It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush: 'I don't Give a Darn' What Americans Think About Me

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

thinkprogress.org

In part because of this disregard for the public, President Bush leaves office with the lowest approval ratings in modern history — 34 percent. In an exit interview yesterday with Larry King, Bush made clear that he is quite happy ignoring the public, saying that he doesn’t “give a darn” that Americans simply disdain him:

KING: How do you feel personally when you — you see the ratings and the polls that — and have you at 25, 30 percent…

BUSH: I don’t give a darn. I feel the same way as when they had me at 90 plus.

KING: The same?

BUSH: Yes, look it — these opinion polls are nothing but a, you know, a shot of yesterday’s news.

(visit the link for the full news article)

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Well, there you have it in a nutshell!

That pretty much epitomizes the last 8 years of this guy and his putrid admin's CONTEMPT for the people they're "supposed" to be serving, and who are paying his salary with their tax-dollars.

He "doesn't give a darn" that he's despised by the vast majority of his countrymen for being a disastrous, pathologically lying SOCIOPATH, who's policies, both foreign and domestic, have been behind this country's standard of living and social standing in the world nearly flipping a 180' in less than a decades time. He doesn't "give a darn" that his LIES leading us into a disastrous war and occupation in Iraq have resulted in the needless deaths of thousands of our men, and tens of thousands of innocent Iraqis.

He "doesn't give a darn" about us being upset with him for illegally wire-tapping us and spying on us, all while simultaniously leading the most secretive and sneaky presidency in history...

Pretty much says it all, and sums up the worst president in history's final "nose-thumbing" to this nation.

Don't let the door hit you in the backside on your way out, oh-mighty "Decider"...

thinkprogress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-1-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

You said it perfectly!!!

Great Post!

The man never cared about ANY of us from day one! Which is obvious from what he has done to us and the country.

I truly hope the Congress will prosecute him for war crimes or maybe some other country will.

That would be one of the best events in my life! I would watch the trial every day and even tape it!

BTW: S & F to you.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by questioningall]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
My question is who actually thought he cared? Really he is not on the same level as most Americans, he has no clue what we “normal” people think about, care about, or even worry about.

To think that any politician with money thinks the same as you and I or anyone on our “level” is simply delusional thinking. We are nothing more than work animals plowing their fields so they can reap a fine harvest. And yes that goes for white, black, asian, latino, or who ever. If you are poor or middle class you are not on their level and you are their work animal.

Besides he is about out, only a few days left. I don’t really think anyone cares what he thinks anymore.

Raist

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I assumed this was a given as he's never actually a mandate from the majority of the country? But, now that I think of it NONE of the so called democratic western governments can say they have the support of the majority of their people in their respective countries. Ahhhhhh I get I, this is the democracy that they terrorise the rest of the world with.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Oh come on George. This is old news. I have known this fact that he does not give a darn about us Americans for the past eight years.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I would admire that stance from another man.

The President has access to information, and makes decisions so regarding, which the public has no knowledge of. We should expect him to put his confidence in those decisions, and upon correctly making and implementing them, above the opinion the general public might have of him.

However, given this President's track record of the wisdom and regard to the welfare of the American public, it become obvious that the sword of 'higher responibility' cuts both ways.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
He started an illegal war, doubled the nation's debt, made America look even MORE arrogant to the outside world, screwed up just about everything he put his hands on...

And it's surprising he doesn't "give a darn"?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
A President who takes his oath of office, can't care. He is daily made privy to information that the rest of us will never know.

I'm sure that if he had an opportunity to do a few things differently he would choose to, and he's admitted mistakes.

But public opinion cannot enter into every decision made, and one must be a tough SOB to make the hard decisions based on the best information they receive at the time.

I note that the wire tapping and surveillance measures he was so criticized are not only going to be kept by Obama, but greatly expanded.

We may find out later that he wasn't so bad after all.

