It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush: 'I don't Give a Darn' What Americans Think About Me

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by StellarX
When did these religious extremist make it their mission to come over to the US and attack it often or at all? Where is the proof? To be more specific which Iraqi or Afghan religious extremist attacked the US?

And when did I say America? I said religious extremists kill others.
You are more than blind if you deny that fact.

Who's killing who en mass? Why blame religious extremist for the world's miseries when it's national governments who are giving invasion orders and creating economic policies that starves and otherwise kills tens of millions per year?

There's plenty of blame to go around. I never said there wasn't. My whole point with the post you are 'taking apart' is that 100% blame should not rest on one man (Bush). There are many people to blame and simply saying "Bush did it" is ignorant to the highest degree.

You can curse Bush as a typical figurehead but admittedly that wont get you very far if you don't have a deeper understanding of the system.

Umm yeah...
Read that post again... I was being sarcastic about Bush being responsible for everything - that was my point. My message was that Bush is NOT solely responsible for the worlds woes.

Far more ignorant and/or misinformed than transparent but at least your view is quite transparent; just shift the blame onto people you have never met ('religious extremist') and never attacked you.

The world would be a far better place without religion. Many wars are faught because of religion.
That's a fact and you can't change it no matter how much you want to.

Originally posted by TruthParadox
No, it's really not... We DO live in a Republic. That's the system of government we have.

I am quite aware of the difference and your instance matters little to me.

It seems you are not aware

Read up on what a Democracy and Republic are and then tell me in what way America is more of a Democracy than a Republic.

The system of representation perhaps? When the 'founding fathers' created a republic ( to protect their wealth and power) they most certainly didn't intend many people to vote and this really what that system of government is meant to do. While the US can thus nominally be called a republic , and those with wealth and power would rather not have you voting at all, the people have basically turned it into a democracy ( if not the best kind) by constant struggle.

What the bleep?
A Republic means that we THE PEOPLE elect others to run our government.
That's what we do.
America is a Republic.

The president, even in a republic, can not do what he likes and at worse the rich and nominally powerful senators can legally prevent him from taking a course of action they do not agree with. Since these senators are at least in theory elected by the people of the various states it's ignorant to claim that a president can nominally do what he likes no matter what the majority says.

Umm... Well he can do what he wants despite what the majority says. Example: Bush' approval rating was very low, but that doesn't change the fact that he made those decisions which directly opposed public opinion. There is no law which says that the Presidents choices must be popular...
How can you even argue against that...

As for the claim that he is not obligated to agree with the majority a president is under almost every form of government ever considered a agent of other interest and forces. Certainly his function in a republic isn't to do what the majority wants but that's why Americans fought for the vote and got it. What you are claiming is that the right to vote where handed out like candy and that votes where never meant to direct the government. That is patently false as the original voting system were created so that the few who were allowed to vote could in fact direct the government to do as the pleased. To now claim that a majority vote does not matter when almost everyone has managed to legally force themselves into the system is to basically side with the rich tiny minority who hate the fact that they have lost exclusive use over this legal means to direct 'their government'.

You're not hearing what I'm saying...
sigh...
We vote for the President based on what we THINK he/she will do. Once in office, there is no law which states that the President must do what the voters thought he would do (this is basic stuff here...).
How is it you're not getting this very simple point I'm making?
How many Presidents go through with everything they said they would on the campaign trail? None. They are not obligated by law to do so.
That is all I'm saying.
That Bush is not obligated by law to agree with the majority and in fact has not.
If Bush (and our government) was obligated to agree with the majority, then we would not be in Iraq right now, and we would be a Democracy.
We ARE in Iraq right now, and we are a Republic.

You keep saying that the President MUST agree with the majority.
Where is the law that states that he must do that?
There is none.
We vote for what we think we will get, but there is absolutely no guarantee that we will get it.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Of course he doesn't, he's a spoiled brat who think of the american people as worms. Do you care what worms think of you? Of course you don't.

That's how this elite is raised.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Of course he doesn't, he's a spoiled brat who think of the american people as worms. Do you care what worms think of you? Of course you don't.

That's how this elite is raised.

???? OBAIMA is the elite one!

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Sorta reminds me of when I was a kid and would see women in the grocery store wearing bathrobe, slippers and curlers. They didn't seem to care, either. How sad.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrJelly
no one Fs you or me or the masses over

And the evidence for that must be in the fact that the US government prints it's own interest free money? The fact that people such as yourself can make such claims when federal reserve banks exists all over the world makes a mockery of these types of sites. We really should have entranch examinations so we don't get saddled with such complete ignorance.

how has BUSH or anyone in office messed up your life. stop the blame game.
take responsibility.

I have consistently found that people who most often accuse others of irresponsible behaviour are either more corrupt, and in denial about who they have abused to get where they are, or no more responsible than the norm but just more arrogant and ignorant.

the masses WILLINGLY gave consent to hand over power to them. WHY YOU ASK. SIMPLE

The masses did not hand over power to them and instead elected representatives to carry out the programs Americans are consistently voting to enact. The masses did NOT elect these guys so they could do whatever they wanted as they seem so prone to doing. In the case of younger bush he lost both elections ( both the popular and electoral votes) and had to be installed by judicial coup's both times.

so they, like you, CAN COMPLAIN instead of taking responsibility.

We get the message, you are the only responsible person around here....

lady said to me in a bar "YOU DONT VOTE. wow. If you dont VOTE you cant complain for the next 4 years"
YEa I said, EXACTLY

What does voting have to do with government who do exactly the opposite of what they claimed they would based on the votes they got? Why does not voting mean that you can not take legal action ( or just moan about it online) against a criminal regime? Sure in a perfect responsive system we could moan when we got what we wanted and it backfired but when has that ever happened?

The reason why governmental systems isn't very or at all responsive is because they would work very well and the rich would suddenly find themselves without the legal and state protection to further exploit anyone or even cling to their ill gotten goods.

you vote so u can complain. when something goes wrong.. LOOK IN THE MIRROR instead of pointing fingers.

At least you have a point with looking in the mirror.

tell me, what has BUSH or anyone in office every done to harm you?

If i were a American i would be concerned about the several thousand dead Americans and the tens of thousand of seriously injured who were at least partly compelled to partake in illegal wars. As for their economic policies ( or at least continuing a broken system) how many Americans have not gotten poorer in the last eight years? What did they do that is comparatively praise worthy?

the value of your dollar drops coz idiots take out huge loans they can never buy back.

The value of the dollar has absolutely nothing to do with huge home loans and absolutely everything to do with a federal reserve that burdens the American economy ( and large tracts of the rest of the world) with a initial interest rate on the USD. This essentially means that there are always less money available than were initially released thus creating a perpetual shortage only alleviated by further new ( but never sufficient)interest rate burdened cash infusions.

And people ask why we Americans are working more hours than they were thirty years ago....

not coz bush STEALS your money.

Well Bush does not but since it's the federal government that gave the privately owned federal reserve bank the power over the US treasury they are complicit for perpetuating a fraud on the world.

Stellar

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join