not the other way around.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Well, there you have it in a nutshell!

That pretty much epitomizes the last 8 years of this guy and his putrid admin's CONTEMPT for the people they're "supposed" to be serving, and who are paying his salary with their tax-dollars.

let's all not forget what Cheney said when confronted with America's opinion.

In an interview for Good Morning America, ABC's Martha Raddatz alerted Cheney to America's opinion of the Iraq War. The text below is from the official White House transcript:

Q Two-thirds of Americans say it was not worth fighting.

THE VICE PRESIDENT: They ought to go spend time, like you and I have, Martha. You know what's been happening in Iraq. You've been there as much as anybody. There has, in fact, been fundamental change and transformation, and improvement for the better. I think even you would admit that.

Q Let me go back to the Americans. Two-thirds of Americans say it's not worth fighting, and they're looking at the value gain versus the cost in American lives, certainly, and Iraqi lives.

THE VICE PRESIDENT: So?

Q So -- you don't care what the American people think?

THE VICE PRESIDENT: No, I think you cannot be blown off course by the fluctuations in the public opinion polls.

The only thing that is fluctuating is my level of anger with the outgoing administration. For me, (with Bush's Larry King interview) it has just bottomed out.

Hear it for yourself here:

rawstory.com...

[edit on 15/1/09 by Evasius]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Ha, my above post was (as was the one before it) exactly at 9:11. That was not intended on my behalf, but fitting nonetheless.

[edit on 15/1/09 by Evasius]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join