And I imagine we'll be discovering that within the next two years.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Or anyone else for that matter.... whether it be nations or the UN or... i could go on all day.

Good post OP.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
This little tid bit should give the MSM enough fodder to make tonight's broadcasts interesting to say the least. Roll a blunt and watch the nights fireworks, should be an interesting commentary tonight.

Isn't that Idiot bush making a speech tonight? Can't believe he's going to screw up my nightly boobtube schedule.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
That's all well and fine Georgie boy because guess what...the American people don't give a "darn" about you either.

Good riddance to bad rubbish, soon you will nothing but another useless old man in a long line of useless old men, the world will always remember you as the tyrant that you are and nothing you say or do will ever change that.

You have left a legacy of death, theivery, lies and corruption and the world will be a better place with you no longer actively participating in it.

Now retire to your Dallas compound and be gone so the world can rid itself of your menace and try and forget you were ever here.

Just like Dirty Dick Cheney likes to say......"SO WHAT".

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
He's in denial.

There's a saying that goes "When someone tells me there's something wrong with me, then it's probably them, but if everyone tells me there's something wrong with me, then it's probably me."

When someone chooses not to care about the nation, when their job requires them to do so, you know they're terrible.

[edit on Thu Jan 15th 2009 by DJMessiah]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Occurs he doesn't his job as a president when he was put in power by the supreme court in 2000 was not to serve the American people it was to destroy any powers that the American people had still on the government.

He has destroy America economically or at least finishing what was stated a various presidencies before him.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

He doesn't "give a darn" that his LIES leading us into a disastrous war and occupation in Iraq have resulted in the needless deaths of thousands of our men, and tens of thousands of innocent Iraqis.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

Sorry to be off topic but I saw your statement and wanted to clarify the actual estimates. You need to replace 'tens of thousands' with 'MILLIONS' of dead Iraqis

source: www.antiwar.com...

[edit on 15-1-2009 by Wormwood Squirm]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Son Of Liberty
He started an illegal war, doubled the nation's debt, made America look even MORE arrogant to the outside world, screwed up just about everything he put his hands on...

And it's surprising he doesn't "give a darn"?

the war is not illegal

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall

You said it perfectly!!!

Great Post!

The man never cared about ANY of us from day one! Which is obvious from what he has done to us and the country.

I truly hope the Congress will prosecute him for war crimes or maybe some other country will.

That would be one of the best events in my life! I would watch the trial every day and even tape it!

BTW: S & F to you.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by questioningall]

You don't honestly believe that Congress will go after him, do you? Dennis Kucinich tried to push for a trial on Bush, Cheney and their cronies, and he got no mainstream media attention at all, he was completely ignored. But I guess it's not as important an issue as what Obama's daughters had for lunch at school.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Bush is not yet done screwing the U.S., he still has until the 20th of this month! Hey Bush, from the bottom of my heart, FU, you're so lucky the Christians voted you in twice.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
He doesn't and never did. He'll be in Paraguay with Secret Service protection, laughing at us when TSHTF. Why should he have to suffer when you can instead?

Peace

[edit on 15-1-2009 by Dr Love]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I think Bush really believes he did his best to do what was good and right for his country. When a leader is persuaded of the rightness of his/her course then he or she must persevere despite critics, who they think will later be shown to be wrong.

The real problem is with the ideology that shaped his actions and behavior. Neo-cons as a rule truly believe that democracy can be exported to other countries; that once those countries taste democracy they will change centuries of their own histories and follow democratic ideals. Thus you have Iraq.

The hard right also believes in "laissez faire" capitalism--that is, capitalism with as few restraints as possible--and that if one benefits the rich this will ensure the welfare of the rest of the people. Thus most of Bush's policies were for the very rich and nobody else.

The hard right also believes in its own mandate from heaven to do as they see fit on earth and the opposition be damned.

The man is blameworthy, but it is the ideology that motivated him that needs to be voted out by the American people.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join